Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wag1 with the stadium catering? 23:36 - Jul 26 with 2771 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Haven’t been down to any of the home friendlies, but haven’t heard reports that new catering is up and running? Do we think it will be in time for Saturday and any big changes?

Would’ve thought the tired looking kiosks themselves might be getting a spruce up?
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 00:08 - Jul 27 with 2421 viewsrgp1

Slightly underwhelming I would say. 4.50 for a sausage roll which looked smaller than last year. 4.95 for a pie and a fiver for a pint.
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:25 - Jul 27 with 2177 viewswitchdoctor

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 00:08 - Jul 27 by rgp1

Slightly underwhelming I would say. 4.50 for a sausage roll which looked smaller than last year. 4.95 for a pie and a fiver for a pint.

paid £5.25 for a tin of lager and same for a bottle of cider at Wet Spam game..
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 7:27]
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:44 - Jul 27 with 2112 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:25 - Jul 27 by witchdoctor

paid £5.25 for a tin of lager and same for a bottle of cider at Wet Spam game..
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 7:27]

Yes, £5.25 for a 500ml can of Carlsberg and £5.25 for a 500ml can of IPA last night.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:48 - Jul 27 with 2095 viewsBluebell

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:44 - Jul 27 by hoppy

Yes, £5.25 for a 500ml can of Carlsberg and £5.25 for a 500ml can of IPA last night.

I assume they charge a similar amount in the Fanzone?

All the more reason to drink in a pub before the games!
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:12 - Jul 27 with 2009 viewsSitfcB

Assume they did cans for the friendlies as kegs being opened would’ve probably been a waste. Normal service from Saturday I reckon.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:40 - Jul 27 with 1923 viewsDyland

I'm prepared to be completely nonplussed by the "new catering" and still expect to have to drink flat cider as the only option (and pre order or go to the bar ten minutes before half time to have any hope). Bah humbug.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:46 - Jul 27 with 1889 viewsDubtractor

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:40 - Jul 27 by Dyland

I'm prepared to be completely nonplussed by the "new catering" and still expect to have to drink flat cider as the only option (and pre order or go to the bar ten minutes before half time to have any hope). Bah humbug.

I can't do half time beers anyway, will just mean I need a p1ss before the end of the second half.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 09:09 - Jul 27 with 1824 viewsDyland

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:46 - Jul 27 by Dubtractor

I can't do half time beers anyway, will just mean I need a p1ss before the end of the second half.

wee in a bottle

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 1749 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:48 - Jul 27 by Bluebell

Presumably you just go in your 'local' anyway, don't you?

And yes, it was the same pricing in Fanzone too.

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:19 - Jul 27 with 1697 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:12 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

Assume they did cans for the friendlies as kegs being opened would’ve probably been a waste. Normal service from Saturday I reckon.

The 'Real Ale' bar behind the Magnus stand only had cans last night - I did ask if it was going to be cask once the season started, as the sign says 'Real Ale' - and the lad there didn't know, he thought it would be, but couldn't be sure. I was glad I asked, as am now much clearer!

I might be the designated driver a bit more this season if it's just cans.

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:36 - Jul 27 with 1642 viewsWarkystache

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 07:48 - Jul 27 by Bluebell

Drinking in the pub before the game, then weaving down from the town, stopping in the Curve for a quick short and a wee, wobbling over the busy roads ready to run if a car looks like turning right at the lights, into the PR car park, past that greengrocers van that always seems to be parked there, trying to ignore the scent of broiling hot dogs and onions, a quick cigarette by Sir Alf, fumbling for the season ticket, the cries of "Blooooo Army" from inside the SBR, the sound of the teams entering the pitch.....can't wait

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 12:34 - Jul 27 with 1518 viewsTIB

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 12:36 - Jul 27 with 1504 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 12:34 - Jul 27 by TIB

Could certainly do with an Away Days pop up outside the ground, if not allowed inside... Especially if also offering a delivery service to pass through the gates!!

