Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22614 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:38 - Aug 3 with 1133 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 05:12 - Aug 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No Lucan, Glasgow has it right, don’t make the mistake of trying to overthink or complicate Corbyn. It’s crazy to read some of the sentiments on here.

Corbyn the great pacifist! Except of course when it comes to the Anti Western terrorist groups that he loves to flirt with. Anywhere the west supports, JC won’t be far behind with a statement like this. Even when it comes to a country that has this amount of global condemnation.

The only reason these constantly turn into 7 pages is there are some regulars that indirectly and subtly back him every thread. Dolly and DK for example. The nonsense he spouts is completely irrelevant, apart from on TWTD apparently.

He really isn’t worth this much air time people! Lucky I don’t have time to spend hours a day reading it.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 5:19]

Wow! You love yourself a narrative, don't you?

Unfortunately, the West has screwed over many people around the world. So if you support disadvantaged people then you're going to come into contact with terrorists/freedom fighters/anti-Western feeling.

As well as come into conflict with those who are shaping and polishing the narrative around the West acting with impunity.

Maybe try dropping the narratives and seeing how the world really is?

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:40 - Aug 3 with 1156 viewsleitrimblue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 21:07 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

He's shared a platform with an IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman.

He's shared a platform with terrorists, holocaust deniers, blood libelers and antisemites.

He's called a man "brother" after he was released from prison after serving a jail sentence for killing a 15-year-old Israeli schoolgirl.

He has called Hamas and Hezbollah his 'friends'.

But he walked out of a cross party meeting arranged to solve the Brexit deadlock because Chuka Umunna was invited.

That's Jeremy Corbyn.

Go on, I have to ask, who was the IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 1130 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:40 - Aug 3 by leitrimblue

Go on, I have to ask, who was the IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman?

Angelo Fusco.

Edit. I was mistaken in that it was the murder of a member of the SAS and not a policeman.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/labour-knew-about-corbyn-and-the-ira-now-the
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 9:00]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:49 - Aug 3 with 1041 viewsitfcjoe

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:03 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

But it has caused the usual kind of response with regards to Corbyn in the framing (because what he’s actually said on this issue isn’t particularly controversial really).

Fair enough on the second point, but like I said I don’t agree with the idea in principle of war and so whilst you’re right to say that a policy to just stop supporting Ukraine today could be disastrous, the argument is that you’d be in a different spot without it potentially. After all, Russia have invaded the country despite our membership of NATO, nuclear deterrent, pro-armed forces government etc.

It's also said to an Iranian broadcaster who have done nothing but support and peddle the Putin line since the war broke out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 3 with 1041 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:38 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

Wow! You love yourself a narrative, don't you?

Unfortunately, the West has screwed over many people around the world. So if you support disadvantaged people then you're going to come into contact with terrorists/freedom fighters/anti-Western feeling.

As well as come into conflict with those who are shaping and polishing the narrative around the West acting with impunity.

Maybe try dropping the narratives and seeing how the world really is?

“seeing how the world really is?”

🤣🤣

Corbyn has no idea about the real world outside his Islington bubble. His naivety never fails to amaze. Probably because he’s another career politician from a privileged family, who’s never had a real job in his life.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:18 - Aug 3 with 1005 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“seeing how the world really is?”

🤣🤣

Corbyn has no idea about the real world outside his Islington bubble. His naivety never fails to amaze. Probably because he’s another career politician from a privileged family, who’s never had a real job in his life.

Yes, seeing the world as it really is.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:41 - Aug 3 with 967 viewsblueasfook

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:29 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

It's an opinion certainly:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220216231610/ https://www.stopwar.org.uk/article/if-we-have-to-pick-a-side-over-crimea-let-it-

And better than this one:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/23/tony-blair-ukraine-putin-_n_5196236.

Meanwhile, on a related note, here's Blair saying the west should abandon Ukraine:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-negotiations-tony-blair-p

Very poor attempt at deflection. 0/10

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:43 - Aug 3 with 954 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 21:07 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

He's shared a platform with an IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman.

He's shared a platform with terrorists, holocaust deniers, blood libelers and antisemites.

