Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM 12:05 - Aug 9 with 2999 viewshomer_123

has taken over - I feel somewhat deflated by a decision.

As a footballer Keogh has been and still is a very good player.

However, his off the field past, I'm afraid cannot be overlooked, especially given the clear inconsistency regarding Ashton and Norwood. In addition, the moving visit and speech from Jason Schechterle most certainly doesn't fit with bringing Keogh in.

Foremost this is why this decision doesn't sit well with me, at all.

From a footballing perspective - I am unconvinced we need him. I think we have more than decent cover at the back, unless Burgess is moving on? Yes, this means a player or two will go out on loan but, even from just a footballing perspective, this seems an odd signing, if it happens.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 552 viewsN2_Blue

FFS I thought you were better than this.

There is no harm in having experience and cover. We actually have very little of it. If McKenna wants him then go get him.

Personally i would have been more questioning of a signing like Mckirdy which thankfully was a hoax because that made less sense based on his age and not being someone who I could see improving the squad based on ability, level played at, experience or personality.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 548 viewsRobTheMonk

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:49 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Genuinely not sure how you can look at what happened and come to that conclusion. None of his teammates challenged his version of events and he won his case against Derby.

Footballer in drunken car crash horror is all people see. There's so many more layers to it.

Can we also stop with the Jason Schechterle stuff? Nothing to do with this at all and shouldn't be held as a beacon against Keogh.
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 14:00 - Aug 9 with 517 viewshomer_123

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:52 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Merely 'deflated' by this decision by the club and that it feels at odds with a recent speaker they had at the club.

How?

Yeah - for both reasons, seems like an odd signing.

From a football perspective, I don't think we need him, unless Burgess is off. And yes, to me it seems at odds with the recent speaker.

Note that I am not 'outraged', clearly many have a differing opinion and that's cool - people see things differently to me and I maybe in a minority here - so be it.

Just stating that this one doesn't sit well with me - that's all fella.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 14:12 - Aug 9 with 483 viewsJ2BLUE

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 14:00 - Aug 9 by homer_123

Yeah - for both reasons, seems like an odd signing.

From a football perspective, I don't think we need him, unless Burgess is off. And yes, to me it seems at odds with the recent speaker.

Note that I am not 'outraged', clearly many have a differing opinion and that's cool - people see things differently to me and I maybe in a minority here - so be it.

Just stating that this one doesn't sit well with me - that's all fella.

Fair enough but that hasn't answered the question. The two incidents are completely different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 17:06 - Aug 9 with 423 viewsElephantintheRoom

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:10 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

From a footballing perspective it makes perfect sense. He's a high quality experienced back up.

Off the field, we have no idea if he's remorseful and has proven himself. I'm sure Ashton/McKenna will be asked about this so it would be good to wait for the answer rather than turn on him now (not aimed at you that comment, your post is fair).

From an Ipswich perspective it’s rather bizarre too. This antique of slightly dodgy provenance was released here before they even got around to loaning him out. We’ve already loaned out a highly promising young defender and have another one waiting for a chance.

This is way beyond bizarre

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 19:28 - Aug 9 with 381 viewsclive_baker

Don’t agree. I think KM has invested as much in signing people as footballers, and rightly so. For too long we’ve had a culture of accepting mediocrity and we’ve been meek with it. I love that we’ve got this group of hungry players now, leaders. That’s not to say you don’t have to be able to play football, but Keogh clearly still has something about him and could prove to be a very wily signing. Ndaba I don’t think is ready, perhaps he’ll go out on loan. Which leaves Edmundson, Woolfenden, Burgess, JD, Keogh. When we’re playing a back 3 I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have 5 to pick from if that’s how we are to go, or perhaps it paves the way for Burgess to move on IF we can recoup anything close to what we paid, which wasn’t an insignificant amount let’s not forget. I would be very surprised if any of Woolf, Edmundson or JD left.

I think he’ll be a great head to have around the place, the club will have done their homework and made sure he still has the fire in his belly and if he can play his part in getting us promoted then it will prove a good acquisition. I have no issues with it whatsoever despite his off the field history, is he meant to sit at home feeling sorry for himself for the rest of his life?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 19:32]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 20:46 - Aug 9 with 326 viewsSwansea_Blue

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:13 - Aug 9 by waveneyblue

Genuine question - Are you talking about his part in the very unsavory car accident which lead him to be sacked from Derby.

What exactly was his part - appreciate he was drunk, but in the back of the vehicle i.e.not driving.

Am I missing something from this ?

Honestly I don't know any other details - I am just curious

He seems to have been a victim of a drunk driver. I’ve no idea why some people are jumping on his back and not the drunk driver’s, but there’s nowt as queer as folk and all that.

There’s an argument he shouldn’t have had a few beers as a professional sportsman, but people disliking him for that must hate the majority of footballers. They’d have really hated our best ever team.

Thankfully I’ve not been on here much the last few days, as it looks like the sun’s got to a few.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024