Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton 18:36 - Oct 29 with 2902 viewsBlue_Armee

He’s been brilliant this season but that result was down to his mistakes when we needed him

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Walton on 18:37 - Oct 29 with 2876 viewspointofblue

To an extent, though should we have allowed so many shots on goal, especially at 4-2?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Walton on 18:42 - Oct 29 with 2840 viewsBlue_Armee

Walton on 18:37 - Oct 29 by pointofblue

To an extent, though should we have allowed so many shots on goal, especially at 4-2?

Agreed. But he has dealt with shots coming into him so much better than today All season. He is allowed a bad game but a bit soar at the moment

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Walton on 18:53 - Oct 29 with 2777 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Not sure how anyone can argue with this. Spilled one, didn’t hold one then the last header looked like it was very soft and straight over his head. Needs more help from his defenders, but arguably his poorest game for us and that’s just a fact.
Walton on 18:58 - Oct 29 with 2739 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Walton on 18:53 - Oct 29 by Matt_Netherlands

Not sure how anyone can argue with this. Spilled one, didn’t hold one then the last header looked like it was very soft and straight over his head. Needs more help from his defenders, but arguably his poorest game for us and that’s just a fact.

2nd poorest

His debut

Otherwise he's been solid and it's just unfortunate when a goalie has a sub par game, it's magnified as no-one else to mop up usually
Walton on 19:06 - Oct 29 with 2667 viewsLeoMuff

Still not sure how he concedes the 4th, the 2nd he will be very disappointed with.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Walton on 21:20 - Oct 29 with 2467 viewsDavoIPB

Walton on 19:06 - Oct 29 by LeoMuff

Still not sure how he concedes the 4th, the 2nd he will be very disappointed with.

Second was actually better save than what I first thought. No idea what has doing for the fourth. Seemed to go over him when he was on his line. He only has to stick his arm in the air to reach his cross bar.
Walton on 21:21 - Oct 29 with 2446 viewsFrimleyBlue

Isn't he playing with a broken thumb at the moment?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Walton on 21:22 - Oct 29 with 2451 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, a very poor performance from him from his first touch of the ball where he gifted it to Stockley

Hopefully he goes back to his usual incredibly high standard next week and stays there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Walton on 21:47 - Oct 29 with 2349 viewsPJH

Walton on 21:22 - Oct 29 by itfcjoe

Yep, a very poor performance from him from his first touch of the ball where he gifted it to Stockley

Hopefully he goes back to his usual incredibly high standard next week and stays there

He has probably got two weeks until his next game because I doubt if he will play in the F.A. Cup game.

He was very poor today based on his usual level.

As you say, he was lucky not to give a goal away with that early kick straight to Stockley.
Walton on 21:50 - Oct 29 with 2321 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton on 21:22 - Oct 29 by itfcjoe

Indeed. Not least because I think cover for him is one of our squad's few weaknesses.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton on 21:53 - Oct 29 with 2304 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Walton on 19:06 - Oct 29 by LeoMuff

I’m convinced if he stands still or jumps straight up without diving, he catches it and game over
Walton on 22:07 - Oct 29 with 2237 viewsDJR

Walton on 21:53 - Oct 29 by Matt_Netherlands

I’m convinced if he stands still or jumps straight up without diving, he catches it and game over

It looks to me like it looped over him and there wasn't much he could do about it, so I would only put him at fault for the second goal.
Walton on 22:17 - Oct 29 with 2186 viewsitfcjoe

Walton on 22:07 - Oct 29 by DJR

It looks to me like it looped over him and there wasn't much he could do about it, so I would only put him at fault for the second goal.

He half comes for it and then ends up in absolute no man’s land

Walton on 22:21 - Oct 29 with 2154 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton on 22:07 - Oct 29 by DJR

Been a few crosses recently where he's looked hesitant to come for the ball and on this one watching it back, he starts to come then goes back.

Waka waka eh eh

Walton on 22:23 - Oct 29 with 2141 viewsDJR

Walton on 22:21 - Oct 29 by FrimleyBlue

Been a few crosses recently where he's looked hesitant to come for the ball and on this one watching it back, he starts to come then goes back.

