Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton signing autographs today 17:47 - Jun 25 with 3870 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s a bit odd, isn’t it? Odder still for fans to ask for his signature.

Disclaimer; I like what Ashton is doing and a big fan of the drive and energy he brings to the club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:49 - Jun 25 with 3062 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it odd? Sheekshanks did it every game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:57 - Jun 25 with 3013 viewsAlanG296

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:49 - Jun 25 by FrimleyBlue

Not odd that Ashton would sign them, fits with his wannabe behaviour at Lincoln.

As for anyone who asked him for one, they are definitely odd.
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:59 - Jun 25 with 2986 viewsIllinoisblue

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:49 - Jun 25 by FrimleyBlue

Did he?

62 - 78 - 81

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:19 - Jun 25 with 2905 viewsVeggie

Oh got I hope Bristol City fans don’t find out.
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:36 - Jun 25 with 2832 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Very. Although quite why somebody would ask for it is probably more strange!
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:41 - Jun 25 with 2810 viewswkj

I had him sign me right teet. Never washing it again

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:54 - Jun 25 with 2761 viewstimothyeo

I wasn't there, is this just a rumour?

I dont believe this actually happened. Not only in that I doubt our fans are that sad to ask for the signature of a member of staff, but even moreso that Ashton would lap it up. Can you die from cringe?
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:55 - Jun 25 with 2750 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 17:59 - Jun 25 by Illinoisblue

Did he?

If you asked him he was always willing to sign your book. He always shook hands with fans. Met with families attending and never said no to a picture or autograph. Was a lovely guy. Made my dad's day once by having a full on conversation with him after the memorial service of Sir alf in town.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:58 - Jun 25 with 2757 viewsOwainG1992

I don't see the big deal.
As a grown man I wouldn't be looking for autographs but for the youngsters why not get the autograph of someone who is very big at our club.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 19:03 - Jun 25 with 2733 viewsIllinoisblue

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:58 - Jun 25 by OwainG1992

I don't see the big deal.
As a grown man I wouldn't be looking for autographs but for the youngsters why not get the autograph of someone who is very big at our club.

Didn’t say it was a big deal, just that it’s a bit weird.

62 - 78 - 81

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 19:56 - Jun 25 with 2624 viewsVeggie

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:54 - Jun 25 by timothyeo

I dont believe this actually happened. Not only in that I doubt our fans are that sad to ask for the signature of a member of staff, but even moreso that Ashton would lap it up. Can you die from cringe?

There’s photographic evidence. Although I guess if someone asks him for an autograph he can’t exactly say no.

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:27 - Jun 25 with 2541 viewsChurchman

Weird that anyone should ask for it, that’s for sure. But if presumably a child, does, what’s he supposed to do? Tell them to hiss off?
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 2432 viewsAlanG296

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:27 - Jun 25 by Churchman

Weird that anyone should ask for it, that’s for sure. But if presumably a child, does, what’s he supposed to do? Tell them to hiss off?

Could be worse, it wouldn't surprise me if the wannabe had a load of signed photos in his pocket next time. He's not football staff, should be nowhere near the pitch. The home boardroom and director's box are his domain at an away game. Never saw a CEO in those sticker books you could get, players and at most the manager. He'll be getting a suit sponsor and a centrespread in the programme next.
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 2424 viewsJ2BLUE

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:27 - Jun 25 by Churchman

Exactly.

Sheepshanks also signed autographs. If you're a kid newly in love with anything Town you'd ask the tea lady for her autograph is you saw her.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:01 - Jun 25 with 2404 viewsRocky

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 18:54 - Jun 25 by timothyeo

Still here Budgie boy?
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:15 - Jun 25 with 2324 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:55 - Jun 25 by AlanG296

Could be worse, it wouldn't surprise me if the wannabe had a load of signed photos in his pocket next time. He's not football staff, should be nowhere near the pitch. The home boardroom and director's box are his domain at an away game. Never saw a CEO in those sticker books you could get, players and at most the manager. He'll be getting a suit sponsor and a centrespread in the programme next.

From your post, I presume you either prefer Saviour Evans’ efforts at engaging with people or you’ve met Ashton. What’s he like?
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:16 - Jun 25 with 2322 viewshoppy

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:56 - Jun 25 by J2BLUE

Exactly.

Sheepshanks also signed autographs. If you're a kid newly in love with anything Town you'd ask the tea lady for her autograph is you saw her.

The tea lady’s agent got her a really good deal, to be fair.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:37 - Jun 25 with 2231 viewsAlanG296

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:15 - Jun 25 by Churchman

From your post, I presume you either prefer Saviour Evans’ efforts at engaging with people or you’ve met Ashton. What’s he like?

No, no time for Evans and never met Ashton. Just believe football is about the players first and foremost and then the manager and coaches. Everyone else including the CEO has a very important job to do in the background.
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:49 - Jun 25 with 2176 viewswkj

What would you rather -

1. The puppet of a reclusive billionaire who believes the first team can operate with U23 players who doesn't engage with fans

2. A football focussed CEO who is hated by Bristol City that does engage with fans.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:51 - Jun 25 with 2167 viewsjeera

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:01 - Jun 25 by Rocky

Still here Budgie boy?

He's not the only one on this thread by the look of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:02 - Jun 25 with 2110 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 20:55 - Jun 25 by AlanG296

With the club making a massive stride in its community work, its fantastic that the ceo takes the time during matchdays to be amongst the fans that effectively pay his and the players wages. There will be kids that will love seeing anyone involved In the club in the flesh, there will also be grown ups who enjoy a casual chat with him and enjoy mixing with someone of such a level of the club they support. It's to be applauded imo. The cobbolds. Sheepshanks all welcomed supporters. They mixed with them they personally thanked them for their support. Evans and his employees saw supporters as customers and they made it clear in their words and actions.

Waka waka eh eh

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:03 - Jun 25 with 2114 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 21:49 - Jun 25 by wkj

What would you rather -

1. The puppet of a reclusive billionaire who believes the first team can operate with U23 players who doesn't engage with fans

2. A football focussed CEO who is hated by Bristol City that does engage with fans.

You could take that a bit further still, as Ashton is probably more akin to Evans than the nodding donkeys he used to appoint to carry out his orders. That Ashton was part of the party travelling to a pretty insignificant early pre-season match speaks volumes in itself.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:07 - Jun 25 with 2099 viewsAlanG296

What would you rather -

Neither.
Some fans fall for the PR. They did with Sheepshanks as well. As for football focused a good CEO is involved in appointing the football management etc and apart from contracts, leaves them to get on with it. Plenty of things off the field for the CEO to lead his management team on.
Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:12 - Jun 25 with 2083 viewsIllinoisblue

What would you rather -

Like most football fans I want the moon. On a stick. And I want it yesterday. And I want more moons after that. On bigger and better sticks.

Failing that, promotion and a vaguely exciting cup run will suffice.

62 - 78 - 81

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 2053 viewsjeera

Mark Ashton signing autographs today on 22:12 - Jun 25 by Illinoisblue

Like most football fans I want the moon. On a stick. And I want it yesterday. And I want more moons after that. On bigger and better sticks.

Failing that, promotion and a vaguely exciting cup run will suffice.

I don't want our moon, it's sh1t.

All grey and dull looking.

What about one of the other planet's moons, maybe they're better?

Can we have one of those, on a stick, wrapped in candyfloss? I want that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024