Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. 11:33 - May 23 with 2811 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Portsmouth
MK Dons
Wycombe
Peterborough
Oxford
Plymouth
Bolton
Ipswich

All of those teams could arguably be in the top six mix. I do worry we missed a great opportunity last season what with Paul Cook's disasterous start. I think obviously we'll have a good chance but it will be really tough. That's a bunch of tough league one teams who are not going to want to give us an inch.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:25 - May 23 with 509 viewsVic

Derby and Sheff Weds, and at a push Bolton are the only 3 in that lot that have anywhere near the pedigree we have. It's a sad reflection of where we are that we're in the same bracket at P'boro, MK Dons, Plymouth Etc. We have no divine right to get promo, but with the financial clout we have, and if KM is half the manager we hope he is then we simply need to get our heads down and put everything into every game and we should be OK.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 13:30]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 14:11 - May 23 with 417 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:46 - May 23 by textbackup

We’ll be in the top 2

Absolutely certain of it

Top one.... 100 points 300 goals

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 14:25 - May 23 with 402 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:55 - May 23 by markchips

I agree, we didn't get a single point off Sunderland last few seasons.

And Sunderland were poor when we played them!
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 14:29 - May 23 with 395 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:55 - May 23 by markchips

I agree, we didn't get a single point off Sunderland last few seasons.

Drew with them at home this season, drew with them in our first season too. still glad they went up though as they were always tough
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 14:58 - May 23 with 356 viewsHighgateBlue

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:53 - May 23 by Keno

PAH!!!

Its been revamped and in the capable hands of Admiral McKenna and Captain Morsy

HMS P1ss the League sailing to a ground near you next season

Sailing aground, did you say? ;)
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 15:07 - May 23 with 351 viewsitfcsuth

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 13:17 - May 23 by cressi

Really why no different to any other year Derby down Sunderland up
Plus Derby still in a financial muddle .We have the nucleus of a decent side although I still believe we will bring 6 -7 in as I think another 2-3 will leave this season after a pre season players like Walton and Morsey will be there on opening day, it's just about getting the recruitment right this summer

I'm not suggesting we won't be one of the strongest, nor do I think we shouldn't aiming for top 2.

But I do believe it will be a strong league, and one you have to work hard to get out of.
I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 15:37 - May 23 with 313 viewsChurchman

I honestly fear it's going to be harder to get top 6 this year. on 11:35 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

We have foundations we didn't have a year ago, though, and only two of those clubs are likely to have financial clout on anything like a similar level to ours. I don't particularly worry that the league will be stronger and expect a strong performance from us.

Agreed. It’s all about what we do. I don’t see anything to fear from the rest. A good or at worst reasonable start is essential. 3 points from 18 by early September last year put us in chasing category before the season even began in earnest.

It was all fingers crossed and hope for the best with demolition man’s completely new team and no worthwhile pre-season. We are not going to have that this time and hopefully that’ll show.

We should aim for top one with an acceptance of top two if necessary. Over confidence? Mad? Dreamland? Arrogance? Possibly, but I don’t think it’s an unrealistic target.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024