Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train fares :( 09:41 - Jul 28 with 1307 viewsMancBlue86

I’ve become free on Saturday now and thought ooh I will go to the game. £137 Manchester to Ipswich. It’s extortion, iFollow it is.

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Train fares :( on 09:50 - Jul 28 with 1250 viewsEly_Blue

https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/

Try that, also if you have any kind of railcard opportunity have a look at that option.

I’ve managed to get a £102.50 Poole-Ipswich return down to just over £60

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Train fares :( on 09:59 - Jul 28 with 1212 viewstractordownsouth

Yep, even with railcards and TrainSplit it’s extortionate. In September I could get from Cardiff to Ipswich for £29 return, by March it was £73. It’s probably even more now.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Train fares :( on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1190 viewsITFCson

Think trains this way are not running anyway so probably for the best.
Train fares :( on 11:00 - Jul 28 with 1088 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Train fares :( on 10:05 - Jul 28 by ITFCson

Think trains this way are not running anyway so probably for the best.

Some are, best to check the latest timetable.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Train fares :( on 11:09 - Jul 28 with 1072 viewsclive_baker

I'm not attempting to start a discussion on the legalities of iFollow, I don't care what people do and won't go high and mighty on anyone, but this has made me think its actually cheaper to get out of the UK on a plane from Manchester to watch the game on iFollow than it is just to get to Ipswich on the train.

You could fly over to Cork for the day, have 8 pints and some lunch, pay for iFollow and still have change from £137 by the time you get home.

Nuts.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Train fares :( on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 1028 viewssuffolkpoker

Train fares :( on 11:09 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

I'm not attempting to start a discussion on the legalities of iFollow, I don't care what people do and won't go high and mighty on anyone, but this has made me think its actually cheaper to get out of the UK on a plane from Manchester to watch the game on iFollow than it is just to get to Ipswich on the train.

You could fly over to Cork for the day, have 8 pints and some lunch, pay for iFollow and still have change from £137 by the time you get home.

Nuts.

That sounds a fun day tbh

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Train fares :( on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 1006 viewsSaleAway

No good for this weekend, but I am hoping to go down to a few games this year from Sale, so if you fancy sharing fuel costs, might be worth a conversation.

YOu could also ask on the North of england supporters page if anyone is driving from Manchester

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Train fares :( on 12:15 - Jul 28 with 918 viewsmutters

I tried to get a train to Edinburgh from a local station near Bristol for a friend's wedding. Leaving early Friday afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon. The total quoted cost.... around £280 (cant remember the exact figure).

Easy jet flight £72.

No brainer sadly.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Train fares :( on 15:27 - Jul 28 with 719 viewsEly_Blue

Train fares :( on 12:15 - Jul 28 by mutters

I tried to get a train to Edinburgh from a local station near Bristol for a friend's wedding. Leaving early Friday afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon. The total quoted cost.... around £280 (cant remember the exact figure).

Easy jet flight £72.

No brainer sadly.

Ah yes the rip off merchants that are LNER

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024