Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EasyHotel or Travelodge 13:30 - Aug 25 with 2444 viewsOsborneOneNil

People of Ipswich. I am up with my 2 lads for the game Saturday, staying over the Friday night only.

What's the better of the 2 hotels as a base for getting out for food friday night, bit of a wander saturday morning, then getting away after the game heading South on the A12?

Done Travleodge last time and that was decent enough. I see Easy Hotel is a bit more central, so maybe not as easy to get away after the game.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 13:42]
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 2142 viewsSitfcB

No parking at EasyHotel (Crown St car park best bet for that)

Was it the Travelodge on Duke Street? Probably best to go there again, nice stroll along the waterfront to PR with Isaacs and Wiff Waff for refreshments.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:37 - Aug 25 with 2110 viewsSikamikanico

All I will say of my experience staying at the EasyHotel was that the rooms were tiny and they don't all have a window.

Which would be fine but I was extremely drunk, failed to charge my phone up and woke up at 8am with no clue as to what time it was or if I was even alive. Parking was not too bad at a nearby car park but I didn't leave after an Ipswich match
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:38 - Aug 25 with 2088 viewsSitfcB

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:37 - Aug 25 by Sikamikanico

All I will say of my experience staying at the EasyHotel was that the rooms were tiny and they don't all have a window.

Which would be fine but I was extremely drunk, failed to charge my phone up and woke up at 8am with no clue as to what time it was or if I was even alive. Parking was not too bad at a nearby car park but I didn't leave after an Ipswich match

Cheaper for a room without no window think it’s a tenner extra to have a room with one.

I enjoyed the experience of waking up not having a f’king clue what the time was haha.

COYB

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:38 - Aug 25 with 2086 viewsbluelady

def the travel lodge. Not sure how much Premier is in but thats in a good spot too by the waterfront. Closer to the station and A12/14 is the Penta hotel, again no idea of cost.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 2064 viewsJakeITFC

Travelodge wins on all counts.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 2042 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:37 - Aug 25 by Sikamikanico

Haha!!

Bloody good point. Had that in one in East London, woke at 1pm or something and thought it was the middle of the night.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:44 - Aug 25 with 2035 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cheers all. Much appreciated.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:45 - Aug 25 with 2022 viewsSikamikanico

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:38 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Cheaper for a room without no window think it’s a tenner extra to have a room with one.

I enjoyed the experience of waking up not having a f’king clue what the time was haha.

Yeah that's why i booked one without, and it was great apart from being severely hungover and no way to find out the time until my phone had charged.

I would stay there again, but I wouldn't force down quite so many pints.

So really my anecdote was a failing of mine and not the room
Login to get fewer ads

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:46 - Aug 25 with 2017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Food - Travelodge probably although both fine really, but Waterfront is probably the easiest option
Wander - Would actually go EasyHotel as short walk up to Christchurch Park or into town, but Travelodge has the socks so options there too
Getting away - Travelodge for the reasons already given in this thread

So Travelodge, unless you fancy a change of scene

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:52 - Aug 25 with 1963 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:46 - Aug 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Food - Travelodge probably although both fine really, but Waterfront is probably the easiest option
Wander - Would actually go EasyHotel as short walk up to Christchurch Park or into town, but Travelodge has the socks so options there too
Getting away - Travelodge for the reasons already given in this thread

So Travelodge, unless you fancy a change of scene

Great stuff, thanks.

Premier Inn (Waterfront) has rooms free too. On a par with Travelodge? Similar location I see.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 1945 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:52 - Aug 25 by OsborneOneNil

Great stuff, thanks.

Premier Inn (Waterfront) has rooms free too. On a par with Travelodge? Similar location I see.

Premier Inns are usually superior to Travelodge.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:01 - Aug 25 with 1897 viewsTractorgirlforever

The mermaid is by far the best place to stay. Close to the ground, its a marstons pub but the hotel bit is seperate so not noisy. Good access after match to motorways
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:03 - Aug 25 with 1871 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:52 - Aug 25 by OsborneOneNil

Great stuff, thanks.

No real difference on any of the criteria you’ve put, slightly shorter walk to Premier Inn from the ground but not a lot in it

Hotels themselves are as you’d expect from those chains, or at least I assume they are as I’ve never stayed in the Ipswich ones!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:05 - Aug 25 with 1850 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:54 - Aug 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Premier Inns are usually superior to Travelodge.

£20 better?

(Tight ar5e)
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:07 - Aug 25 with 1844 viewsZx1988

Depending on the prices that Premier Inn and Travelodge are asking, it might also be worth taking a look at Novotel.

I stayed over in town a few weeks back, and the Novotel actually turned out to be a cheaper option than all of the 'usual' budget picks.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:08 - Aug 25 with 1835 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:01 - Aug 25 by Tractorgirlforever

The mermaid is by far the best place to stay. Close to the ground, its a marstons pub but the hotel bit is seperate so not noisy. Good access after match to motorways

No room left there. Good shout though, I'll look at that next time.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:18 - Aug 25 with 1790 viewsbluelady

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:05 - Aug 25 by OsborneOneNil

£20 better?

(Tight ar5e)

check parking and aircon at both? stayed in prem inn with no aircon recently it was absolutely horrid! Generally speaking though do much prefer them. but for one or two nights when you are literally going to sleep there i dont think it really matters so go back to parking and aircon!

the penta is funky but maybe expensive.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:28 - Aug 25 with 1717 viewsSitfcB

£20 better?

(Tight ar5e)

I’d always choose a Premier Inn over a Travelodge.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 14:46]

COYB

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:34 - Aug 25 with 1681 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:18 - Aug 25 by bluelady

check parking and aircon at both? stayed in prem inn with no aircon recently it was absolutely horrid! Generally speaking though do much prefer them. but for one or two nights when you are literally going to sleep there i dont think it really matters so go back to parking and aircon!

the penta is funky but maybe expensive.

No 3 bed rooms at Penta. Price for a double was decent though, so maybe not too bad.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:36 - Aug 25 with 1678 viewsOsborneOneNil

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:28 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

I’d always choose a Premier Inn over a Travelodge.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 14:46]

Same normally. But booked TL......only crashing there with the kids before shooting back South. Was decent enough last time.

Cheers for your input bud
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1622 viewsBlueySwede

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 13:38 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Windows was "frosted" (excuse my english), so not much joy with them anyway, except some light...
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1621 viewsSitfcB

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 14:36 - Aug 25 by OsborneOneNil

Same normally. But booked TL......only crashing there with the kids before shooting back South. Was decent enough last time.

Cheers for your input bud

Yeah it’s only a bed for the night.

The new one right by Portman Road should open before the season is over.

No worries.

COYB

EasyHotel or Travelodge on 16:12 - Aug 25 with 1424 viewsArnoldMoorhen

£20 better?

(Tight ar5e)

Does it include breakfast?
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 16:15 - Aug 25 with 1415 viewsArnoldMoorhen

How old are your lads? If 12 or under I would stay in Felixstowe, then drive to Ipswich and park strategically for the ground and getaway.

If drinking age, Waterfront.
EasyHotel or Travelodge on 16:53 - Aug 25 with 1333 viewsstonojnr

I know people who have stayed at that Travelodge, and its fine, its the one Id pick for sure out of those two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024