He's called a man "brother" after he was released from prison after serving a jail sentence for killing a 15-year-old Israeli schoolgirl.

He has called Hamas and Hezbollah his 'friends'.

But he walked out of a cross party meeting arranged to solve the Brexit deadlock because Chuka Umunna was invited.

That's Jeremy Corbyn.

Who was the holocaust denier?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:45 - Aug 3 with 925 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:41 - Aug 3 by blueasfook

Very poor attempt at deflection. 0/10

It's not deflection. I'm showing why the attack lines are specious and hypocritical.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:46 - Aug 3 with 935 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:49 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

It's also said to an Iranian broadcaster who have done nothing but support and peddle the Putin line since the war broke out

On reflection this isn't a good look.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:01 - Aug 3 with 891 viewsgordon

It's also worth saying that before Putin invaded, the case was clearly being made that Ukraine needed proper weapons to deter Putin (that tweet is from dec 2021) - that that was the only way to stop war, and they were proved right - at the same time, the stop the war coalition / Corbyn etc were arguing against military expenditure/military support/NATO involvement - arguing for a policy which didn't create a deterrence.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:07 - Aug 3 with 873 viewsJakeITFC

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:01 - Aug 3 by gordon

It's also worth saying that before Putin invaded, the case was clearly being made that Ukraine needed proper weapons to deter Putin (that tweet is from dec 2021) - that that was the only way to stop war, and they were proved right - at the same time, the stop the war coalition / Corbyn etc were arguing against military expenditure/military support/NATO involvement - arguing for a policy which didn't create a deterrence.

Well that’s the point isn’t it - why is the default option to chuck the war machine behind it?

I repeat my earlier point that everyone being armed to the back teeth (+ nuclear) hasn’t stopped this war.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 3 with 868 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:43 - Aug 3 by unbelievablue

Who was the holocaust denier?

Paul Eisen.

In January 2008 Eisen wrote the article "My Life As A Holocaust Denier". In it he wrote: “I question that there ever existed homicidal gas-chambers. I question the figure of six million Jewish victims of the Nazi assault and I believe that the actual figure was significantly less.”

Corbyn was holding meetings with his organisation and sharing platforms with him up to 2013.

edit. Worth adding that when challenged on this Corbyn lied and said “I have no contact whatsoever now with Paul Eisen and Deir Yassin Remembered. I did attend a number of events concerning DYR some years ago, I think two or three of them. The only donation would have been in a collection bucket going round the room, that’s all.

“Fifteen years ago he certainly was not a Holocaust denier, had he been a Holocaust denier or stated he was, I would have had nothing to do with him. Obviously Holocaust denial is vile and wrong.”

However a post on the DYR website shows Mr Corbyn attending the April 2013 event.

Eissen outed himself as a Holocaust denier in 2008 yet Corbyn continued his attendance at Eisen's events up until 2013.

When giving evidence to the select committee on Antisemitism in 2016, Corbyn admitted attending public DYR events but claimed to have stopped when he learned of its leader’s views.

He made no mention of a private meeting in Parliament just two years before. Mr Eisen has been open about his Holocaust denial since at least 2008.

When challenged about Eisen's claim that he donated to DYR, a group considered so anti semitic by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign who proposed a motion to drop expel them, Corbyn replied that he may have made a donation ‘in a collecting bucket going around the room, that would be all … I have no recollection of any chequebook on the table’.

Eisen wrote in his blog: ‘One evening 15 years ago I cycled over to see [Mr Corbyn] … I was just beginning to establish Deir Yassin Remembered in the UK and I wanted him to join. I’d hardly begun my feverishly rehearsed pitch before his chequebook was on the table.
From that day on, without fuss or bother, whether DYR was flavour of the month or the maggot at the bottom of the food chain, he attended every single Deir Yassin commemoration.’
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 10:43]

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:15 - Aug 3 with 861 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:07 - Aug 3 by JakeITFC

Well that’s the point isn’t it - why is the default option to chuck the war machine behind it?

I repeat my earlier point that everyone being armed to the back teeth (+ nuclear) hasn’t stopped this war.

