Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. 23:16 - Oct 21 with 3283 viewsbrazil1981

From my seat in the upper Cobbold anyway, we’ll done SBR lower!

How did it come across on Sky those that were watching at home?
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:23 - Oct 21 with 3208 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It came across as a fantastic atmosphere. Well done to all those who made the atmosphere. Fantastic advert for League 1 and ITFC.

Poll: would you rather

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:31 - Oct 21 with 3141 viewsNthQldITFC

Very good at times, with some quieter interludes before we scored when you could taste the tension rising!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:42 - Oct 21 with 3070 viewsUB9Blue

I thought both sets of supporters were really good despite some of the footy.
28'000 for a league one game on a Friday night os well impressive
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:53 - Oct 21 with 3023 viewsN2_Blue

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:42 - Oct 21 by UB9Blue

I thought both sets of supporters were really good despite some of the footy.
28'000 for a league one game on a Friday night os well impressive

It is. Even the budgies are begrudgingly giving some kudos to our attendances on some forums. They are getting concerned that there is a momentum shift beginning to manifest itself... rightly so!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 2995 viewsDinDjarin

Really, first half all I could hear was Derby from West Stand.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 00:34 - Oct 22 with 2870 viewsArnieM

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:53 - Oct 21 by N2_Blue

It is. Even the budgies are begrudgingly giving some kudos to our attendances on some forums. They are getting concerned that there is a momentum shift beginning to manifest itself... rightly so!

Lol I’ve been trying to tell a few budgies on FB that we’re on our way back … all they say is “ it’s big wheel and it turns slowly “… toss as .

They may indeed need to be nervously looking over their shoulders at us now, because we will soon be passing they by, on our way up!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 0:35]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 00:56 - Oct 22 with 2783 viewsbournemouthblue

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 00:34 - Oct 22 by ArnieM

Lol I’ve been trying to tell a few budgies on FB that we’re on our way back … all they say is “ it’s big wheel and it turns slowly “… toss as .

They may indeed need to be nervously looking over their shoulders at us now, because we will soon be passing they by, on our way up!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 0:35]

Firstly we want to get back to playing them regularly before worrying about passing them by, nice as that would be and hopefully that's sooner than we expect

A lot of Championship sides will come and attempt to do what Derby did tonight and they'll have a bit more quality than that too, they looked more capable than any one we have had so far but probably lack a system of play currently, Warne will sort that out

They'll definitely be a threat once he can work out a system for them, there's some decent players in there

I thought Cashin looked handy, imagine him where Edmundson plays, that would balance us out!

I felt we adapted to them gradually and gradually worked some openings

We seemed to be a bit more conservative tonight, perhaps deliberately, far less zipping it about the back

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:08 - Oct 22 with 2533 viewsbrazil1981

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:54 - Oct 21 by DinDjarin

Must be acoustics etc of where my seat was compared to tv microphones! Despite being other end of Cobbold upper I hardly heard the Derby fans, however SBR sounded very loud!
Login to get fewer ads

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:22 - Oct 22 with 2471 viewsallezlesbleus

The first 20 or so minutes sounded really loud on Sky......absolutely electric and reminiscent of evening matches in the good old days. But it the quietened down and we could even hear "football in a library" from the Derby fans before half-time.

Great result and such a relief to win on TV again.

Weekends are so much more enjoyable now we are playing well and winning more regularly. Especially pleasing to see us winning games like Morecambe and last night, which wouldn't have happened in previous years.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:42 - Oct 22 with 2365 viewsRob88

Honestly, I could only hear the Derby fans for the most part.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:59 - Oct 22 with 2284 viewsAlanG296

At my seat in back row SBR upper, I thought it was the loudest it's been for a long while, I did hear the away fans occasionally but that's normal. What you hear in the ground will vary according to where you sit, but if you're not in the ground you just hear what the media wants you to hear.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 09:05 - Oct 22 with 2261 viewsDBaldy

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:42 - Oct 22 by Rob88

LOL so all that noise in the last 20 minutes was from the Derby fans?
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 2175 viewsStewart27

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:42 - Oct 22 by Rob88

I was middle of the west stand and could hear both. Thought the SBR was brilliant last night - well done all.

My son was a mascot and we got upgraded to posh seats through an admin error, but we missed our little block J as we always get the SBR atmosphere!

I was actually a little disappointed in Derby not selling their allocation. I guess I’m just used to our amazing away support nowadays. What is it, 1700 for Port Vale?
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 14:33 - Oct 22 with 1976 viewsSawtrich

It sounded like a fantastic atmosphere on Sky, had a real 'big game' feel to it.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 14:47 - Oct 22 with 1924 viewsDavoIPB

Lots of noise to start but very quiet after 20mins. Could only hear Derby fans until we scored.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:24 - Oct 23 with 1662 viewsDinDjarin

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 08:08 - Oct 22 by brazil1981

Must be acoustics etc of where my seat was compared to tv microphones! Despite being other end of Cobbold upper I hardly heard the Derby fans, however SBR sounded very loud!

Yep acoustics is shiiite. Am pretty much dead opposite away fans so get the full frontal and Derby were loud. Can here the North but the distance obviously dampens the sound.
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:27 - Oct 23 with 1653 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:24 - Oct 23 by DinDjarin

Yep acoustics is shiiite. Am pretty much dead opposite away fans so get the full frontal and Derby were loud. Can here the North but the distance obviously dampens the sound.

It did seem odd when they sang football in a library. I guess they didn't hear the chanting immediately before it. They then spent the second half echoing every chant we did as if they had run out of their own.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:34 - Oct 23 with 1611 viewsGeoffSentence

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 23:54 - Oct 21 by DinDjarin

Funny thing, I am in the SARL right near the Derby fans and actually thought they were quite quiet, whereas the North stand could be heard loud and clear.

Must be an phenomenom of the acoustics in different parts of the ground.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 15:25 - Oct 24 with 1370 viewsSamWhiteUK

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 09:35 - Oct 22 by Stewart27

I was middle of the west stand and could hear both. Thought the SBR was brilliant last night - well done all.

My son was a mascot and we got upgraded to posh seats through an admin error, but we missed our little block J as we always get the SBR atmosphere!

I was actually a little disappointed in Derby not selling their allocation. I guess I’m just used to our amazing away support nowadays. What is it, 1700 for Port Vale?

To be fair to them, it was moved to a Friday night
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:15 - Oct 24 with 1218 viewsHciwspi

Block F Magnus and we just heard Derby all night. Noise from the north doesn’t seem to reach us very much. Every single match this season we’ve heard “your support is effing sh1t” and “ football in a library”
Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:42 - Oct 24 with 1155 viewsAlanG296

Thought atmosphere & noise was fantastic tonight. on 21:15 - Oct 24 by Hciwspi

Block F Magnus and we just heard Derby all night. Noise from the north doesn’t seem to reach us very much. Every single match this season we’ve heard “your support is effing sh1t” and “ football in a library”

To be fair in block f the away fans are singing in your direction
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024