Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish Independence Referendum 19:02 - Jun 28 with 6325 viewsunbelievablue

Here's your job: convince me (English, lives in England, no ties to Scotland) that I should care and/or be annoyed about it.*

*I say this because, in the social groups of which I am a (integral, obviously) contributing member, there seems to be a fair deal of hand-wringing/anger/annoyance about the whole thing, and I really can't tell why.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:00 - Jun 30 with 292 viewsmylittletown

Scottish Independence Referendum on 08:55 - Jun 30 by GlasgowBlue

I can’t believe you left out Scottish cuisine? Where else would you find a deep fried mars bar and iron bru.

I actually witnessed someone order a deep fried mars bar in a chippie on Sauchihall Street, just on the city centre side of the M8. Unfortunately he didn't try to eat it in front of us!
Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:17 - Jun 30 with 263 viewsgordon

Scottish Independence Referendum on 08:01 - Jun 30 by GlasgowBlue

You could almost be talking about Brexit in your last two sentences.

Don't think there's any reason to presume that Brexit could/should deliver any benefit in the long-term either.

Scottish Independence would have all sorts of ramifications, some positive, some negative, certainly in the short-term, but in the long-term there are lots of examples of successful, prosperous, relatively small countries within the EU - there was never equivalent template for success re Brexit.
Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:22 - Jun 30 with 246 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage-esque

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 219 viewsBonneNIL

Wheres my independence vote from Scotland?

As an Englishman, I never get asked if I want to be in the Union, ever! We were never asked, it was forced on us by an unelected Monarchy, at least the Scots have had some choice in the matter. We never have.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:55 - Jun 30 with 216 viewsgiant_stow

Scottish Independence Referendum on 11:54 - Jun 30 by BonneNIL

Wheres my independence vote from Scotland?

As an Englishman, I never get asked if I want to be in the Union, ever! We were never asked, it was forced on us by an unelected Monarchy, at least the Scots have had some choice in the matter. We never have.

Think of it like being adopted by a stay cat - no choice, costly, but ultimately it's nice to have a pet.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024