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 16:41 - Jul 27 with 1269 viewsTIB

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 12:36 - Jul 27 by hoppy

Could certainly do with an Away Days pop up outside the ground, if not allowed inside... Especially if also offering a delivery service to pass through the gates!!

I actually emailed Mark Ashton two months back to ask again if there was any scope but there still isn’t unfortunately. He acknowledged the product and did say that if anything changed or arose that Away Days would be considered.

So for the time being, maybe a pop-up space near ground is best bet.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 1252 viewsFreddies_Ears

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:19 - Jul 27 by hoppy

The 'Real Ale' bar behind the Magnus stand only had cans last night - I did ask if it was going to be cask once the season started, as the sign says 'Real Ale' - and the lad there didn't know, he thought it would be, but couldn't be sure. I was glad I asked, as am now much clearer!

I might be the designated driver a bit more this season if it's just cans.

Fanzone only seems to have San Miguel, the GK fake craft East Coast plus a cider. No bottles and, I assume, no cask. It'll save me a few quid for sure.
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 16:54 - Jul 27 with 1214 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 16:46 - Jul 27 by Freddies_Ears

Fanzone only seems to have San Miguel, the GK fake craft East Coast plus a cider. No bottles and, I assume, no cask. It'll save me a few quid for sure.

Presumably Beatties will still have the cask? If so, will probably just wait until after the game, as will no longer be able to access Beatties either before games or at half time.

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 17:32 - Jul 27 with 1164 viewsclive_baker

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:36 - Jul 27 by Warkystache

Drinking in the pub before the game, then weaving down from the town, stopping in the Curve for a quick short and a wee, wobbling over the busy roads ready to run if a car looks like turning right at the lights, into the PR car park, past that greengrocers van that always seems to be parked there, trying to ignore the scent of broiling hot dogs and onions, a quick cigarette by Sir Alf, fumbling for the season ticket, the cries of "Blooooo Army" from inside the SBR, the sound of the teams entering the pitch.....can't wait

I've got a hard on reading that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 1108 viewsFreddies_Ears

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 16:54 - Jul 27 by hoppy

Presumably Beatties will still have the cask? If so, will probably just wait until after the game, as will no longer be able to access Beatties either before games or at half time.

I understand there will be cask... phew!!!!!!
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:36 - Jul 27 with 1062 viewshoppy

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:25 - Jul 27 by Freddies_Ears

I understand there will be cask... phew!!!!!!

Good news. Thank you!

Would be good to have the same confirmation for the Fanzone as well - even if it is just the London Glory that they had last season?

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:41 - Jul 27 with 1033 viewsrgp1

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 08:40 - Jul 27 by Dyland

It's a difficult one for the club really, trying to make it profitable whilst providing a service. As Mike oleary said at one of the forums that many of the food outlets were not fit for purpose and it will take a while to sort. I think we are going to have to see how this one pans out.
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:45 - Jul 27 with 1006 viewsgtsb1966

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 10:36 - Jul 27 by Warkystache

Cock & Pye for me. I have enough before and after the game so don't bother at half time
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 19:10 - Jul 27 with 970 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can I just say that I shall be texting Wag 1 to my daughter at the first opportunity.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 19:11 - Jul 27 with 967 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 09:09 - Jul 27 by Dyland

wee in a bottle

...or put out the pyro.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 19:27 - Jul 27 with 935 viewsFreddies_Ears

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 18:36 - Jul 27 by hoppy

Good news. Thank you!

Would be good to have the same confirmation for the Fanzone as well - even if it is just the London Glory that they had last season?

I understand that is the case. I'll pop a msg on here at around 11am on Saturday to cfm!!!!!
Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 888 viewsjeera

Wag1 with the stadium catering? on 09:09 - Jul 27 by Dyland

wee in a bottle

The follow-up hit Sting never got around to.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024