Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? 06:49 - May 13 with 1501 viewssolomon

It’s beggars belief that our governmental version of Thanos seems to think cutting 90,000 civil service jobs will end our current misery.

Jesus wept.
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 07:18 - May 13 with 1447 viewsPlums

This will appeal to the rapid Telegraph and other rag readers. Nothing else. It’s about shoring up Johnson. There will be nothing left of this country by the time they leave office.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 07:47 - May 13 with 1402 viewsTonytown

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 07:18 - May 13 by Plums

This will appeal to the rapid Telegraph and other rag readers. Nothing else. It’s about shoring up Johnson. There will be nothing left of this country by the time they leave office.

Yes, sod those 90,000 people and their families too.

Absolute state of them and those that vote for them.
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:02 - May 13 with 1375 viewsSteve_M

This, despite the fact that 12 years of Tory 'austerity' have hollowed out every aspect of the state.

Don't worry though, the net result will be the government bunging even more money to management consultants than now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:02 - May 13 with 1375 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s exactly that.

For the last 6 months or more, it’s been attack after attack on civil servants for things like working from home etc. when we were instructed to do so. Even now we are instructed to do so.

It’s politics by Daily Mail headline.

For context here, the part of the FCDO i’m in just has sign off on an 11% increase in staff budget to cover need for more people. Many other departments have had the same.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 8:03]
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:13 - May 13 with 1310 viewsElderGrizzly

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:02 - May 13 by Steve_M

This, despite the fact that 12 years of Tory 'austerity' have hollowed out every aspect of the state.

Don't worry though, the net result will be the government bunging even more money to management consultants than now.

Bingo.

And Rees-Mogg is on BBC now saying removing civil servants is ok as technology will replace it.
Who will run those tech projects and implement? Management Consultants with ties to MPs.

A report was out last month and the biggest cause of rise in Civil Servant posts? Brexit…
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:25 - May 13 with 1275 viewsDubtractor

Tories for the past 12 years: Let's gut the public sector.

Also Tories for the past 12 years: Why does the public sector do such a bad job?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:28 - May 13 with 1266 viewsOldsmoker

This has coincided with the number of police fines at No 10 exceeding 100.
I think that this is one of those dead cats that get thrown.
I'd have thought that this would have been in the Queens speech if they were serious.
This topic has replaced Partygate at the top of the discussion charts.

Luckily, the Tories will fail at this like that failed at building houses.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:30 - May 13 with 1255 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:28 - May 13 by Oldsmoker

This has coincided with the number of police fines at No 10 exceeding 100.
I think that this is one of those dead cats that get thrown.
I'd have thought that this would have been in the Queens speech if they were serious.
This topic has replaced Partygate at the top of the discussion charts.

Luckily, the Tories will fail at this like that failed at building houses.

100 ... and not out.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:35 - May 13 with 1248 viewsGuthrum

It means they would be able to cut tax for people who don't really need it. Then blame somebody else for the reduction in standard and speed of services.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:48 - May 13 with 1208 viewsElderGrizzly

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:30 - May 13 by You_Bloo_Right

100 ... and not out.

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:50 - May 13 with 1199 viewsElderGrizzly

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:35 - May 13 by Guthrum

It means they would be able to cut tax for people who don't really need it. Then blame somebody else for the reduction in standard and speed of services.

A windfall tax on just one oil company would raise more than this ‘saving’
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:52 - May 13 with 1194 viewsGuthrum

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:50 - May 13 by ElderGrizzly

A windfall tax on just one oil company would raise more than this ‘saving’

Of course. But that would be an attack upon investments and dividends (not to mention donors), rather than "big government".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 11:36 - May 13 with 1029 viewsmylittletown

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:48 - May 13 by ElderGrizzly

She is a really nasty piece of work.
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 11:52 - May 13 with 992 viewsfooters

If you get rid of 90,000 Job Centre workers you'll probably reduce the number of people claiming benefits.

