Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22602 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 820 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:57 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43523445

He didn't realise it was anti-Semitic. Neither did I.
Is that evidence that he (and indeed I) are anti-Semitic?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:31 - Aug 3 with 815 viewsEwan_Oozami

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:08 - Aug 3 by JakeITFC

But there is a point to be made that just supplying arms does lead to a prolonged conflict, right? And that other avenues, even if they seem to be unlikely, are preferable to extending a war?

I think the original point that this has been described of a process of how is a war going to be won as opposed to how is peace going to be found is basically the underlying crux of the matter - of course removing arms from the Ukrainian forces now would be a disaster but I really don’t think that is the point here (and it is a more general point I am making than the specifics of this conflict).

In this case, if the war isn't extended, Ukraine will be occupied, and any other avenues become irrelevant.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:02 - Aug 3 with 755 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:27 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

How about writing a letter of support for a Stephen Sizer? A vicar who was banned from social media after posting the anti semitic trope that wealthy Jews and the state of Israel was responsible for the 9/11 attack on the twin towers.

Corbyn said that Sizer was 'under attack' by a pro-Israeli smear campaign.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:19 - Aug 3 with 730 viewsnodge_blue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:27 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

He didnt realise it was anti Semitic...hmmm...convenient. ..bankers with big noses and long beards sitting around a table...playing banking game....implying built on the backs of the under privileged.

Maybe thats a get out for any abuse.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 724 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:19 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

He didnt realise it was anti Semitic...hmmm...convenient. ..bankers with big noses and long beards sitting around a table...playing banking game....implying built on the backs of the under privileged.

Or more evidence that he’s thick as mince.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:23]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:23 - Aug 3 with 715 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:19 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

They were caricatures. Pretty much all caricatures have big noses.

Until people pointed it out I didn't see anything wrong with it.
Do you think I'm anti Semitic?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:26 - Aug 3 with 706 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:02 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

How about writing a letter of support for a Stephen Sizer? A vicar who was banned from social media after posting the anti semitic trope that wealthy Jews and the state of Israel was responsible for the 9/11 attack on the twin towers.

Corbyn said that Sizer was 'under attack' by a pro-Israeli smear campaign.

Give it a rest Glassers. I guarantee if I look into that there will be something you've elected to leave out/more to the story. It happens every time, and I'm not wasting any more of mine on your nonsense.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:32 - Aug 3 with 697 viewsnodge_blue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:23 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Pretty much all caricatures have big noses when they are caricaturing a person with a big nose or in this case caricaturing a race who have been long portrayed as big nose money men. You have to ask yourself on the balance of probability whether Corbyn was aware of this caricature. Corbyn in the hard left, which even historically had some anti Jewish sentiment as they were deemed the capitalist owners etc etc, would have been more attuned to the explicit inference. Corbyn who is well versed in the Palestine issue.

I don't for one second think that he isn't aware of Jews being portrayed as big nose money men. His subsequent comments clearly say that he does. So why wasn't he aware of it at the time....he didnt look carefully enough. Really?

No. You probably didnt see the intention.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:45]

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 692 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:23 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

No of course not - just not very worldly (see the 'wog box' incident). I'd expect more from a senior politician though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:33]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:37 - Aug 3 with 672 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:26 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Give it a rest Glassers. I guarantee if I look into that there will be something you've elected to leave out/more to the story. It happens every time, and I'm not wasting any more of mine on your nonsense.

Another swerve.

https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/jeremy-corbyn-criticised-cofe-afte

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:38 - Aug 3 with 676 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:32 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Pretty much all caricatures have big noses when they are caricaturing a person with a big nose or in this case caricaturing a race who have been long portrayed as big nose money men. You have to ask yourself on the balance of probability whether Corbyn was aware of this caricature. Corbyn in the hard left, which even historically had some anti Jewish sentiment as they were deemed the capitalist owners etc etc, would have been more attuned to the explicit inference. Corbyn who is well versed in the Palestine issue.

I don't for one second think that he isn't aware of Jews being portrayed as big nose money men. His subsequent comments clearly say that he does. So why wasn't he aware of it at the time....he didnt look carefully enough. Really?

No. You probably didnt see the intention.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:45]

Hard left?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:42 - Aug 3 with 657 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps there were some Roman noses in there too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_banking
(contains a section on Judaism too)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:53 - Aug 3 with 626 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:42 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps there were some Roman noses in there too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_banking
(contains a section on Judaism too)

Further to this I have seen it claimed on here that the artist admitted the work was antisemitic. From what I can tell on this link that is not the case...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_for_Humanity

"I came to paint a mural that depicted the elite banker cartel known as the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Morgans, the ruling class elite few, the Wizards of Oz. They would be playing a board game of monopoly on the backs of the working class. The symbol of the Free Mason [sic] Pyramid rises behind this group and behind that is a polluted world of coal burning and nuclear reactors. I was creating this piece to inspire critical thought and spark conversation. A group of conservatives do not like my mural and are playing a race card with me. My mural is about class and privilege. The banker group is made up of Jewish and white Anglos. For some reason they are saying I am anti-Semitic. This I am most definitely not... What I am against is class."[

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 616 viewsnodge_blue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:53 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Further to this I have seen it claimed on here that the artist admitted the work was antisemitic. From what I can tell on this link that is not the case...

