Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) 21:44 - Jul 21 with 1753 viewsunbelievablue

Anyone else obsessed? Remarkable TV. RKD and I are going back and forth on theories for the remaining episodes.

I can understand why some people never got through the lawyer heavy stuff in the front-end (I loved that stuff, personally) but it is really paying off for Breaking Bad fans now.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 21:57 - Jul 21 with 1352 viewsjeera

You're not watching them as they're being released are you?

I don't know how you do it if so.

It's like having a beer. I can go without no worries, but just one is out of the question.

I will have to wait until the rest are available and watch them back to back. Over a couple of days or so I mean, not in one sitting as such.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:08 - Jul 22 with 1268 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Is he that bloke who eventually called himself Paul (according to a certain book of myths)?

(Apparently he's been dead about 2000 years so no - I don't think I've got his 'phone number). No point in trying to call hime, eh?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:17 - Jul 22 with 1251 viewsLord_Lucan

RKD always asks what I thought of the previous episode and I politely say, "Yeah it was ok"

He (like you by the sounds of it) is obsessed by it. When I cuff it off he informs me that it probably goes over my head - and this is from a Seagan

Personally I think the whole thing is a bit pretentious although I do enjoy it to an extent.

It's no "Our Friends in the North" though is it

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:32 - Jul 22 with 1214 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I have no idea what any of that means.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:56 - Jul 22 with 1189 viewsguenchev

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 21:57 - Jul 21 by jeera

It's like having a beer. I can go without no worries, but just one is out of the question.

I will have to wait until the rest are available and watch them back to back. Over a couple of days or so I mean, not in one sitting as such.

AMC shows a new episode each Monday.
Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 01:49 - Jul 22 with 1173 viewsjeera

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:56 - Jul 22 by guenchev

AMC shows a new episode each Monday.

Well yes I understand, but who wants that?

I don't want to watch something for 50 minutes, by which time I'm getting into it, and then wait another week to find out what happens next.

By which time I've pretty much forgotten where I was anyway.

No one wants that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 06:52 - Jul 22 with 1092 viewsPendejo

Because I came to Breaking Bad late, long after it had finished, I hinted that.

BCS I have been watching as they are released on Netflix. The last 3 episodes have upped the pace, mainly for reasons fans will know. But for me the best bit was Saul preparing his hair... reckon he could do a passable impression of creepy Jesus (regular sight on Chantry / Ipswich town centre in the 80s) and maybe vice versa.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 08:43 - Jul 22 with 995 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 00:17 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

RKD always asks what I thought of the previous episode and I politely say, "Yeah it was ok"

He (like you by the sounds of it) is obsessed by it. When I cuff it off he informs me that it probably goes over my head - and this is from a Seagan

Personally I think the whole thing is a bit pretentious although I do enjoy it to an extent.

It's no "Our Friends in the North" though is it

Did you like Breaking Bad?

Login to get fewer ads

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 08:45 - Jul 22 with 992 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 21:57 - Jul 21 by jeera

I'm pretty busy at the moment so a week goes by quickly enough. I quite like the oldskool release schedule.

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 09:40 - Jul 22 with 937 viewsSonOfSpock

Have been looking forward to the final series for a while, next on list to watch after Stranger Things 4.
Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 10:35 - Jul 22 with 910 viewsElephantintheRoom

I found myself watching a few episodes of Breaking Bad last which was interesting on a couple of levels.

(A) I seem to have forgotten most of it - so might actually watch it again

(B) they all look very young. The main problem with these contrived prequels is that the main characters are 10-20 years older whilst acting younger. Bit of a stretch - presumably as it was originally intended to be a shorter series until they realised the money would keep rolling in

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 10:45 - Jul 22 with 895 viewsLord_Lucan

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 08:43 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

Did you like Breaking Bad?

Yeah, loved breaking Bad

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 10:59 - Jul 22 with 880 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 10:35 - Jul 22 by ElephantintheRoom

I found myself watching a few episodes of Breaking Bad last which was interesting on a couple of levels.