#justtorythings

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 11:55 - May 13 with 982 viewsHARRY10

I'm sure these cuts will help speed up the DVLA, and reduce the delays at ports.

Meanwhile, this menagerie of failures, incompetents and third raters blunders from one idiot comment to another - with a daily commentary of stupidity and ignorance.

From advising the poor how to feed themselves to witless utterances about CH4 and CH5- with the 'stick insect' seeming unable to stop himself from demonstrating even the best of education cannot enlighten a cretin.

Without a clue what needs to be done to deal with their own mess, they decide to head off to a poor area to see if the poor can help, only to conclude that any help would cause a further increase in inflation.

Yet oil companies cannot be taxed as they need the money to spend, though the opposite appears to be case, as far as the poor are concerned.

When it came to protecting businesses there was money galore, though how much was lost to fraud can only be equalled by what was fiddled by friends in ministers through PPE fraud.

Unsurprisingly this spending spree cannot be applied to helping those now struggling, even though those naughty folk in the EU seem to be able to help their citizens.

Rather than government of competence we get and executive of eejits, with its head (gutbicket) spending his time wandering around Britain in clad in a variety of hi-viz jackets leering into the camera like a pervert watching a game of girl's netball.

A man with a long history of failure in both his public and private life is not going to suddenly change, nor is the dependence on him by a cabal of cack handed c**** in the cabinet either. Things will not get better, and allowing this bloated buffoon to continue his wrecking ball on the economy and society at large, will only mean it will take far longer to clear up the mess.

Get the gutbucket out
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 12:08 - May 13 with 950 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s a desperate hunt for enemies now that the EU can’t be blamed for everything and the two main parties are fairly aligned on immigrants and bashing the left.

Civil service and no doubt public services are firmly in the sights of their blame game. Divide and conquer is their tried and tested method of gaining an electoral edge.

On a related note, I predict an imminent ramping up of the anti-China rhetoric too and some claptrap about defending our freedoms from the Russian/Chinese forces of darkness (that are also late-stage capitalists but never mind).

Pronouns: He/Him

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 12:13 - May 13 with 928 viewsjaykay

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:13 - May 13 by ElderGrizzly

Bingo.

And Rees-Mogg is on BBC now saying removing civil servants is ok as technology will replace it.
Who will run those tech projects and implement? Management Consultants with ties to MPs.

A report was out last month and the biggest cause of rise in Civil Servant posts? Brexit…

pity we couldn't replace mogg with technology. i think i have one of the kids sinclairs zx somewhere in the house what would do the job

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 12:16 - May 13 with 919 viewsHARRY10

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 11:52 - May 13 by footers

If you get rid of 90,000 Job Centre workers you'll probably reduce the number of people claiming benefits.

#justtorythings

if you exclude this job centre employees

however it is now stated that it is to be done over three years

which will really help todays problems
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 13:22 - May 13 with 827 viewsIpswichKnight

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 08:02 - May 13 by ElderGrizzly

It’s exactly that.

For the last 6 months or more, it’s been attack after attack on civil servants for things like working from home etc. when we were instructed to do so. Even now we are instructed to do so.

It’s politics by Daily Mail headline.

For context here, the part of the FCDO i’m in just has sign off on an 11% increase in staff budget to cover need for more people. Many other departments have had the same.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 8:03]

We were discussing this today at work ( we’re part of cabinet office) it’s totally some red meat for the daily mail/telegraph/express readers. Better not say anymore I don’t want the honourable member for 1854 to come after my promotion!
Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 13:58 - May 13 with 785 viewsBlueNomad

Cutting jobs to reduce the cost of living? on 12:13 - May 13 by jaykay

pity we couldn't replace mogg with technology. i think i have one of the kids sinclairs zx somewhere in the house what would do the job

He gets his technology from Mesopotamia, Abbysynia and the American Colonies you know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024