Ukraine wasn't given sufficient military weapons prior to the invasion. The HIMARS, which have made a difference, weren't given to Ukraine till June, and still no modern fighter jets, and the US air defense system wasn't announced until July, and won't be operational for some time.

If those had all been in place before the invasion, it wouldn't have been remotely feasible for Russia to invade - those long, stationary columns that we saw in Feb / early Mar would have been destroyed at will if Ukraine had had a decent number of HIMARS at that point, meaning the invasion just wouldn't have been possible.

And, the point is, that people who argued against providing advanced weapons to Ukraine have been proven catastrophically, demonstrably wrong.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 10:17]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 809 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Paul Eisen.

In January 2008 Eisen wrote the article "My Life As A Holocaust Denier". In it he wrote: “I question that there ever existed homicidal gas-chambers. I question the figure of six million Jewish victims of the Nazi assault and I believe that the actual figure was significantly less.”

Corbyn was holding meetings with his organisation and sharing platforms with him up to 2013.

edit. Worth adding that when challenged on this Corbyn lied and said “I have no contact whatsoever now with Paul Eisen and Deir Yassin Remembered. I did attend a number of events concerning DYR some years ago, I think two or three of them. The only donation would have been in a collection bucket going round the room, that’s all.

“Fifteen years ago he certainly was not a Holocaust denier, had he been a Holocaust denier or stated he was, I would have had nothing to do with him. Obviously Holocaust denial is vile and wrong.”

However a post on the DYR website shows Mr Corbyn attending the April 2013 event.

Eissen outed himself as a Holocaust denier in 2008 yet Corbyn continued his attendance at Eisen's events up until 2013.

When giving evidence to the select committee on Antisemitism in 2016, Corbyn admitted attending public DYR events but claimed to have stopped when he learned of its leader’s views.

He made no mention of a private meeting in Parliament just two years before. Mr Eisen has been open about his Holocaust denial since at least 2008.

When challenged about Eisen's claim that he donated to DYR, a group considered so anti semitic by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign who proposed a motion to drop expel them, Corbyn replied that he may have made a donation ‘in a collecting bucket going around the room, that would be all … I have no recollection of any chequebook on the table’.

Eisen wrote in his blog: ‘One evening 15 years ago I cycled over to see [Mr Corbyn] … I was just beginning to establish Deir Yassin Remembered in the UK and I wanted him to join. I’d hardly begun my feverishly rehearsed pitch before his chequebook was on the table.
From that day on, without fuss or bother, whether DYR was flavour of the month or the maggot at the bottom of the food chain, he attended every single Deir Yassin commemoration.’

Shameless. Still pushing this nonsense.

Perhaps you can give the actual nature of Corbyn's relationship with Eisen? Anything to add to Corbyn's version when the Guardian asked him about it:

The Labour leadership frontrunner said: “I have no contact now whatsoever with Paul Eisen and Deir Yassin Remembered. I did attend a number of events concerning Deir Yassin Remembered some years ago, I think two or three of them.” Deir Yassin was a Palestinian Arab village near Jerusalem where there was a historic massacre.

"“Fifteen years ago [Eisen] was not a Holocaust denier,” said the Labour leadership frontrunner. “Had he been a Holocaust denier, I would have had absolutely nothing to do with him. I was moved by the plight of people who had lost their village in Deir Yassin.”

Corbyn said: “Holocaust denial is vile and wrong. The Holocaust was the most vile part of our history. The Jewish people killed by the Nazi Holocaust were the people who suffered the most in the 20th century.”

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:26 - Aug 3 with 814 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:07 - Aug 3 by JakeITFC

That’s a fairly incorrect take in itself. In fact the reason Ukraine WAS invaded is exactly because they aren’t armed to the teeth, or have a nuclear deterrent.

Putin has been fairly open in saying that the Baltic states should be part of Russia. Had they not been part of nuclear armed NATO it’s very likely he’d already have made a move on them. See also Sweden and Finland’s recent decisions to join.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:31 - Aug 3 with 802 viewssolomon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Paul Eisen.

He’s clearly being smeared……
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:40 - Aug 3 with 773 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:23 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

Shameless. Still pushing this nonsense.

