Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) 15:54 - Oct 7 with 3254 viewsHipsterectomy

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2027 viewsSitfcB

Won’t somebody think of the homeless!?!

This was announced a few months back it would be happening but no doubt someone will moan.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1938 viewsFrimleyBlue

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 15:58 - Oct 7 by SitfcB

This was announced a few months back it would be happening but no doubt someone will moan.

If someone prefers to use cash of course they'll moan. More and more companies are doing it so its no shock but I don't feel its right that people's choice of payment us taken away.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 16:42 - Oct 7 with 1885 viewsKropotkin123

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 16:17 - Oct 7 by FrimleyBlue

If someone prefers to use cash of course they'll moan. More and more companies are doing it so its no shock but I don't feel its right that people's choice of payment us taken away.

I thought cash users love change

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:17 - Oct 7 with 1812 viewsPippin1970

Obviously the way it's going but I detest contactless payment. I'm old school with pin number.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:23 - Oct 7 with 1791 viewsMattinLondon

The club wouldn’t have just implemented this just for the sake of it. They would have looked into how many people used cash or didn’t and concluded that it’s not worth their time keeping cash on the premises. Ultimately it’s their business decision what form of payment they choose to accept.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:26 - Oct 7 with 1779 viewsRyorry

And what about under-18s - does it mean they won't be able to buy anything independently of parent/guardian?
(general question, not asking you specifically, Frimmers).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:28 - Oct 7 with 1768 viewsFrimleyBlue

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:26 - Oct 7 by Ryorry

And what about under-18s - does it mean they won't be able to buy anything independently of parent/guardian?

Appears to be. Shame for kids with Xmas or birthday money etc.

Waka waka eh eh

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:31 - Oct 7 with 1772 viewsMattinLondon

U18s can get cards which parents can top up or which they (the U18) can go into a bank and top-up using cash. A bit like a debit card but not needing a bank account.
Login to get fewer ads

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:32 - Oct 7 with 1761 viewsFrimleyBlue

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:23 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

The club wouldn’t have just implemented this just for the sake of it. They would have looked into how many people used cash or didn’t and concluded that it’s not worth their time keeping cash on the premises. Ultimately it’s their business decision what form of payment they choose to accept.

Of course and I accepted that when I said following others that have done it. But as a whole I think it's generally wrong to take away a person's choice and wrong to cast aside a certain demographic.

Its the way of the world tho so it's something we are all going to have to get used to. Buses here are no longer giving any change.. requesting card payments only etc. Won't be long before they stop cash altogether.

Waka waka eh eh

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:39 - Oct 7 with 1754 viewsMattinLondon

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:32 - Oct 7 by FrimleyBlue

Of course and I accepted that when I said following others that have done it. But as a whole I think it's generally wrong to take away a person's choice and wrong to cast aside a certain demographic.

Its the way of the world tho so it's something we are all going to have to get used to. Buses here are no longer giving any change.. requesting card payments only etc. Won't be long before they stop cash altogether.

Despite all the recent moves towards going cashless - a trend hastened by Covid - I think we’re, as a society, decades away from going totally cashless.

Off-topic I was in Costa a couple of weeks ago and the fella behind me asked the lady behind the til if they accept cash. Seemed a bit odd to me to ask that despite a lot of businesses being cashless now but probably not odd to people under 25.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 7 with 1732 viewsRyorry

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:31 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

U18s can get cards which parents can top up or which they (the U18) can go into a bank and top-up using cash. A bit like a debit card but not needing a bank account.

