Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22596 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 5066 viewsJ2BLUE

Bloody hell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 5069 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m sure Darth will be along to explain why this is out of context, and that the Guardian is a right-wing rag.

The problem with Jezza (as always) is that he’s not very bright, bless him.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:20 - Aug 2 with 5047 viewsunbelievablue

Where did he say "let Russia win their war"?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:20 - Aug 2 with 5043 viewsWD19

It's all a smear, obvs.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:21 - Aug 2 with 5040 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:20 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Where did he say "let Russia win their war"?

I'm being a bit of tinker, but stopping arming the Ukrainians is roughly the same thing I would say.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:23 - Aug 2 with 5013 viewsBlueBadger

Just British Irony which you have clearly failed to understand.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 4995 viewsJakeITFC

Not wanting a war isn’t the same as choosing a side to win it.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 4976 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:24 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

It is if that is the consequence of what you are suggesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 4966 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:24 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

in theory, but in practice, that's what he's advocating in this war.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:26 - Aug 2 with 4958 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:23 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Just British Irony which you have clearly failed to understand.

“ citing Labour’s strong performance in the 2017 general election”

If I’d lost a popularity contest to Teresa May I’d have quietly disappeared into the shadows.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:26 - Aug 2 with 4949 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:21 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

I'm being a bit of tinker, but stopping arming the Ukrainians is roughly the same thing I would say.

I think it's disingenuous to suggest he wants to 'abandon' Ukraine and 'let Russia win' when in reality he's said that pouring in arms isn't necessarily the best way forward and that we should instead look at diplomacy. He might be wrong, but he didn't say what you said he did.

And I'm no JC apologist.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 with 4921 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:26 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

I think it's disingenuous to suggest he wants to 'abandon' Ukraine and 'let Russia win' when in reality he's said that pouring in arms isn't necessarily the best way forward and that we should instead look at diplomacy. He might be wrong, but he didn't say what you said he did.

And I'm no JC apologist.

“ we should instead look at diplomacy”

You don’t think that’s been tried? Look how that went with Hitler - Vlad is no different, the Weat appeased him over Crimea which gave him the confidence to make a move on the Ukraine.

Naive world view.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:35]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 with 4905 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:21 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

You're trolling. He doesn't say anything about abandoning Ukraine OR letting Russia win their war. He says continuously pouring weapons in isn't the answer, we should be looking for a peaceful resolution.

He may be a bit deluded in that, but it's very different from what you're claiming in your OP - knowing that most of the Corbyn-haters on here won't even bother reading the article. Shame on you.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 4913 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:26 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

And I'm no JC apologist.

Fir enough and i do understand my framing is very partisan, but how could diplomacy realistically be a route forward now if you're a Ukrainian? And why would the Russians stop fighting because Ukraine ran out of weapons?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:31 - Aug 2 with 4892 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're trolling. He doesn't say anything about abandoning Ukraine OR letting Russia win their war. He says continuously pouring weapons in isn't the answer, we should be looking for a peaceful resolution.

He may be a bit deluded in that, but it's very different from what you're claiming in your OP - knowing that most of the Corbyn-haters on here won't even bother reading the article. Shame on you.

“ He may be a bit deluded in that”
Nail on head.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:33 - Aug 2 with 4838 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't be daft - no shame on me, or not unless you can tell me how diplomacy could stop Russia from fighting while also returning all annexed Ukrainian land and opening itself to war crime investigations.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 4768 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ we should instead look at diplomacy”

You don’t think that’s been tried? Look how that went with Hitler - Vlad is no different, the Weat appeased him over Crimea which gave him the confidence to make a move on the Ukraine.

Naive world view.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:35]

Sigh. This isn't my view. I am not suggesting that's the best way forward, I am merely stating that the OP was harsh on JC, considering what he actually said.

As I said, JC might not be right, but he didn't say what people have accused him of here.

EDIT - Naïve is probably the harshest anyone can justifiably be on JC based on what he said, IMO.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:41]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:40 - Aug 2 with 4742 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:30 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Fir enough and i do understand my framing is very partisan, but how could diplomacy realistically be a route forward now if you're a Ukrainian? And why would the Russians stop fighting because Ukraine ran out of weapons?

I think this has been blown out of proportion.

JC is probably being naïve at worst, but he's pretty much verbatim said "maybe spend more time looking at diplomatic attempts to end the conflict rather than fuelling it by sending Ukraine more weapons?". I don't know if that's the right approach, obviously.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:41 - Aug 2 with 4712 viewsJakeITFC

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:25 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

in theory, but in practice, that's what he's advocating in this war.

“Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

I don't think anything there is untrue - what is the end game here as it stands?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:42 - Aug 2 with 4690 viewsDanTheMan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:38 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Sigh. This isn't my view. I am not suggesting that's the best way forward, I am merely stating that the OP was harsh on JC, considering what he actually said.

As I said, JC might not be right, but he didn't say what people have accused him of here.

EDIT - Naïve is probably the harshest anyone can justifiably be on JC based on what he said, IMO.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:41]

I agree here.

At the end of the day he's a pacifist arguing a pacifist perspective. It's not any great surprise but I don't agree with him.

There is an obvious aggressor here and I imagine the only peace they'd end up with is one where parts of Ukraine are annexed so I don't think his solution would truly work.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:43 - Aug 2 with 4659 viewsDanTheMan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:41 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

“Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

I don't think anything there is untrue - what is the end game here as it stands?

I imagine it's either to limit or completely remove Russia from parts of Ukraine that they occupy. As much as I hate war, there aren't really too many options when you are on the defensive.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:44 - Aug 2 with 4640 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:41 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

Presumably the powers would argue that bleeding Russia dry by giving Ukraine just enough military support to thwart Russia's biggest land objectives whilst simultaneously attempting to prevent any pan-European escalation is the tactic.

Again, not sure I agree with that approach. I'm far closer to JC on this, upon reflection.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:46 - Aug 2 with 4616 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:42 - Aug 2 by DanTheMan

I agree here.

At the end of the day he's a pacifist arguing a pacifist perspective. It's not any great surprise but I don't agree with him.

There is an obvious aggressor here and I imagine the only peace they'd end up with is one where parts of Ukraine are annexed so I don't think his solution would truly work.

Presumably then you'd agree that the powers aren't giving ENOUGH military support as it stands?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:46 - Aug 2 with 4613 viewsblueasfook

Poor Jezza, he's being victimised again clearly.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:49 - Aug 2 with 4587 viewsHighgateBlue

His gifts are not wanted by his own party.

And foreign policy has never been one of his gifts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024