"I came to paint a mural that depicted the elite banker cartel known as the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Morgans, the ruling class elite few, the Wizards of Oz. They would be playing a board game of monopoly on the backs of the working class. The symbol of the Free Mason [sic] Pyramid rises behind this group and behind that is a polluted world of coal burning and nuclear reactors. I was creating this piece to inspire critical thought and spark conversation. A group of conservatives do not like my mural and are playing a race card with me. My mural is about class and privilege. The banker group is made up of Jewish and white Anglos. For some reason they are saying I am anti-Semitic. This I am most definitely not... What I am against is class."[

Yes well we're into the debate of can people be a little bit racist and not really mean it.

Who gets the right to still portray Jews as big nose bankers?

(Even Corbyn said there is disturbing imagery in there!!)
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:59]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:02 - Aug 3 with 580 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:53 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

The mural featured six men: some Jewish and some not. How did the artist differentiate between them? He gave the Jews big noses and other exaggerated facial features. This is playground antisemitism masquerading as profound insight.

Remarkably, the artist claimed to be surprised Jews took offence, complaining that “some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are”.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/opinion/not-sure-why-that-mural-is-antisemitic-let

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eye

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:04 - Aug 3 with 579 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:55 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Yes well we're into the debate of can people be a little bit racist and not really mean it.

In a politically sanitised and correct world which ignores the historical context on the evolution of banking and money lending as provided in the previous link how should cartoons/murals represent bankers without being open to accusations of racism?

When I look at the mural I see a critique of money and the enablers of wealth earned off the toil and resources of others not a comment on Judaism. Just the same as when this issue originally kicked off.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:07 - Aug 3 with 556 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Further to your edit....the mural portrays bankers not Jews.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:10 - Aug 3 with 539 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:07 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine by GlasgowBlue 3 Aug 2022 19:02
The mural featured six men: some Jewish and some not. How did the artist differentiate between them? He gave the Jews big noses and other exaggerated facial features. This is playground antisemitism masquerading as profound insight.

Remarkably, the artist claimed to be surprised Jews took offence, complaining that “some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are”.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/opinion/not-sure-why-that-mural-is-antisemitic-let-me-explain-1.461503

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eyes-jeremy-corbyn-labour

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 548 viewsjeera

There's other threads where posters are happily being openly racist.

I would like to see more pushback on those in our midst where an actual difference can be made more tangibly rather than the same old arguments recycled about a has-been politician who has failed in many ways and already paid the price.

That horse is dead so the after flogging now feels for nothing other than showboating.

I feel anyone using the Jews for this purpose doesn't give a sod about antisemitism but are equally abusing them for their own means.

Speaking as someone with Jewish blood myself before anyone tries to make any inappropriate judgements.

Edited for poor grammar.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 19:14]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 547 viewsnodge_blue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:07 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well ironically you are now defending a mural that even Corbyn (eventually) condemned and said there was disturbing imagery in it and apologised for defending it.

Strange stance to take Bankster.

[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 19:13]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:14 - Aug 3 with 525 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:11 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Well ironically you are now defending a mural that even Corbyn (eventually) condemned and said there was disturbing imagery in it and apologised for defending it.

I'm sure Banksy will defend this cartoon as merely portraying a tennis player.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:16 - Aug 3 with 522 viewsnodge_blue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:11 - Aug 3 by jeera

There's other threads where posters are happily being openly racist.

I would like to see more pushback on those in our midst where an actual difference can be made more tangibly rather than the same old arguments recycled about a has-been politician who has failed in many ways and already paid the price.

That horse is dead so the after flogging now feels for nothing other than showboating.

I feel anyone using the Jews for this purpose doesn't give a sod about antisemitism but are equally abusing them for their own means.

Speaking as someone with Jewish blood myself before anyone tries to make any inappropriate judgements.

Edited for poor grammar.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 19:14]

Thats fair enough. I only origuinally posted a link to Flashing Msile who said that there was no evidence ever of Corbyn being anti Semitic.

I was making a point that there was really.

Subsequently denied of course.

But I don't really want a political fight about him. I stayed out of it for about 12 pages as it feels too draining to have these "debates".
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 19:19]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:23 - Aug 3 with 505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:33 - Aug 3 by giant_stow

No of course not - just not very worldly (see the 'wog box' incident). I'd expect more from a senior politician though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 18:33]

You don't know me. I'm almost 50 and you have no idea what I've been through. The 'wog box' incident was something I realised immediately after saying it. I don't think you need to be 'wordly' to never make a 'saying the wrong thing' mistake.

Re the mural - I seem to remember at the time there were several people on here who couldn't see anything wrong with it initially. It wasn't just me.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:28 - Aug 3 with 487 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:02 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.thejc.com/comment/opinion/not-sure-why-that-mural-is-antisemitic-let

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eye

This Rothschild?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:32 - Aug 3 with 471 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:11 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Well no because Corbyn's opinion has nothing to do with mine...strange as that might be for some on here to understand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024