Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22603 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:51 - Aug 4 with 657 viewsblueasfook

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

“ OR: Maybe just read, I dunno, THE ACTUAL ARTICLE ITSELF. ”

You then linked an article with selected quotes and not the full interview.

I really don’t know why I’m even attempting to have a grown up conversation with a man who once posted that the 2017 general election was taking place over two days due to so many people registering to vote for Corbyn.

Did he really post that?

If so, wow! and err.... ha ha! What a complete loon

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:51 - Aug 4 with 655 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:48 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know what Corbyn's thinking, maybe the interviewer should've delved a bit deeper into what he means. But that doesn't mean you can just make up what you reckon he means, like you did in the OP.

After Crimea was annexed, Corbyn stated that 'the borders of Ukraine have always ebbed and flowed with the tides of history', so he isn't that bothered about Ukrainian territorial integrity!
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 628 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:48 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know what Corbyn's thinking, maybe the interviewer should've delved a bit deeper into what he means. But that doesn't mean you can just make up what you reckon he means, like you did in the OP.

How can you always talk about swerving, when you pull one off like that?! Lame stuff. Russia isn't going to pull out - Corbyn *can only* be talking about ceding territory - at least be honest about it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 626 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:33 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Aided by the leader of the opposition being a lifelong Brexiteer

LOL, so you reckon he COULDN'T persuade people to vote for him ahead of May but he COULD persuade them to vote for Brexit?!

You can't have it both ways. Either he has an influence or he doesn't. You were claiming he doesn't just now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:54 - Aug 4 with 601 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! The anti-Corbyn cult is in deeeeeep.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:57 - Aug 4 with 587 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:51 - Aug 4 by blueasfook

Did he really post that?

If so, wow! and err.... ha ha! What a complete loon

Try reading properly. I linked the article that was in Glassers' link, and was commenting on what Paul Mason had to say about it. If there was anything juicier in the original it would be weird for Mason to leave it out.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 585 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:54 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Wow! The anti-Corbyn cult is in deeeeeep.

Even now, he frightens the establishment and those gullible to right wing media persuasion.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 576 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:53 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

How can you always talk about swerving, when you pull one off like that?! Lame stuff. Russia isn't going to pull out - Corbyn *can only* be talking about ceding territory - at least be honest about it.

Exactly.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 567 viewsmarchy

Maybe the interviewer should have. Or maybe Jeremy Corbyn should have realised he was speaking to a pro-Putin outlet who weren't going to have a great deal of interest in highlighting peaceful resolutions so much as they were pro-Putin outcomes, and yet again he finds himself tainted by association with the characters he's chosen to surround himself with, again and again and again and again. Poor old Jeremy.

That's the thing with naïveté though isn't it? It's only a viable defence for so long.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 548 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:58 - Aug 4 by noggin

Even now, he frightens the establishment and those gullible to right wing media persuasion.

That's an interesting assessment!
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 538 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:53 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

I haven't swerved anything.

If you think he *can only* be talking about ceding territory - and there's no other possibilities - then we're done here. I'm commenting on what Corbyn's said, not what you decided to 'editorialise' from it, so we'll have to agree to differ.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:02 - Aug 4 with 528 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:58 - Aug 4 by marchy

Maybe the interviewer should have. Or maybe Jeremy Corbyn should have realised he was speaking to a pro-Putin outlet who weren't going to have a great deal of interest in highlighting peaceful resolutions so much as they were pro-Putin outcomes, and yet again he finds himself tainted by association with the characters he's chosen to surround himself with, again and again and again and again. Poor old Jeremy.

That's the thing with naïveté though isn't it? It's only a viable defence for so long.

You've fallen for it. Congrats.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:03 - Aug 4 with 526 viewsblueasfook

I am not sure "frightens" is the right choice of words. I'd say more "re-inforces the views that he is a danger to the UK and its security"

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:03 - Aug 4 with 514 viewsmarchy

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:02 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've fallen for it. Congrats.

Yeah, it's definitely me.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:03 - Aug 4 with 511 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:00 - Aug 4 by gordon

That's an interesting assessment!

So explain why he's still being tainted by the media and several posters here. Surely he's irrelevant to government policy these days. You'd think the haters would have moved on by now.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 503 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:00 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you think he *can only* be talking about ceding territory - and there's no other possibilities - then we're done here. I'm commenting on what Corbyn's said, not what you decided to 'editorialise' from it, so we'll have to agree to differ.

Do you have any response to this point:

The point is that at a critical time in the Russian invasion when western weapons are having a significant impact and potentially turning the tide of the war & threatening Russian gains in the south, a group of British leftists are publicly stating that we should stop providing weapons to Ukraine because they can't defeat the invasion, and a ceasefire should be discussed, which they know in practice means permanent occupation of the areas Russia has gained.

In doing so, they're misrepresenting the views of Ukrainians and the situation in Ukraine, in a way which is to the benefit of an imperialist, fascist force which is murdering and raping civilians - while doing so under a banner of 'pacifism'.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 499 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:00 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not going to speculate on Corbyn’s own motives. But here is his former attack dog, and a man defended by a certain poster on here over the years, going down the antisemitic rabbit hole.