I agree that he hasn't look his commanding self these last few games.
Walton on 22:25 - Oct 29 with 2121 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton on 22:23 - Oct 29 by DJR

I agree that he hasn't look his commanding self these last few games.

Got to be connected to his injury hasn't it? Hesitant to claim balls due to risk to hurting his thumb more? It's only really happened since he's been wearing the brace.

Waka waka eh eh

Walton on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 2103 viewsChrisd

The man has been a hugely consistent performer since we’ve signed him. Yes, he made a couple of costly errors today, but in his position it’s the nature of the beast. He’s still got plenty in the bank for me, I don’t feel we need to worry too much about him - he’s shown he’s a quality operator.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton on 22:29 - Oct 29 with 2092 viewsLankHenners

Walton on 22:17 - Oct 29 by itfcjoe

He half comes for it and then ends up in absolute no man’s land

Those ones always look so bad (and they are!) as if he just stays where he is it's an easy catch and we win the game.

With regards to the OP I wouldn't go as far to say he's totally culpable for today's result but he had a rotter. Haven't seen the 2nd back but looked at the time like a comfortable save he somehow spilled out straight back to them, reminded me of the one he conceded at Bolton last season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Walton on 22:29 - Oct 29 with 2086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton on 22:27 - Oct 29 by Chrisd

The man has been a hugely consistent performer since we’ve signed him. Yes, he made a couple of costly errors today, but in his position it’s the nature of the beast. He’s still got plenty in the bank for me, I don’t feel we need to worry too much about him - he’s shown he’s a quality operator.

Strangely tho.. and not something we've really noticed as he does come across as a bloody good gk.. but he's one of poorest stats on shots saved from attempts at his goal..( saw on twitter the other day) Cooper of Plymouth was the best.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 22:31]

Waka waka eh eh

Walton on 22:36 - Oct 29 with 2047 viewsWonky

Whole defence to blame. The previous cool authority for the moment seems to have gone. We'll be back to clean sheets soon enough.
Walton on 23:37 - Oct 29 with 1897 viewsChrisd

Walton on 22:29 - Oct 29 by FrimleyBlue

Strangely tho.. and not something we've really noticed as he does come across as a bloody good gk.. but he's one of poorest stats on shots saved from attempts at his goal..( saw on twitter the other day) Cooper of Plymouth was the best.

Shot saving is one part of goalkeeping, what he’s shown is he does many things to a very good standard. I think sometimes we are all too focused on stats and should just watch how players play and trust our own judgement. I’ve watched him a few times and he does things in a calm and an assured way. When he has games like today, he’s been so consistent, there is a big drop off because you simply don’t expect it from him and that speaks volumes about his standards and level of performance.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton on 00:03 - Oct 30 with 1836 viewsRocky

Walton on 22:29 - Oct 29 by FrimleyBlue

Michael Cooper of Plymouth is only 21 and is probably the reason Plymouth are top. He will be in the Prem next season.
Walton is an excellent keeper and the best we've had for a long, long time.
I think the early mistake Walton made that gifted Charlton an easy chance played on his mind and he looked nervy afterwards. But failing to win basic headers at the back post was really our undoing.
Walton on 00:16 - Oct 30 with 1785 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I like Walton, he’s exceptional at coming to claim the ball, his kicking is improving.

But he doesn’t really have lots of saves to make, so when people say he’s an excellent shot stopper, what are basing it on. Not a criticism cause it’s not his fault but he’s never really that busy.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Walton on 06:55 - Oct 30 with 1528 viewsitfcjoe

Walton on 23:37 - Oct 29 by Chrisd

Shot saving is one part of goalkeeping, what he’s shown is he does many things to a very good standard. I think sometimes we are all too focused on stats and should just watch how players play and trust our own judgement. I’ve watched him a few times and he does things in a calm and an assured way. When he has games like today, he’s been so consistent, there is a big drop off because you simply don’t expect it from him and that speaks volumes about his standards and level of performance.

Yep, done need numbers to show how great a keeper he has been for us - he does everything very well and defence clearly totally trust him. He had a bad game in nearly all facets today, he’ll know that and will no doubt be back to normal high standards next week and we move on. He’s earned a bad game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024