Ah right, thanks 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 7 with 1740 viewsDJR

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:23 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

I reckon it's also got something to do with the speed of transactions, given the queues on match day. I suppose it's a bit like Brexit in reverse, given Eurotunnel have said the need to stamp passports has added 16 seconds to each passenger passing through passport control, which given the limited capacity at St Pancras has meant the need to reduce the number of trains.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 17:51]
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 1701 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s all well and good in practice but it nearly caused a riot at Hillsborough last month when one of the terminals went down at half time and sone jobsworth told people who had been queueing fir ten minutes to go to the back of another long queue.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:04 - Oct 7 with 1687 viewsDJR

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:31 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

Not as much fun as getting a fiver from Granny, and they seem only to be available for a fee. But I suppose there's no alternative.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 18:09]
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:11 - Oct 7 with 1680 viewsgtsb1966

Be interesting to see who carries cash on here. Since covid I haven't used cash for anything apart from takeaways. I don't carry it anymore.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:15 - Oct 7 with 1660 viewsDJR

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:11 - Oct 7 by gtsb1966

Be interesting to see who carries cash on here. Since covid I haven't used cash for anything apart from takeaways. I don't carry it anymore.

Me neither, but I do tend to think that having cash makes it easier for you to control your spending. And I think I read recently that the cost of living crisis has increased the use of cash for this reason.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:16 - Oct 7 with 1655 viewsMiaow

I didn't quite realise the programme kiosks (or some of them) were cashless until Tuesday evening.

Seems weird to not pay for a programme with cash, but I suppose everything is going that way.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:22 - Oct 7 with 1642 viewsMattinLondon

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:04 - Oct 7 by DJR

Not as much fun as getting a fiver from Granny, and they seem only to be available for a fee. But I suppose there's no alternative.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 18:09]

I can understand why cash looks more appealing than simply having money topped up on a card. But I’m a fortysomething bloke. If I were a kid then maybe I’ll be if the mindset that cash is a bit of a pain. That I can’t spend it online and that I actually have to go to a shop.
Pool table and jukebox, innit. (n/t) on 18:24 - Oct 7 with 1638 viewsBloots

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:11 - Oct 7 by gtsb1966

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:31 - Oct 7 with 1618 viewsMediocre_Quick

Everybody is moaning, and I'm having fun with the moans on Facebook, it's hilarious how many of these people think it's a government scheme to control us all and turn us into some form of obedient robots...
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:58 - Oct 7 with 1581 viewsMattinLondon

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:31 - Oct 7 by Mediocre_Quick

Everybody is moaning, and I'm having fun with the moans on Facebook, it's hilarious how many of these people think it's a government scheme to control us all and turn us into some form of obedient robots...

Er, if they don’t want organisations or governments to control or ‘know’ about them - why are they even on Facebook in the first place?
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 19:08 - Oct 7 with 1558 viewsDJR

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 18:22 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

I can understand why cash looks more appealing than simply having money topped up on a card. But I’m a fortysomething bloke. If I were a kid then maybe I’ll be if the mindset that cash is a bit of a pain. That I can’t spend it online and that I actually have to go to a shop.

Fair point. Time has moved on since we were young, and there's no real point harking back.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 1540 viewsTractorgirlforever

Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 17:39 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

Despite all the recent moves towards going cashless - a trend hastened by Covid - I think we’re, as a society, decades away from going totally cashless.

Off-topic I was in Costa a couple of weeks ago and the fella behind me asked the lady behind the til if they accept cash. Seemed a bit odd to me to ask that despite a lot of businesses being cashless now but probably not odd to people under 25.

I always feel guilty using cash nowfays!. Pre covid i felt guilty using my card for a small amount, some shops had a £5 minimum spend for using a card but it seems times have changed.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 20:36 - Oct 7 with 1431 viewsStewart27

My teenage daughter has a cash card.
Planet blue to be cashless only (n/t) on 21:58 - Oct 7 with 1366 viewsBloomBlue

Depends the reason for it. I previously used a pub in London and the landlord went down the cashless route because he wanted to kept the worthless (his words not mine) out of the pub. Whereas he said if he had put a sign on the door saying tramps, down 'n' outs, beggars not allowed in he would have the liberals outside with banners claiming he was breaking the law. But going cashless meant it gave him the option of basically preventing them from entering by putting a sign up saying this pub doesnt accept cash without breaking the law because they only have cash and it was the only reason he went cashless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024