To be candid, "Not going to speculate on Corbyn's own motives" is a strange position to hold (by yourself and others) who are happy to be very clear on your opinions on JC at other times. With these types of accusations I feel like coming right out and saying it, then giving your evidence, is best.

In a kind of perverse way I have more respect for someone who's willing to come right out and say that JC wants Russia to win this war because Zelensky is Jewish and it suits his warped ideals (an opinion Solomon has failed to confirm as of yet when I asked him to explicitly).

Otherwise it's all beating around the bush.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:05 - Aug 4 with 488 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:14 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or maybe racists media outlets is EXACTLY where you should be going if you want to change hearts and minds?!

Some of you guys had a meltdown that Starmer stood in front of the flag of the country he serves.

Yet Corbyn giving interviews to a racist media platform, that backs genocidal dictators and pushes anti Semitic conspiracy theories and you think that’s all fine.

The hypocrisy is hilarious. Delusional.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:05 - Aug 4 with 485 viewsgiant_stow

You have missed it - he's on the same side as the European far right and German big business establishment worrying about their ability to make easy profits. What a guy! Good for you all!

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:05 - Aug 4 with 489 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:03 - Aug 4 by blueasfook

I am not sure "frightens" is the right choice of words. I'd say more "re-inforces the views that he is a danger to the UK and its security"

How is he a danger to anything or anyone? He's no longer leader of the opposition and holds no sway in British politics.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 474 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:00 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

What other possibility is there? If you can't answer that, you're being deeply dishonest.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 475 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:04 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

To be candid, "Not going to speculate on Corbyn's own motives" is a strange position to hold (by yourself and others) who are happy to be very clear on your opinions on JC at other times. With these types of accusations I feel like coming right out and saying it, then giving your evidence, is best.

In a kind of perverse way I have more respect for someone who's willing to come right out and say that JC wants Russia to win this war because Zelensky is Jewish and it suits his warped ideals (an opinion Solomon has failed to confirm as of yet when I asked him to explicitly).

Otherwise it's all beating around the bush.

Corbyn obviously doesn't want the Russian invasion to be defeated (and nor do the rest of them - Milne etc) - I wouldn't want to speculate on why, though, could be all sorts of reasons, and probably a muddle of all sorts of things.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 434 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn really brings these weird fantasists/attack dogs out of the woodwork.

Is the radical centre the most screwed up and confused area of British politics? At first, I thought they were sleepwalkers that just lash out when anyone tries to wake them up. But dealing with this crew over the years, they rarely know what they're talking about, they'll push any narrative (or just make stuff up) like the worst GB News pundit and most importantly you'll only ever hear non-solutions from them.

They've helped turn politics to sh!t as a result. We can't just blame the Mail, Express, Farage or Johnson for that when these clowns are the alternative.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/centrism-working-class-labour-corbyn-starme

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 424 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:05 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Some of you guys had a meltdown that Starmer stood in front of the flag of the country he serves.

Yet Corbyn giving interviews to a racist media platform, that backs genocidal dictators and pushes anti Semitic conspiracy theories and you think that’s all fine.

The hypocrisy is hilarious. Delusional.

Fantasist.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:17 - Aug 4 with 404 viewsChurchman

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:25 - Aug 4 by gordon

The point is that at a critical time in the Russian invasion when western weapons are having a significant impact and potentially turning the tide of the war & threatening Russian gains in the south, a group of British leftists are publicly stating that we should stop providing weapons to Ukraine because they can't defeat the invasion, and a ceasefire should be discussed, which they know in practice means permanent occupation of the areas Russia has gained.

In doing so, they're misrepresenting the views of Ukrainians and the situation in Ukraine, in a way which is to the benefit of an imperialist, fascist force which is murdering and raping civilians - while doing so under a banner of 'pacifism'.

Does anyone on this board think Ukraine wanted any of this? Does anyone think the western countries or anyone else, including China, wanted it? Of course not.

Putin was pleaded with not to do it. He and his useful idiots are the only people that wanted this and feel they are entitled to take what they want supported by their view of the world, propaganda and lies. No different to the Kaiser in 1914 or Hitler in 1939. Even the old tired lie of being ‘hemmed in’ is being reused.

Most UN members condemned the invasion, but it is toothless and is hamstrung by Russia being a permanent member. So how do you achieve that cherished peace?

If somebody can tell me what there is to ‘negotiate’ and how you do it with a man like Putin, I’d be very pleased to hear it. Apols if the answer is in this thread and I’ve missed it.

The reality for me is you either accept Putin’s line and secretly agree that Ukraine isn’t a real country and not worth the effort (and wait for the next territorial claim) or you do your best to stop him. If there’s another, serious, alternative I’ve yet to hear it.

Many appalling decisions and mistakes have been made dealing with Putin over the years and in the run up to this horror. He feeds and flourishes on weakness. But we are where we are. You have to draw that line.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 12:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024