Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harness/celina 06:54 - Jul 16 with 2035 viewsStu_boy

Just seen the eadt are reporting we are still interested in celina. Be great to get both and a striker. I guess leif davis is now gone given harness can play lwb and junior firpo's injury
Harness/celina on 06:59 - Jul 16 with 1991 viewsVeggie

I really hope we don’t end up with too big a squad again. Let’s keep it lean please ITFC.
Harness/celina on 07:12 - Jul 16 with 1905 viewsStu_boy

Harness/celina on 06:59 - Jul 16 by Veggie

I really hope we don’t end up with too big a squad again. Let’s keep it lean please ITFC.

Penney will probably move on now and get a couple of youngsters out on season long loans to aid their development. We were always linked with a second lwb and now we have him will the added benefit of playing more attack so tackles two issues in one potentially. Perhaps harness is viewed as the left sided wes burns
Harness/celina on 07:16 - Jul 16 with 1875 viewsquad

Harness/celina on 07:12 - Jul 16 by Stu_boy

Penney will probably move on now and get a couple of youngsters out on season long loans to aid their development. We were always linked with a second lwb and now we have him will the added benefit of playing more attack so tackles two issues in one potentially. Perhaps harness is viewed as the left sided wes burns

So where does Greg Leigh fit in?
Harness/celina on 07:17 - Jul 16 with 1878 viewsChrisd

Yes, quite. I look at our squad and feel there’s plenty of options now across the starting XI, signing any more could muddy the waters unless we look to move some on.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Harness/celina on 07:21 - Jul 16 with 1837 viewsquad

Harness/celina on 07:17 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

Yes, quite. I look at our squad and feel there’s plenty of options now across the starting XI, signing any more could muddy the waters unless we look to move some on.

I think we need either Celina or another striker. I don't think we need both.
Harness/celina on 07:39 - Jul 16 with 1714 viewsBseaBlue

A valid point but I don't think the change to 5 subs can be under-estimated this season.

Squad utilisation will be very important.
Harness/celina on 07:52 - Jul 16 with 1610 viewsGarv

Harness/celina on 07:17 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

Is Harness the technical number 10 to play alongside Chaplin when Aluko is tired, though?

It'd still be superb to have Celina for that role and have Harness playing the Burns role on the right or left. Burns has had injury worries remember, he won't play every game.

And we probably do need a striker still. So Celina and Hirst for me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harness/celina on 07:55 - Jul 16 with 1594 viewsquad

Harness/celina on 07:39 - Jul 16 by BseaBlue

A valid point but I don't think the change to 5 subs can be under-estimated this season.

Squad utilisation will be very important.

Completely forgot about that. Much easier to keep the bench players happy then. Let's get Celina and Hirst. Then get rid of Penney and I'll be happy
Login to get fewer ads

Harness/celina on 07:56 - Jul 16 with 1586 viewsHullblue

Harness is right-footed, no? I can’t see him playing at LWB regularly. Think he’ll be one of the 10s or a winger.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Harness/celina on 08:08 - Jul 16 with 1528 viewsitfcjoe

5 subs each game this year so wouldn’t be surprised if we stack ourselves a bit with attacking options and change front 3 in game basically every game so easier to keep more people happy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harness/celina on 08:14 - Jul 16 with 1494 viewsquad

Harness/celina on 07:56 - Jul 16 by Hullblue

Harness is right-footed, no? I can’t see him playing at LWB regularly. Think he’ll be one of the 10s or a winger.

I think I agree. Also I thought Greg Leigh was signed to be a LWB, or are people relegating him to the subs bench before the season has even started?
Harness/celina on 08:30 - Jul 16 with 1302 viewsquad

Just read this on the Portsmouth forum:

"Like someone else has said, I suspect that wingbacks will be used more this season, and Harness doesn't fit that bill."

I guess that confirms that he's unlikely to be played as a LWB. Unless he can be converted.
Harness/celina on 08:36 - Jul 16 with 1216 viewsHullblue

Harness/celina on 08:14 - Jul 16 by quad

I think I agree. Also I thought Greg Leigh was signed to be a LWB, or are people relegating him to the subs bench before the season has even started?

Think it’s significant that McKenna only played KVY there when he really had to, even though Thompson and Penney weren’t having great seasons. He understandably and probably rightfully prefers a left-footer out there.

When KVY did play there away at Wimbledon, Jackson spent the whole game sprinting towards the corner flag to help us keep the width. I actually thought it worked pretty well but don’t think we saw it again so McKenna obviously disagreed.

Harness/celina on 08:37 - Jul 16 with 1206 viewsITFCBlues

You'd hope he's not, he's never played there. Why on earth would we sign a winger to play him LWB?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Harness/celina on 08:39 - Jul 16 with 1184 viewsMookamoo

I've not seen any mention of moving Burns to the left. I don't agree with cannibalising our best role from last year, but if the answer to the question, where is our Burns on the left, is actually seen to be Burns, Harness can play right wing back.

That leaves space for Celina if we are really still interested.
Harness/celina on 08:46 - Jul 16 with 1098 viewsHorsham

Imagine on the hour we swap out Burns, Chaplin, Celina and Hirst for Harness, Aluko, Edwards and Ladapo or Jackson. That’s some serious options in the front 4 positions and possible to involve them all now with 5 subs next season.

Edit - forgot John-Jules too. Maybe shades of Barry last season. Exciting though if we were to get our targets of Davis, Celina and Hirst over the line.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 8:50]
Harness/celina on 09:27 - Jul 16 with 910 viewsHullblue

Harness/celina on 08:39 - Jul 16 by Mookamoo

I've not seen any mention of moving Burns to the left. I don't agree with cannibalising our best role from last year, but if the answer to the question, where is our Burns on the left, is actually seen to be Burns, Harness can play right wing back.

That leaves space for Celina if we are really still interested.

I think it’d be almost impossible to find a LWB who’s going to contribute as much as Burns did last season. There was some debate last season that it might upset the balance if we did sign someone like that but we have such a solid core now with Ball that I think we’d be OK.

I’m pretty sure we’ll sign another LWB - but just not someone that good.

Harness/celina on 09:58 - Jul 16 with 743 viewsGarv

Harness/celina on 08:37 - Jul 16 by ITFCBlues

You'd hope he's not, he's never played there. Why on earth would we sign a winger to play him LWB?

The obsession with getting rid of Penney is an odd one.

Even if Leigh is the first choice now, Penney is as much a LWB as you're likely to get. If we replace him like for like then fine, but until then I don't see why we'd get rid.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024