Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester City then..... 09:47 - May 20 with 3570 viewspete81

There was some excitement about Ipswich going for City status a while ago....Tom Hunt told us we weren't allowed....
Colchester City then..... on 17:49 - May 20 with 843 viewsBonneNIL

Colchester City then..... on 09:50 - May 20 by Deano69

No idea what benefit it would bring us.

Ipswich City FC - doesnt seem to work for me....

The team doesn't have to change names just because the location becomes a City, the club was formed in, and named after the Town.

Sheffield Wednesday is named after a group of players who'd meet up after work on a Wednesday night to play games, they didn't have to change to Sheffield Saturday once they joined the Football League did they.

It's Ipswich Town and should always remain that.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Colchester City then..... on 18:15 - May 20 with 814 viewsjeera

Colchester City then..... on 14:12 - May 20 by wkj

Love it or hate it, MK is leading the way in the technology sector, also home of the Open University and the main hub for electric vehicle technology. Also... MK is showing growth where as many other towns are showing urban decline.

I admit that's a moo one on me.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Colchester City then..... on 18:32 - May 20 with 804 viewsGeoffSentence

They should have a play off system.

If they keep this up eventually we will run out of Towns.

My idea would be that a bunch of cr@p cities should have to compete with Towns to either remain or become a city.

Incidentally Rochester did lose city status in 1998 by accident when it merged with Gillingham to become the unitary authority of Medway and someone forgot to complete the paperwork to keep Rochester as a city.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Colchester City then..... on 00:50 - May 21 with 708 viewsbournemouthblue

Colchester City then..... on 11:53 - May 20 by itfcjoe

Yep, you just have to look at the funding relatively local cities get compared to us.

Everyone was for it apart from Tom Hunt, sooner that w@nker is out of office here the better - is a stain on Ipswich. It's not party political either, you can guarantee that Ben Gummer would have been pushing us forwards for this status if he was still our MP.

It was entirely party political on Tom's part, he didn't want the Labour run council getting the credit for the City status

He is now backtracking, looking a total knob now some rival locations of similar size have got it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Colchester City then..... on 01:02 - May 21 with 697 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Colchester City then..... on 14:12 - May 20 by wkj

Love it or hate it, MK is leading the way in the technology sector, also home of the Open University and the main hub for electric vehicle technology. Also... MK is showing growth where as many other towns are showing urban decline.

Full of psychopaths though ain’t it.

Sorry I mean cycle paths.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Colchester City then..... on 06:09 - May 21 with 616 viewssolomon

Colchester City then..... on 10:06 - May 20 by SomethingBlue

It suits Tom Hunt's agenda very well to be representing an angry little backwater — which Ipswich isn't and must not become.

Isn’t Tom Hunt the angry little backwater?
Sadly Colchester is anything but a city in terms of…. on 09:50 - May 21 with 448 viewsunstableblue

.. having a music venue of note
…. any truly decent pubs
… any real arts scene, despite First Site
…. a general move to chain restaurants
… a planning regime that has gone mad, huge building with limited transport change, and the mad plan to build cinemas and restaurants in developments on the periphery and not in the centre, which is struggling….

I could go on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Colchester City then..... on 10:06 - May 21 with 435 viewsEwan_Oozami

Colchester City then..... on 14:17 - May 20 by wkj

If you don't wan't to hear about roundabouts you should probably click on the roundabouts filter

I've tried but I just keep getting a spinning circle in the middle of the screen...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024