(A) I seem to have forgotten most of it - so might actually watch it again

(B) they all look very young. The main problem with these contrived prequels is that the main characters are 10-20 years older whilst acting younger. Bit of a stretch - presumably as it was originally intended to be a shorter series until they realised the money would keep rolling in

Contrived, lol.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:00]

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:01 - Jul 22 with 870 viewsGlasgowBlue

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Love it. Really enjoying the backstories to Mike and Fring. But I was disappointed with this week’s episode. A lot of time wasted on Gus drinking wine and if akin has gone then I was expecting a much better farewell for her. Also disappointed that it jumped forward a few years quite quickly. I wanted to see a more gradual transformation from Jimmy to Saul. I hope they aren’t going to rush the ending.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:03 - Jul 22 with 866 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:01 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Love it. Really enjoying the backstories to Mike and Fring. But I was disappointed with this week’s episode. A lot of time wasted on Gus drinking wine and if akin has gone then I was expecting a much better farewell for her. Also disappointed that it jumped forward a few years quite quickly. I wanted to see a more gradual transformation from Jimmy to Saul. I hope they aren’t going to rush the ending.

Opinions, eh.

I thought the Gus wine scene was great. Lengthy, but great. Quite clear now (if it wasn't before) that he's gay, and quite clear that he can't have a normal life, however much he wants to.

Re: transformation...it's been a 6 series transformation, surely?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:10 - Jul 22 with 850 viewsRKD

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:01 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

You might be better suited to Mrs Brown's Boys by the sounds of it ;)

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 824 viewsGlasgowBlue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:03 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

Opinions, eh.

I thought the Gus wine scene was great. Lengthy, but great. Quite clear now (if it wasn't before) that he's gay, and quite clear that he can't have a normal life, however much he wants to.

I thought it was established he was gay when his “friend” was shot by the pool?

Yeah it has been a six season transformation so I don’t know why they suddenly skipped forward a few years. Thought that would happen right at the next. And I really think Kim deserved a better ending.

Obviously we are going to fast forward to present time which has been teased with the black and white scenes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:22 - Jul 22 with 817 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:17 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah it has been a six season transformation so I don’t know why they suddenly skipped forward a few years. Thought that would happen right at the next. And I really think Kim deserved a better ending.

Obviously we are going to fast forward to present time which has been teased with the black and white scenes.

Yeah, was obvious then, but lots of people weren't convinced. I liked that they leaned into it so much here.

Most people seem to think Kim will be in the present day/Gene timeline. That would feel contrived...but they've been so good at writing their way out of contrivances that I wouldn't be surprised.

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 823 viewsblueasfook

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:17 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Wait? What?! Gus Fring is gay?

in BB, it kind of alluded to him having family (wife and kids) but they were never actually seen.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 818 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:23 - Jul 22 by blueasfook

Wait? What?! Gus Fring is gay?

in BB, it kind of alluded to him having family (wife and kids) but they were never actually seen.

I think he even mentions having kids when he has Walt over for dinner but it was all an attempt to build trust as he knew Walt was ostensibly doing it all for his family.

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:27 - Jul 22 with 816 viewsblueasfook

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:26 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

I think he even mentions having kids when he has Walt over for dinner but it was all an attempt to build trust as he knew Walt was ostensibly doing it all for his family.

Hmmm... I guess. I had no inkling from BB though that Gus might bat for the other team.

TWTD Veteran

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:28 - Jul 22 with 811 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:27 - Jul 22 by blueasfook

Hmmm... I guess. I had no inkling from BB though that Gus might bat for the other team.

As with a lot on BCS, when you revisit it, it starts to make sense quite nicely.

His hatred for the Salamancas is a bit over the top if it was just his 'friend' that they killed.

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:31 - Jul 22 with 810 viewsblueasfook

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:28 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

As with a lot on BCS, when you revisit it, it starts to make sense quite nicely.

His hatred for the Salamancas is a bit over the top if it was just his 'friend' that they killed.

Yes, but it was nasty the way they killed his 'partner' in front of him so you can understand his hatred and need for revenge on the Salamancas.

Although Hector got him in the end. Best scene in the whole series was in Face Off.

TWTD Veteran

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 801 viewsVegtablue

Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 11:03 - Jul 22 by unbelievablue

Opinions, eh.

SPOILER CONT.

I was happy enough with the wine but the episode didn't quite hit the spot for me either. Maybe because I'm a big fan and thus things drawing to a close at that pace felt a bit jarring; quick and quiet! Kim's lower energy ending was also a bit sad but they probably want us to feel that way (maybe it is not curtains).
Better Call Saul (spoilers, probably) on 13:16 - Jul 22 with 752 viewsjaykay

for someone not watching films anymore i want to get into these sort of series . so what do i watch first better call saul then breaking bad or the other way round?
i did binge watch bosch this week and enjoyed it.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024