Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight 19:30 - May 4 with 3351 viewsIllinoisblue

But really can’t see it happening. For all the talk of Liverpool doing the quadruple, can see City doing a double of premier league and champions league.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 07:57 - May 5 with 550 viewsElephantintheRoom

Have faith. There is something quite pleasing about Europe’s premier club knocking out two sportswashing oil states and Putin’s laundry club in three successive rounds - all with a manager sacked by two of them

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 08:37 - May 5 with 492 viewsBiGDonnie

Yep, fcuk City, well happy with that result.

Crazy game last night.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 09:01 - May 5 with 461 viewsDJR

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 06:38 - May 5 by Sharkey

I don't have an opinion, but I WAS shocked when I moved to Lancashire for a few years in the 90s to hear people's opinions of Scousers. If anything got nicked it was always 'you can forget about that, it'll be in Liverpool by now', and that was atthe milder end of the spectrum. The worst I heard was from a cop from St Helens ... who of course to me sounded like a Scouser himself.

I don't think such views are really justified. On things like deprivation and crime, Manchester is worse but you rarely hear a bad word about Manchester or Mancunians. Liverpool was a very prosperous city at one time, and in the 60s and 70s had a great reputation on the back of the Beatles and the football teams. Unfortunately it suffered a lot in the 1980s from high unemployment, and I think it was this period during that a bad stereotype of Liverpool emerged, no doubt partly on the back of The Boys from the Blackstuff, Harry Enfield and Militant. It has really regenerated in the last couple of decades, has a magnificent waterfront alongside the Three Graces, and is home to some great cultural venues such as the Tate, but sadly it has struggled to shake off its bad and unjustified reputation.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 9:09]
Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 09:07 - May 5 with 452 viewsDJR

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 21:48 - May 4 by blueislander

You obviously a Town supporter in the early 70s when Liverpool “fans” left a trail of destruction every time they came to Ipswich . Along with Millwall probably the most violent fans.

My experience of the North Stand in the 1970s was that it was the big London clubs which were far worse when it came to violence and mayhem.
Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 10:27 - May 5 with 393 viewsMattinLondon

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 21:45 - May 4 by mutters

Whats your beef with scousers? My experience is far different from yours. Lovely genuine people, very family oriented.

Never understood why people hate them so much

Personally speaking I have nothing against scousers at all - I do get a little annoyed when famous scousers bang on about ‘the scouse sense of humour’ but that’s just a very minor thing.

But I do have have an irrational dislike of Liverpool FC. Could well be that they have a lot of glory-hunting plastic fans that, as a kid, used to go on about Ipswich being rubbish. Think that might well have something to do with it. But the same could be said for Man U and a whole host of other big clubs and I don’t dislike or have any strong opinions on them.
Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 10:55 - May 5 with 374 viewsblueislander

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 09:07 - May 5 by DJR

My experience of the North Stand in the 1970s was that it was the big London clubs which were far worse when it came to violence and mayhem.

It was in the town centre rather than in the ground that the Liverpool fans habitually caused damage, but you are correct about London fans in the ground. Leeds, of course, were also pretty bad.
Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 10:56 - May 5 with 372 viewschicoazul

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 21:48 - May 4 by blueislander

You obviously a Town supporter in the early 70s when Liverpool “fans” left a trail of destruction every time they came to Ipswich . Along with Millwall probably the most violent fans.

Yes. All proper right thinking Ipswich fans loath Liverpool.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 11:10 - May 5 with 347 viewsDJR

Would love to see Madrid dump City out tonight on 10:55 - May 5 by blueislander

It was in the town centre rather than in the ground that the Liverpool fans habitually caused damage, but you are correct about London fans in the ground. Leeds, of course, were also pretty bad.

I don't think I picked up on that, but having said that I do remember playing football on Gippeswyk Park on a Saturday morning in the early 70s when the game was interrupted by several police cars which were looking for ticketless Liverpool fans who'd jumped off the train just before Ipswich station. Man United were pretty bad too.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 11:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024