Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 shots on target 13:25 - Jul 31 with 2675 viewsBobsthename

1 goal,17 shots in total for us yesterday i’m sorry i still don’t see where our 20+ goal scorer is,It cost us last season will it be the case again this season a Striker with an eye for the goal is a must before the end of August.
5 shots on target on 13:42 - Jul 31 with 2312 viewsDyland

Not really, what cost us last season was how inconsistent we were for so long. Our start and lack of cohesion ruined us, not the lack of goals per se. If Morsy e.g. had been here for preseason it may have been a different story. I do feel a little for Cook but it's hard to be too sympathetic after the 'demolition' nonsense.

Saying that I agree we could do with another out and out goal scorer for sure.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

5 shots on target on 13:45 - Jul 31 with 2288 viewsMetal_Hacker

We’ve played one game , that’s 90 minutes of football

Come back in another 8-10 games and then judge maybe

Just a passing thought

Poll: If it were one or the other

5 shots on target on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 2277 viewsBobsthename

5 shots on target on 13:42 - Jul 31 by Dyland

Not really, what cost us last season was how inconsistent we were for so long. Our start and lack of cohesion ruined us, not the lack of goals per se. If Morsy e.g. had been here for preseason it may have been a different story. I do feel a little for Cook but it's hard to be too sympathetic after the 'demolition' nonsense.

Saying that I agree we could do with another out and out goal scorer for sure.

Watching the Sunderland game and just watched a great goal by the coventry midfielder it’s just what we are missing a man to run at defenders and shoot on sight brilliant goal but my fingers are crossed we get a man in who can score.
5 shots on target on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 2262 viewsDyland

5 shots on target on 13:47 - Jul 31 by Bobsthename

Watching the Sunderland game and just watched a great goal by the coventry midfielder it’s just what we are missing a man to run at defenders and shoot on sight brilliant goal but my fingers are crossed we get a man in who can score.

CELINA!

And Hirst!

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

5 shots on target on 13:52 - Jul 31 with 2236 viewsVeggie

Harness did this for Portsmouth. He also linked up very well with a certain George Hirst.
5 shots on target on 13:52 - Jul 31 with 2233 viewsBobsthename

5 shots on target on 13:49 - Jul 31 by Dyland

CELINA!

And Hirst!

:)

That would get me to shut my mouth.
5 shots on target on 15:25 - Jul 31 with 2065 viewsFixed_It

I am willing to bet that that the Coventry midfielder doesn't score 20+ goals this season though. This 20+ goalscorer thing is a bit of a myth - and anyone guaranteed to score plus goals is not going to be available to a League One team.
We have players capable of scoring goals throughout our team - and that's more important than relying on one main man.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

5 shots on target on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 2031 viewsringwoodblue

Don’t think either Hirst or Celina will be signing. Instead we will sign another striker out of the blue. It’s the Ashton way

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Login to get fewer ads

5 shots on target on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 1971 viewsBobsthename

5 shots on target on 15:25 - Jul 31 by Fixed_It

I am willing to bet that that the Coventry midfielder doesn't score 20+ goals this season though. This 20+ goalscorer thing is a bit of a myth - and anyone guaranteed to score plus goals is not going to be available to a League One team.
We have players capable of scoring goals throughout our team - and that's more important than relying on one main man.

Jeez i am too but i never said he would,you need to read the post for what it is and don’t twist it there were a few strikers in league one that scored 20+ goals last season
5 shots on target on 15:50 - Jul 31 with 1959 viewsAlanG296

5 shots on target on 15:25 - Jul 31 by Fixed_It

They may be capable but fact is they don't do it often enough.
5 shots on target on 16:28 - Jul 31 with 1854 viewsChrisd

5 shots on target on 13:45 - Jul 31 by Metal_Hacker

Just a passing thought

This is a far too sensible post, far better to hugely overreact after the ‘first’ game of the season and press the panic button. I love how some are even writing Davis off after 60mins of football with team mates he hasn’t really trained with and a new system of play. Laughable really.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

5 shots on target on 16:31 - Jul 31 with 1839 viewsAlanG296

5 shots on target on 16:28 - Jul 31 by Chrisd

This is a far too sensible post, far better to hugely overreact after the ‘first’ game of the season and press the panic button. I love how some are even writing Davis off after 60mins of football with team mates he hasn’t really trained with and a new system of play. Laughable really.

It's one game this season but continuing from last season. 2 wins in 10. (Not referring to Davis)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 16:32]
5 shots on target on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 1799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Difficult to judge on one game, but I thought those stats showed we were far better than Bolton and a failure to take our chances cost us 2 points. I agree that we need a goal scorer.

That said, it is a point more than we achieved against the same side last season. A goal from a corner is also progress from last season.

