Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: 17:07 - May 24 with 1652 viewshomer_123

"Thank you for your email regarding the ongoing matter of breaches of lockdown rules in No.10. As you will expect I have received a great deal of correspondence on this issue.

I share your frustration that the Prime Minister did not follow the Covid restrictions and the personal anguish which has been caused by those behaviours in number 10 which have already been adjudicated on by the Metropolitan police. I cannot, however, comment further on the Prime Minister’s involvement, the incidents in question, or on whether he knowingly misled the House of Commons on this matter.

I am a member of the Privileges Committee. If the House of Commons feels that the Prime Minister has intentionally misled the House, the matter is referred to the Privileges Committee to investigate the case and adjudicate on the matter. The Commons has now agreed to refer the Prime Minister’s conduct to the Privileges Committee. The Conservative members of the committee were to abstain had the matter come to a vote, so as not to prejudice our position on the matter that might come before us.

I have taken advice from the Clerk of the Committee, who has explained:

“I would advise you, as a member of the Committee of Privileges, not to make any public statement about any individual case which has been referred to the Committee. If the Committee is asked to investigate an allegation that a contempt of Parliament has been committed, that is a serious matter and it is important, given the quasi-judicial role of the Committee, that its members are seen to be carrying out their work in a scrupulously impartial way and that they do not make public comments on the rights and wrongs of the case or anticipate the Committee’s conclusions.”

Chris Bryant MP, the committee chair, has already expressed his view on the matter and has therefore had to recuse himself from this case. Members of the committee are like judges in a court. We are expected to approach such matters as impartially as we can, and not have a predetermined view, before the hearings start.

I am sorry I cannot be more forthcoming but I hope you understand my reasons. I can assure you I attach the highest importance to matters like this.
"

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 17:29 - May 24 with 1560 viewspointofblue

Interesting, so this specific Conservative MP might be one of those ‘trying’ Johnson, so to speak.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 17:39 - May 24 with 1524 viewsChurchman

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 17:29 - May 24 by pointofblue

Interesting, so this specific Conservative MP might be one of those ‘trying’ Johnson, so to speak.

It happens. I’ve seen Select Committees where the Chairperson has waded in on a fellow party member like no tomorrow (e.g. Nicky Morgan and another mush whose name escapes me who chaired Brexit Select Committees along with Hilary Benn and Yvette Cooper). A lot of the workings of HoC are non political in that committees, working groups etc are drawn from across government.

This MPs response is interesting in that reading between the lines you can see what his opinion is. There will be 100s of tory MPs making the most of their last couple of years as an MP. Maybe he’s one of them?
So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:21 - May 24 with 1284 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 17:39 - May 24 by Churchman

It happens. I’ve seen Select Committees where the Chairperson has waded in on a fellow party member like no tomorrow (e.g. Nicky Morgan and another mush whose name escapes me who chaired Brexit Select Committees along with Hilary Benn and Yvette Cooper). A lot of the workings of HoC are non political in that committees, working groups etc are drawn from across government.

This MPs response is interesting in that reading between the lines you can see what his opinion is. There will be 100s of tory MPs making the most of their last couple of years as an MP. Maybe he’s one of them?

I am not sure there is any reading between the lines. It is very carefully worded to make no comment on presumed guilt or innocence and very rightly so. The frustration that he can't reply doesn't mean the reply would say any particular view.

It is a very sensible response and probably the most direct reply I have seen from a Tory politician!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:25 - May 24 with 1275 viewsjeera

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:21 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure there is any reading between the lines. It is very carefully worded to make no comment on presumed guilt or innocence and very rightly so. The frustration that he can't reply doesn't mean the reply would say any particular view.

It is a very sensible response and probably the most direct reply I have seen from a Tory politician!

To be fair, whoever it is has said whatever they can.

And has respectfully included his/her reasoning too which feels unusual in itself.

Not sure why Homer hasn't included the MP's name.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:41 - May 24 with 1219 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:25 - May 24 by jeera

To be fair, whoever it is has said whatever they can.

And has respectfully included his/her reasoning too which feels unusual in itself.

Not sure why Homer hasn't included the MP's name.

Maybe doesn't want to give away where they live?
So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:54 - May 24 with 1186 viewsjeera

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:41 - May 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

Maybe doesn't want to give away where they live?

Well there is that of course.

But generally it's quite difficult to pin point someone just by their MP's name.

Although I suppose a yellow guy eating donuts saying 'doh' a lot would stand out a bit.

We do get some funny sorts on here at times, although I've not received any death threats for several weeks now so it's all good atm.

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:58 - May 24 with 1164 viewsBlueBadger

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:54 - May 24 by jeera

Well there is that of course.

But generally it's quite difficult to pin point someone just by their MP's name.

Although I suppose a yellow guy eating donuts saying 'doh' a lot would stand out a bit.

We do get some funny sorts on here at times, although I've not received any death threats for several weeks now so it's all good atm.

I haven't been reminded about my wedding for ages now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 20:18 - May 24 with 1120 viewsjeera

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:58 - May 24 by BlueBadger

Didn't happen.

There's no way you got anyone to marry you. I'm not having that.

Login to get fewer ads

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 20:36 - May 24 with 1086 viewsfactual_blue

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 19:58 - May 24 by BlueBadger

It was pretty much like this, wasn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 11:13 - May 25 with 804 viewsmutters

Which MP was this response from?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

So, I contacted my local Conservative MP about the PM and received this: on 12:06 - May 25 with 713 viewsBlueNomad

I'm still waiting for a reply from Jo Churchill following the Johnson / Sunak fines over six weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024