Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then 08:48 - Aug 5 with 3937 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62431183

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:53 - Aug 5 with 2243 viewsGlasgowBlue

“ Ms Stone said the eight breaches "were minor and/or inadvertent", and "there was no attempt to mislead".”

Nothing to see here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:54 - Aug 5 with 2244 viewsLord_Lucan

Thing is Keno, it's not a really detailed report and at the end of the day sh1t happens.

I'm not really a Starmer fan but I do get agitated by reports of wrongdoings of people in the public eye which when you look into it are just minor sh1t****

Can you imagine the field day the press would have with all of us if we were constantly monitored?

****Stand to be corrected if he has done something stoopid

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:55 - Aug 5 with 2233 viewsKeno

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:53 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

“ Ms Stone said the eight breaches "were minor and/or inadvertent", and "there was no attempt to mislead".”

Nothing to see here.

I know, but I bet some people both Labour and Tory will try to make this into something a lot more!!

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:59 - Aug 5 with 2195 viewsKeno

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:54 - Aug 5 by Lord_Lucan

Thing is Keno, it's not a really detailed report and at the end of the day sh1t happens.

I'm not really a Starmer fan but I do get agitated by reports of wrongdoings of people in the public eye which when you look into it are just minor sh1t****

Can you imagine the field day the press would have with all of us if we were constantly monitored?

****Stand to be corrected if he has done something stoopid

"Can you imagine the field day the press would have with all of us if we were constantly monitored?"

now that is a scary thought!!!

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 2179 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:55 - Aug 5 by Keno

I know, but I bet some people both Labour and Tory will try to make this into something a lot more!!

I can think of two on here who will be getting overexcited about this story.

Iron Lion Zion

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:01 - Aug 5 with 2178 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Kier Shawarma

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:04 - Aug 5 with 2149 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Whoever is trying to buy favour using Watford tickets is clearly not trying very hard…
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:05 - Aug 5 with 2138 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:00 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

DaveU?
Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:21 - Aug 5 with 2054 viewsCrayonKing

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 08:55 - Aug 5 by Keno

Whilst it's obviously nothing, it will still be front page of certain newspapers and gives an attack vector that will be distorted and exaggerated over time.

As a lawyer he should be able to follow rules to the letter and avoid such traps, so a negative mark from me even though I've total sympathy with such a minor breach.
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:25 - Aug 5 with 2020 viewsFenland_Blue

It doesn't matter what party they belong to, they are all as corrupt as each other, as seen by the expenses scandal a few years ago.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:28 - Aug 5 with 1974 viewsSTYG

Any proper article would confirm for context how many of the same offences Boris has.

If Starmer has 8 and no other MP's have any, then it's inexcusable.

If it turns out he has 8, the average MP has 11 and the average Tory MP has 37 then it shouldn't even be news.
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:29 - Aug 5 with 1967 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:25 - Aug 5 by Fenland_Blue

It doesn't matter what party they belong to, they are all as corrupt as each other, as seen by the expenses scandal a few years ago.

“all as corrupt as each other”

I’m not sure forgetting to declare a kebab is quite on a par as setting your next door neighbour up with a multi million pound contract for the NHS?
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:33 - Aug 5 with 1935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:28 - Aug 5 by STYG

Any proper article would confirm for context how many of the same offences Boris has.

If Starmer has 8 and no other MP's have any, then it's inexcusable.

If it turns out he has 8, the average MP has 11 and the average Tory MP has 37 then it shouldn't even be news.

And a proper person commenting on the thread would at least bother to read the article first:

“ Outgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson was found by the standards commissioner to have breached the rules on late declarations in 2018 and 2019.”

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:34 - Aug 5 with 1922 viewsSteve_M

Are you trying to beat Ulla's thread the other day?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:36 - Aug 5 with 1906 viewshomer_123

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:29 - Aug 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’m not sure forgetting to declare a kebab is quite on a par as setting your next door neighbour up with a multi million pound contract for the NHS?

I can tell you that after a number of pints on a Friday, I'd value the kebab more highly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:39 - Aug 5 with 1886 viewsKeno

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:29 - Aug 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Depends on the size of the kebab?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:41 - Aug 5 with 1881 viewsBrianTablet

Distraction Bot: Mission Accomplished
Return to Non-dom Base Camp 1
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 9:41]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:42 - Aug 5 with 1875 viewsCrayonKing

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:25 - Aug 5 by Fenland_Blue

I guess this is exactly my point. BoJo selling peerages for donations, Hancock dishing out PPE contracts to his mates, Starmer declaring a couple of Watford tickets later than he should have. One of these things is not like the other, but to those not paying much attention it allows a lazy "they're all as bad as each other" line.

Failure of leadership, sadly. Albeit one that is so petty and minor it *should* be ignored, but won't due to the rigged game we have to play.
Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:44 - Aug 5 with 1853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:33 - Aug 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And a proper person commenting on the thread would at least bother to read the article first:

“ Outgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson was found by the standards commissioner to have breached the rules on late declarations in 2018 and 2019.”

I’m convinced that Styg is another of Frimley’s log ins.

Iron Lion Zion

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:49 - Aug 5 with 1838 viewsblueasfook

I imagine the Corbyn-signal has gone up in the sky already and Dollers and Koonters are racing to TWTD as we speak...

Maybe they'll stop to pick Noggin up on the way
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 9:50]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:51 - Aug 5 with 1807 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:42 - Aug 5 by CrayonKing

I guess this is exactly my point. BoJo selling peerages for donations, Hancock dishing out PPE contracts to his mates, Starmer declaring a couple of Watford tickets later than he should have. One of these things is not like the other, but to those not paying much attention it allows a lazy "they're all as bad as each other" line.

Failure of leadership, sadly. Albeit one that is so petty and minor it *should* be ignored, but won't due to the rigged game we have to play.

It says it was an admin error, say may not even been anything to do with Starmer himself. That's hardly a failure of leadership.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:52 - Aug 5 with 1800 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You mean you wouldn't if it had been Corbyn?

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 10:04 - Aug 5 with 1721 viewsjaykay

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:49 - Aug 5 by blueasfook

I imagine the Corbyn-signal has gone up in the sky already and Dollers and Koonters are racing to TWTD as we speak...

this seems the new way of stopping a counter reply . it been used quite a bit lately by some alter egos

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 10:08 - Aug 5 with 1677 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:49 - Aug 5 by blueasfook

Wrong again, I support Starmer.

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 10:12 - Aug 5 with 1638 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh dear Kier, whose been a naughty boy then on 09:52 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

You mean you wouldn't if it had been Corbyn?

Who?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024