Perhaps you can give the actual nature of Corbyn's relationship with Eisen? Anything to add to Corbyn's version when the Guardian asked him about it:

The Labour leadership frontrunner said: “I have no contact now whatsoever with Paul Eisen and Deir Yassin Remembered. I did attend a number of events concerning Deir Yassin Remembered some years ago, I think two or three of them.” Deir Yassin was a Palestinian Arab village near Jerusalem where there was a historic massacre.

"“Fifteen years ago [Eisen] was not a Holocaust denier,” said the Labour leadership frontrunner. “Had he been a Holocaust denier, I would have had absolutely nothing to do with him. I was moved by the plight of people who had lost their village in Deir Yassin.”

Corbyn said: “Holocaust denial is vile and wrong. The Holocaust was the most vile part of our history. The Jewish people killed by the Nazi Holocaust were the people who suffered the most in the 20th century.”

Quite. Whenever you slightly pull at Glassers 'evidence' it always unravels like this. I don't bother anymore, it's a waste of time.

He loves a 'shared a stage with' attack, the most dubious of evidence for anyone with half a brain. I share a stadium with some right weirdoes, even sit near some, on a regular basis. Doesn't mean I share all their views.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:46 - Aug 3 with 756 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:26 - Aug 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That’s a fairly incorrect take in itself. In fact the reason Ukraine WAS invaded is exactly because they aren’t armed to the teeth, or have a nuclear deterrent.

Putin has been fairly open in saying that the Baltic states should be part of Russia. Had they not been part of nuclear armed NATO it’s very likely he’d already have made a move on them. See also Sweden and Finland’s recent decisions to join.

Exactly - if Ukraine had had HIMARS and modern air defense systems the Russians just wouldn't have been able to invade, no ifs or buts. Effective deterrence would've prevented the invasion - anyone pushing an alternative narrative is either being disingenuous or doesn't understand.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:53 - Aug 3 with 735 viewsJakeITFC

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:46 - Aug 3 by gordon

Exactly - if Ukraine had had HIMARS and modern air defense systems the Russians just wouldn't have been able to invade, no ifs or buts. Effective deterrence would've prevented the invasion - anyone pushing an alternative narrative is either being disingenuous or doesn't understand.

I fully understand, I just don’t support a world where it requires an increasing escalation of arms to maintain ‘peace’. Nobody wins in this scenario.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:59 - Aug 3 with 717 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:40 - Aug 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Quite. Whenever you slightly pull at Glassers 'evidence' it always unravels like this. I don't bother anymore, it's a waste of time.

He loves a 'shared a stage with' attack, the most dubious of evidence for anyone with half a brain. I share a stadium with some right weirdoes, even sit near some, on a regular basis. Doesn't mean I share all their views.

I can’t see Koonters post. What has been unravelled?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:00 - Aug 3 with 710 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:59 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

I can’t see Koonters post. What has been unravelled?

This post has been edited by an administrator

He's basically saying JC didn't have anything to do with him formally.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:05 - Aug 3 with 675 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:53 - Aug 3 by JakeITFC

I fully understand, I just don’t support a world where it requires an increasing escalation of arms to maintain ‘peace’. Nobody wins in this scenario.

A reluctance to accept the reality of the world as it is, and accept the reality of Putin's intentions in the buildup to invasion ultimately means that an awful lot of people are dying horrific deaths and being subjected to barbaric abuse.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:10 - Aug 3 with 668 viewsgordon

There's a good summary here of how aspects of western leftist 'pacifism' has been received by Ukrainians (you have to click and read the thread for non-twitterers).

[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:10]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:11 - Aug 3 with 655 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:05 - Aug 3 by gordon

A reluctance to accept the reality of the world as it is, and accept the reality of Putin's intentions in the buildup to invasion ultimately means that an awful lot of people are dying horrific deaths and being subjected to barbaric abuse.

That works double the other way, Gordon.

This has been sphere of influence manoeuvrings for decades on both sides. Putin and his people are awful people but we've been willing tango partners for a lot of that time. With ordinary Ukrainians and Russians as the pawns when Putin just keeps on being Putin.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024