A poor debut from Davis who looked off the pace. I am sure we will see much better from him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

5 shots on target on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 1749 viewsChrisd

5 shots on target on 16:31 - Jul 31 by AlanG296

It's one game this season but continuing from last season. 2 wins in 10. (Not referring to Davis)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 16:32]

Last season’s results/run in means absolutely nothing and that run you highlight won’t have any influence on this campaign. Do you think Leigh, Lapado, Davis, Harness and others were thinking that’s now 2 wins in the last 10 games? Get real!! It’s silly season already.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 16:58]

5 shots on target on 16:54 - Jul 31 with 1734 viewsMetal_Hacker

5 shots on target on 16:52 - Jul 31 by Chrisd

Last season’s results/run in means absolutely nothing and that run you highlight won’t have any influence on this campaign. Do you think Leigh, Lapado, Davis, Harness and others were thinking that’s now 2 wins in the last 10 games? Get real!! It’s silly season already.

Beggars belief sometimes stuff on here I swear

One game in and we’re doomed and inadequate up front

Seriously some people amuse me so much they make me p1ss myself

Poll: If it were one or the other

5 shots on target on 17:00 - Jul 31 with 1704 viewsAlanG296

5 shots on target on 16:52 - Jul 31 by Chrisd

Not referring to the players as individuals, but to the manager's effectiveness in managing a team. 2 wins in 10.
5 shots on target on 17:07 - Jul 31 with 1679 viewsNthsuffolkblue

5 shots on target on 17:00 - Jul 31 by AlanG296

Not referring to the players as individuals, but to the manager's effectiveness in managing a team. 2 wins in 10.

Any reason why 10 matches is more representative than his whole managerial career with us?

We are unbeaten at home and have 1 more point than we did against the same side last season.

However, I think we should be disappointed not to have won that yesterday. We created the chances to but failed to take enough of them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

5 shots on target on 17:08 - Jul 31 with 1672 viewsJ2BLUE

We're targeting a striker...everyone knows this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

5 shots on target on 17:11 - Jul 31 with 1649 viewsChrisd

5 shots on target on 17:00 - Jul 31 by AlanG296

Why would KM even refer to that stat if he was addressing the squad? It is so negative. Personally, I’d be saying we’re unbeaten in the new campaign.

5 shots on target on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 1536 viewsFixed_It

5 shots on target on 15:48 - Jul 31 by Bobsthename

Jeez i am too but i never said he would,you need to read the post for what it is and don’t twist it there were a few strikers in league one that scored 20+ goals last season

Most of whom won't score 20 goals this season and aren't technically good enough for what we need. Hirst would be good - but he isn't a 20+ goal a season striker (yet).

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

5 shots on target on 18:04 - Jul 31 with 1500 viewsVeggie

5 shots on target on 17:53 - Jul 31 by Fixed_It

Most of whom won't score 20 goals this season and aren't technically good enough for what we need. Hirst would be good - but he isn't a 20+ goal a season striker (yet).

Pigott was apparently. Clearly didn’t fit our style.
5 shots on target on 03:46 - Aug 1 with 1306 viewsBigCommon

5 shots on target on 13:45 - Jul 31 by Metal_Hacker

Just a passing thought

Couldn't agree more.. And that one game, against a really hard working defence..
Glad to see we've done a bit of work on set pieces. Or we could have lost that match. That's a massive positive for me.
If we are around the 20pts mark after 10 games, then we're flying..
5 shots on target on 08:02 - Aug 1 with 1070 viewstractorboy1978

You need the chances to fall to the right people more than anything else. If that one at the end fell to Chaplin/Ladapo it's very likely a goal. Not every chance is going to fall to your 'goalscorer'. Morsy is a superb player but he's not very good at being clinical in those positions. Something he needs to improve on if he's playing that role.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 8:02]
5 shots on target on 08:05 - Aug 1 with 1045 viewsFrimleyBlue

5 shots on target on 08:02 - Aug 1 by tractorboy1978

You need the chances to fall to the right people more than anything else. If that one at the end fell to Chaplin/Ladapo it's very likely a goal. Not every chance is going to fall to your 'goalscorer'. Morsy is a superb player but he's not very good at being clinical in those positions. Something he needs to improve on if he's playing that role.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 8:02]

Burns specifically picked out Morsy to pass to. As said on Saturday eve. The problem is we are expecting a midfielder to suddenly become prolific in front of goal after scoring only 24 goals in 13 years.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

5 shots on target on 08:52 - Aug 1 with 922 viewsFrimleyBlue

5 shots on target on 17:11 - Jul 31 by Chrisd

Why would KM even refer to that stat if he was addressing the squad? It is so negative. Personally, I’d be saying we’re unbeaten in the new campaign.

Be interesting how long this goes in for.

PCs last season didn't go away at the start of the new one. Neither should KMs imo.

So those saying 2 wins In 10 are fair to do so no?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024