Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match 17:53 - Dec 26 with 2607 viewsMiaow

Why do they have to spend such a large amount of time talking about the local non-League sides after the game? I appreciate that people are interested and that they have good coverage of those teams, but seeing as Town are the main event and also the only professional club in the county can’t we have a bit more ITFC discussion? No offence, but I don’t want to hear Darren Eadie talking about Leiston.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 18:00 - Dec 26 with 2517 viewsBlueBadger

A local radio station covering local things? Imagine that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 18:05 - Dec 26 with 2459 viewsMiaow

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 18:00 - Dec 26 by BlueBadger

A local radio station covering local things? Imagine that.

Maybe I just felt like finding something minimal to moan about after we had won. Plus, didn’t help that I missed all of the ITFC chat on the walk back to the car. But it does feel like they give a sizeable amount of time to covering those teams when Ipswich are surely the reason that the vast majority of people are tuning in.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 19:12 - Dec 26 with 2238 viewsAlanG296

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 18:05 - Dec 26 by Miaow

Maybe I just felt like finding something minimal to moan about after we had won. Plus, didn’t help that I missed all of the ITFC chat on the walk back to the car. But it does feel like they give a sizeable amount of time to covering those teams when Ipswich are surely the reason that the vast majority of people are tuning in.

They did say a couple of times that they were hoping to speak to Lee Evans before they finished but that didn't happen so they filled the time with non-league.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 19:13]
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 19:27 - Dec 26 with 2130 viewsLeistonBlue

I love nothing more than listening to Darren Eadie discussing Leiston
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 20:06 - Dec 26 with 2026 viewsTexacoCup

I bought a little DAB radio at the beginning of the season - I listen to all the after-match chat on the way to the car, money well spent !
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 21:49 - Dec 26 with 1840 viewsDJR

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 18:05 - Dec 26 by Miaow

They didn't have any callers today, and didn't seem to have much in the way of texts, so that may explain the fact there was slightly less discussion than normal, although Graham Mac still interviewed Mick Mills for some time.

If you have BBC Sounds on your phone you can wind the post match programme back to the beginning when you get to your car. That's what I always do because I don't get to my car until around 5.25.

EDIT: Of course, you will need Bluetooth on your car radio in order to listen as you drive home.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 9:05]
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:17 - Dec 27 with 1513 viewsSharkey

On the whole, Town are pretty lucky to have a radio station pretty much devoted only to the one club.it’s quite an unusual and privileged position.
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:24 - Dec 27 with 1473 viewsEly_Blue

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:17 - Dec 27 by Sharkey

On the whole, Town are pretty lucky to have a radio station pretty much devoted only to the one club.it’s quite an unusual and privileged position.

Radio Norfolk…………..

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:54 - Dec 27 with 1421 viewsSharkey

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:24 - Dec 27 by Ely_Blue

Radio Norfolk…………..

Yes, similarly blessed. At the other end of the scale, go to Radio Lancashire and see how much time they’re able to spend on Blackpool, let alone Fleetwood or Morecambe.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 8:56]
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 09:20 - Dec 27 with 1351 viewsNthQldITFC

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:24 - Dec 27 by Ely_Blue

Radio Norfolk…………..

Norfolk is also unusual, but in a different kind of way. It's all relative.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 10:04 - Dec 27 with 1246 viewsIpsRich

I suspect hardly anyone called up to give their views post match, rather limiting the ability to focus on ITFC?

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 10:12 - Dec 27 with 1184 viewsfabian_illness

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 09:20 - Dec 27 by NthQldITFC

Norfolk is also unusual, but in a different kind of way. It's all relative.

***Theyre all relatives.***

Last sentence correction.
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 10:18 - Dec 27 with 1162 viewsEly_Blue

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 08:54 - Dec 27 by Sharkey

Yes, similarly blessed. At the other end of the scale, go to Radio Lancashire and see how much time they’re able to spend on Blackpool, let alone Fleetwood or Morecambe.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 8:56]

Radio Kent, Radio Solent- Dorset just to name a couple of others

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 11:30 - Dec 27 with 1065 viewsSharkey

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 10:18 - Dec 27 by Ely_Blue

Radio Kent, Radio Solent- Dorset just to name a couple of others

I listened to Radio Kent yesterday. Just as Radio Essex (rightly) gives as much time to Southend as to Colchester, Kent gives time to Maidstone and Bromley, and then the three teams in the National south. Suffolk is weird in having no team at the fourth, fifth or sixth levels of English football.

(As discussed previously in other threads, I''m guessing most of us hope that plenty of Suffolk clubs could shift up a league or two.)
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 11:55]
BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 11:50 - Dec 27 with 997 viewsDJR

BBC Radio Suffolk post-match on 10:04 - Dec 27 by IpsRich

I suspect hardly anyone called up to give their views post match, rather limiting the ability to focus on ITFC?

Yep, that was the case yesterday. Normally Graham Mac interviews Mick Mills for a while, then the caller or callers may take things off in a different direction. Yesterday, there were no callers, and whilst Graham Mac interviewed Mick Mills for a bit longer than normal, there is a limit to how long such an interview can go on.

Incidentally, Mick Mills was glowing in his praise for the team, the players, the style of football and Kieran McKenna. For those who think he only moans, that hasn't been the case this season apart from the odd game where we haven't been at our best, and he has pointed it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024