Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22598 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 1110 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:15 - Aug 4 by blueasfook

Nobody says he "cheered on" the violence. But he has outright refused to solely condemn IRA atrocities many times. The best you'll ever get from him is that he condemns the violence on both sides. Choosing his words carefully so as not to upset his Republican pals.

What is wrong with condemning violence from both sides? Why must we only condemn republican violence?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:37 - Aug 4 with 1047 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:31 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

I know what you're trying to say on that first point but I don't really think that works. Semantics, maybe, but a militant organisation using violence to achieve their aims is what it is: militant, and violent. Denounce their tactics. Plenty of people seem unwilling to do that just because they support the underlying cause.

The UK also can be militant and violent to further our aims, and not even right ongoing injustice.

I just don't think we have the moral case to ignore others on that basis. And certainly not if the net result is to dismiss or ignore their underlying point.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 4 with 1031 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:33 - Aug 4 by noggin

What is wrong with condemning violence from both sides? Why must we only condemn republican violence?

I guess what he's saying is that JC will condemn the UVF (for example) specifically, or he'll say 'there's violence on both sides, and it's bad', but when pressed on whether he'd condemn the IRA specifically, he won't.

I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that's obviously worthy of criticism.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:45 - Aug 4 with 1011 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

I guess what he's saying is that JC will condemn the UVF (for example) specifically, or he'll say 'there's violence on both sides, and it's bad', but when pressed on whether he'd condemn the IRA specifically, he won't.

I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that's obviously worthy of criticism.

Has he condemned Loyalist violence specifically and refused to condemn The IRA at the same time?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:48 - Aug 4 with 997 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:45 - Aug 4 by noggin

Has he condemned Loyalist violence specifically and refused to condemn The IRA at the same time?

I have no idea, to be honest.

But some on here have suggested that he flat out refuses to condemn the IRA. In my humble opinion, if that IS the case, he deserves some criticism for not doing so, regardless of his support for a united Ireland. I would criticise anyone in that position.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:50 - Aug 4 with 982 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:48 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

But some on here have suggested that he flat out refuses to condemn the IRA. In my humble opinion, if that IS the case, he deserves some criticism for not doing so, regardless of his support for a united Ireland. I would criticise anyone in that position.

He has said repeatedly that he condemns violence on both sides. How much clearer can he be?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:53 - Aug 4 with 966 viewsBogblue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:03 - Aug 4 by noggin

So explain why he's still being tainted by the media and several posters here. Surely he's irrelevant to government policy these days. You'd think the haters would have moved on by now.

I think it's fair to say it's analysing rather than "tainting" on this thread.

The relevance is there's still a vociferous segment of voters who would in the past vote labour but who atm won't because they feel aggrieved (rightly or wrongly) at how they perceive Corbyn's been treated, and who think he should be allowed to come back or even be reinstated as leader. Indirectly he's therefore helpful to the tories.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 4 with 945 viewsDarth_Koont

You're safer just binning people's suggestions about what Corbyn is saying or thinking. Absolute loonfest that's more like QAnon or any other conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

Better to look into it for yourself.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 4 with 952 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:33 - Aug 4 by noggin

“What is wrong with condemning violence from both sides? ”

A vile orange man once said that!

Corbyn also condemned the “violence on both sides” when the insidious Venezuelan government was beating the Sh1t out of civilians who wanted food and legitimate elections.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:55 - Aug 4 with 941 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:50 - Aug 4 by noggin

He has said repeatedly that he condemns violence on both sides. How much clearer can he be?

EDIT - a quick search suggests he has named the IRA. Fine by me.

Mr Corbyn said "all bombing is wrong" as he faced repeated questions on the Sophy Ridge on Sunday programme over whether he condemned the IRA alone for its role in the Troubles.

He said: "I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA."
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 12:01]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:56 - Aug 4 with 919 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn also condemned the “violence on both sides” when the insidious Venezuelan government was beating the Sh1t out of civilians who wanted food and legitimate elections.

Sigh.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:57 - Aug 4 with 928 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

We're talking specifically about the conflict in Ireland.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:58 - Aug 4 with 920 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

You're safer just binning people's suggestions about what Corbyn is saying or thinking. Absolute loonfest that's more like QAnon or any other conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

Better to look into it for yourself.

Fair point.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 891 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:56 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Sigh.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/07/no-10-reiterates-uk-condemnatio

Nice both sides-ing
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:07 - Aug 4 with 839 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:00 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/07/no-10-reiterates-uk-condemnatio

Nice both sides-ing

Nice no-pointing 😀

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:07 - Aug 4 with 843 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn has always been more careful with his words than the likes of John McDonnell

'It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.

'The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process.'

or Diane Abbott

'Ireland is our struggle. Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.'

However, it's worth remembering:

A week after the Brighton bombing, Corbyn invited Gerry Adams to the Commons. Former Ireland’s Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said that, according to the evidence he has seen, Adams was not only an IRA member, but sat on its army council.

Corbyn was arrested while on a pro-IRA protest at the trial of the bomber who had killed five people and injured a further 31.

He stood in a two minute silence to commemorate the IRA terrorists who had attempted to blow up a police station before being killed by the British Army. He was quoted at theme as saying he was “happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland” (odd choice of words for a so called pacifist).

