Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… 15:29 - Sep 29 with 2691 viewsbugblatter

I used to design TWTD last century when it was a printed magazine.

I’ve recently set up an online shop selling hand-printed greetings cards and art prints. These include a reprint of my classic Sergeant Pepper poster from ’98, as well as a new "McKenna’s at the Wheel" design, which is also available as a t-shirt + mug, as well as an (also letterpress printed) greetings card featuring the lyrics to Edward Ebenezer.

If you’ve not seen my stuff before I would love to hear what you think…

https://www.comehitherdesign.com/shop/

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 15:47 - Sep 29 with 2571 viewsOsborneOneNil

I have that Sargent Pepper print from when it was originally released!
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 15:48 - Sep 29 with 2566 viewsIllinoisblue

Edit: yes you do as I’ve just ordered it.

The Sgt Pepper work is an absolute beauty. Do you ship to the US?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2022 16:01]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 2504 viewsFreddies_Ears

Love those items!!! Sure they'll do well...

One minor suggestion - the last line of the Edward Ebeneezer song was, on the original recording, "everybody, call me Ted" - it is an exhortation, not an exclamation.
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:21 - Sep 29 with 2443 viewstampa_bay

I can vouch for the excellentness of the Sgt. Pepper framed poster. Picked mine up over the summer.
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:30 - Sep 29 with 2415 viewsOsborneOneNil

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:21 - Sep 29 by tampa_bay

I can vouch for the excellentness of the Sgt. Pepper framed poster. Picked mine up over the summer.

My son pinched mine years ago, just about to order myself a new one.
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:33 - Sep 29 with 2394 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great stuff. I've just ordered the Sgt Pepper poster. I'll be returning just before Christmas to sort out a couple of presents for my boy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:43 - Sep 29 with 2343 viewsRyorry

Great, love the "McKenna's at the wheel" items, well done 👍

One minor thing is that I'd prefer the blue to be more "true Blue" - ie more our deep royal colour - looks like a lighter shade in those pics (?)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:49 - Sep 29 with 2305 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Excellent, my Sgt Pepper poster got lost whilst moving / destroyed by the wife.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 17:02 - Sep 29 with 2262 viewsDJR

The McKenna's at the Wheel design is great. As regards the Sgt Pepper poster, the supporting characters appear to be mainly people prominent in the 70s. I suppose an alternative design would be to make these characters other Ipswich players, but perhaps that wouldn't be true to the original Beatles' poster.
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 09:42 - Sep 30 with 1903 viewsbugblatter

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 15:48 - Sep 29 by Illinoisblue

Edit: yes you do as I’ve just ordered it.

The Sgt Pepper work is an absolute beauty. Do you ship to the US?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2022 16:01]

We do indeed. Sending one now to Wisconsin…
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 1902 viewsbugblatter

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:09 - Sep 29 by Freddies_Ears

Love those items!!! Sure they'll do well...

One minor suggestion - the last line of the Edward Ebeneezer song was, on the original recording, "everybody, call me Ted" - it is an exhortation, not an exclamation.

I have been told that before, and I am a stickler for detail – when I print the next batch of cards, the error will be corrected!
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 09:44 - Sep 30 with 1884 viewsbugblatter

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 17:02 - Sep 29 by DJR

The McKenna's at the Wheel design is great. As regards the Sgt Pepper poster, the supporting characters appear to be mainly people prominent in the 70s. I suppose an alternative design would be to make these characters other Ipswich players, but perhaps that wouldn't be true to the original Beatles' poster.

Yes, they’ll all figures relevant to 1978. I’ve uploaded a guide to the all here:

https://www.comehitherdesign.com/pepper/
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 12:59 - Sep 30 with 1730 viewshoppy

Quality stuff!

I know the Sgt Pepper one was a favourite of Kate Beckinsale too…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 13:23 - Sep 30 with 1600 viewsDubtractor

The Sgt Pepper edition is the only physical copy of TWTD I still own. Pretty certain that was also the one with the 0898 505050 'advert' on the back wasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 14:44 - Sep 30 with 1508 viewsbugblatter

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 13:23 - Sep 30 by Dubtractor

The Sgt Pepper edition is the only physical copy of TWTD I still own. Pretty certain that was also the one with the 0898 505050 'advert' on the back wasn't it?

Yes, as I recall @philTWTD and I presented a copy to George Burley at the time – he looked at the cover and smiled, turned it over, looked at the back cover and threw it back at us!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 16:20]
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 15:04 - Sep 30 with 1489 viewsKeno

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 12:59 - Sep 30 by hoppy

Quality stuff!

I know the Sgt Pepper one was a favourite of Kate Beckinsale too…

an avid TWTD readers as well if I recall

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 18:16 - Sep 30 with 1399 viewsbugblatter

Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 16:43 - Sep 29 by Ryorry

Great, love the "McKenna's at the wheel" items, well done 👍

One minor thing is that I'd prefer the blue to be more "true Blue" - ie more our deep royal colour - looks like a lighter shade in those pics (?)

Cheers!

The shirts and mugs, do feature a darker, royal blue. The letterpress cards and prints needed to be a paler colour, so when the red and blue overprint results in clearly a different colour. Too dark and the overprinting effect is lessened…
Shameless plug… McKenna’s at the Wheel, Sgt Pepper poster, etc… on 18:28 - Sep 30 with 1385 viewsdocklandsblue

I was in the process of flattening ahead of reframing the original Sgt Pepper print that I found in the loft recently. This is going to save me acres of toime... top stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024