Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
unfit and fat - advice needed 13:27 - Oct 10 with 3545 viewsStuartSlater

Hello -

so fellow tractor boyz and girls - or men and women - or whoever you identify as - so I am 47 and fat and unfit lost a bit of weight a few years ago... but now a chubster with a love of kebabs etc.

Any inspirational stories out there / good advice which can help - would be very grateful.

Thanks

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

unfit and fat - advice needed on 17:08 - Oct 10 with 609 viewsKentish_Tractor

If you are at all sporty and/or just really like playing football- I can highly recommend the Man vs Fat Football programme - https://manvfatfootball.org/

It's sort of 5-a-side meets weight-watchers. You are teamed with blokes in exactly the same situation as you so theres absolutely no embarrasment (or if there is its shared!). You meet once a week to play a match against one of the other teams.

Its a professionally organised league system with a twist - You also score goals for losing weight! Your results on the pitch are combined with your personal and team weight loss - so you really are all in it together.

I'd let myself go over covid and joined the Romford league (closest one to where I live) and have so far lost a stone - but its a great way to get healthy, lose weight and have fun too!

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

unfit and fat - advice needed on 17:16 - Oct 10 with 587 viewsBlueBadger

Alright Nors, how's life in Yorkshire?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

unfit and fat - advice needed on 17:25 - Oct 10 with 591 viewschicoazul

16-8 fasts daily and lift weights x3 within every 7 days. Military deadlift (rows if not) squat and bench, use the 5x5 method. Stop the booze. Try to lift when fasting. Eat what you want when out of your fasting window but if you can eat clean, even better.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 17:28]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

unfit and fat - advice needed on 17:41 - Oct 10 with 559 viewsDeano69

If you are in the Kesgrave/Martlesham/Woodbridge area, then Grange Fitness are offering a form of 'fitness journey' with a supported program to help you get fit and in shape. I am sure others have the same sort of thing in other areas.

My advice is not to try on your own. Get support, encouragement etc from someone that can help. It's too easy to lose your way when you are trying to motivate yourself.

Fitness and weight changing starts in the kitchen, the gym makes you fitter and changes your thought process about calories.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

unfit and fat - advice needed on 18:04 - Oct 10 with 538 viewsfab_lover

Keto diet for the win. Just stop eating carbs.

Exercise - 45 minutes brisk walk each day will do it.
unfit and fat - advice needed on 18:06 - Oct 10 with 537 viewsCrayonKing

I took up running as an unfit 40-something and have managed to stick with it. I found Couch to 5k to be a really good intro for a total noob.

Not sure how much weight I've lost but I'm certainly much fitter for it.
unfit and fat - advice needed on 19:11 - Oct 10 with 504 viewsDinDjarin

unfit and fat - advice needed on 15:13 - Oct 10 by SaleAway

Move more, consume less.

Its a simple formula. Exactly how you achieve that depends on your lifestyle, but also what you enjoy. DOn't just do Cardio stuff, try and lift some weights, even if its just bodyweight exercises. The more muscle you have, the more energy you burn.

AS others have said cheap carbs are bad. Try to cut down the snacks, reduce all your portion sizes by 10% immediately ( if you don't measure things like pasta and rice when you cook, start measuring now).

Fundamentally though, commit to making lots of small changes that will improve your day to day energy balance. You want to be doing stuff that isn't awful, otherwise you'll never stick to it. Set achievable goals. losing anything more than about 0.5-1kg a week on average is probably unsustainable... ( your body will start to worry that its not getting enough energy). That is a calorie deficit of between ~4000-8000 calories per week. Pretty hard to do that on exercise alone, so you have to reduce the intake.

good luck.

100%. It is as simple as that.

Calories Burned > Calories Eaten = Weight Loss
unfit and fat - advice needed on 20:10 - Oct 10 with 458 viewsOldsmoker

Stuart didn't specifically ask for advice on slimming or getting fit, yet you've all piled in giving him tips on how to eat healthy.
He says he loves Kebabs and everyones advice says to give them up.

My advice is that if you have a partner then why bother - just enjoy who you are.
If you don't have a partner, but still want one, then there are a lot of chubby chasers out there.
If you just want to live a happy life then keep on supporting Town 'cos right now it's brilliant.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

unfit and fat - advice needed on 21:30 - Oct 10 with 434 viewsPendejo

Start of lockdown I was 110 kgs, decided to do 10,000 steps everyday, didn't drink alcohol for ages, cut out take aways, applied to join BTP was accepted so upped my exercise for down to 91 kgs, but bottled it and took a much higher paid job office job.

Have put some back on but still under 100 kgs. Should have followed thru with joining BTP.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

unfit and fat - advice needed on 23:03 - Oct 10 with 402 viewsClareBlue

Support Forest Green and get dropped off at the bottom of that fecking hill every saturday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024