Even the Guardian denounced his “romantic support for Irish Republicans” and states unequivocally: “Mr Corbyn's actions do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland and are not seriously intended to do so”.

Even more damning are the words of former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, Seamus Mallon, an Irish republican who id not go down the route of violence and one of the architects of the Good Friday Agreement who said “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

Or Sean O’Callaghan, an ex-IRA terrorist, said Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:09 - Aug 4 with 829 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:07 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Corbyn has always been more careful with his words than the likes of John McDonnell

'It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.

'The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process.'

or Diane Abbott

'Ireland is our struggle. Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.'

However, it's worth remembering:

A week after the Brighton bombing, Corbyn invited Gerry Adams to the Commons. Former Ireland’s Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said that, according to the evidence he has seen, Adams was not only an IRA member, but sat on its army council.

Corbyn was arrested while on a pro-IRA protest at the trial of the bomber who had killed five people and injured a further 31.

He stood in a two minute silence to commemorate the IRA terrorists who had attempted to blow up a police station before being killed by the British Army. He was quoted at theme as saying he was “happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland” (odd choice of words for a so called pacifist).

Even the Guardian denounced his “romantic support for Irish Republicans” and states unequivocally: “Mr Corbyn's actions do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland and are not seriously intended to do so”.

Even more damning are the words of former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, Seamus Mallon, an Irish republican who id not go down the route of violence and one of the architects of the Good Friday Agreement who said “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

Or Sean O’Callaghan, an ex-IRA terrorist, said Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”.

Nice narrative.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 792 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:09 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Nice narrative.

I must say, GB makes a compelling case in that post by pointing out specific instances where Corbyn's support for the cause he believes in spilled over into a more unsavoury, active support of the IRA.

Should I corroborate it? Maybe. I can't be bothered though. I'll just let you two fight it out.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 763 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:22 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

I must say, GB makes a compelling case in that post by pointing out specific instances where Corbyn's support for the cause he believes in spilled over into a more unsavoury, active support of the IRA.

Should I corroborate it? Maybe. I can't be bothered though. I'll just let you two fight it out.

If it was a true representation it wouldn’t need the framing or bringing in others.

Classic MO.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:34 - Aug 4 with 735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:09 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Nice narrative.

He's just copied and pasted it from one of his old posts. We've been through all this and much of it was pulled apart over multiple threads. But Glassers has an agenda to promote so he'll just copy n paste it out again and again regardless of the facts. Shameful.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 722 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:22 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

This is half the reason he does it. I don't know if you saw our old dingdongs on Corbyn, but much of it unravels when you dig a bit deeper.

I can't be bothered now either. I've seen enough inconsistencies, innuendos, guilty by association arguments and even downright lies to conclude it's best to save your time and just ignore.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 676 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:34 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's just copied and pasted it from one of his old posts. We've been through all this and much of it was pulled apart over multiple threads. But Glassers has an agenda to promote so he'll just copy n paste it out again and again regardless of the facts. Shameful.

Ok. What part f my post is false?

Did Corbyn invite Gerry Adams to the HOC a week after the Brighton bombing? Yes/No

Was Corbyn arrested while on a pro-IRA protest at the trial of the bomber who had killed five people and injured a further 31? Yes/No

Did Corbyn stand in a two minute silence to commemorate the IRA terrorists who had attempted to blow up a police station before being killed by the British Army? Yes/No

Did the Guardian denounce Corbyn's “romantic support for Irish Republicans” and state unequivocally: “Mr Corbyn's actions do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland and are not seriously intended to do so”? Yes/No

Did Seamus Mallon say “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace?” Yes/No

Did Sean say Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”? Yes/No

You demand evidence. The when evidence is presented you dismiss it.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:48 - Aug 4 with 661 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:46 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Ok. What part f my post is false?

Did Corbyn invite Gerry Adams to the HOC a week after the Brighton bombing? Yes/No

Was Corbyn arrested while on a pro-IRA protest at the trial of the bomber who had killed five people and injured a further 31? Yes/No

Did Corbyn stand in a two minute silence to commemorate the IRA terrorists who had attempted to blow up a police station before being killed by the British Army? Yes/No

Did the Guardian denounce Corbyn's “romantic support for Irish Republicans” and state unequivocally: “Mr Corbyn's actions do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland and are not seriously intended to do so”? Yes/No

Did Seamus Mallon say “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace?” Yes/No

Did Sean say Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”? Yes/No

You demand evidence. The when evidence is presented you dismiss it.

Gmpf

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 668 viewsTrequartista

I disagree with Corbyn here but it’s a perfectly legitimate stance to take and entirely consistent with his previous views.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 14:51 - Aug 4 with 524 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 12:37 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is half the reason he does it. I don't know if you saw our old dingdongs on Corbyn, but much of it unravels when you dig a bit deeper.

I can't be bothered now either. I've seen enough inconsistencies, innuendos, guilty by association arguments and even downright lies to conclude it's best to save your time and just ignore.

You keep using this phrase 'unravels' but you haven't once been able to back it up. When challenged you either swerve or disappear.

Everything I posted is a matter of public record. I've asked you what part of my post s false and you have completely served answering.

Come on dollers.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024