Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We gained a supporter yesterday 08:41 - Dec 27 with 2405 viewsDubtractor

I took a spurs supporting (from Cornwall so had limited options as a kid!) mate yesterday as one of our ST group couldn't make it.

He enjoyed the game so much that he went home and bought a mini ST for the seat next to me. He was genuinely impressed, almost surprised, by the quality of football we played considering we're in league 1. Burns and Harness particularly stood out for him, but he was impressed by pretty much everything we did.

We really are a very good team right now, and I think we need to start believing it and not get too stressed when occasional games don't go our way.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We gained a supporter yesterday on 08:50 - Dec 27 with 2298 viewsDarth_Koont

Good to hear. And good work!

Did you give him the “value of your investment can go down as well as up” spiel? Or do you want him hooked on expectation until it’s too late to turn back?

Pronouns: He/Him

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:02 - Dec 27 with 2225 viewsDubtractor

We gained a supporter yesterday on 08:50 - Dec 27 by Darth_Koont

Good to hear. And good work!

Did you give him the “value of your investment can go down as well as up” spiel? Or do you want him hooked on expectation until it’s too late to turn back?

To be honest, he has spent the last 15 years or so taking the p1ss out of me* for how crap we are, so he's well aware the disappointment is as likely as euphoria!

*I have, repeatedly, pointed out that we've won the league more recently than Spurs.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:10 - Dec 27 with 2152 viewsDarth_Koont

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:02 - Dec 27 by Dubtractor

To be honest, he has spent the last 15 years or so taking the p1ss out of me* for how crap we are, so he's well aware the disappointment is as likely as euphoria!

*I have, repeatedly, pointed out that we've won the league more recently than Spurs.

Glad he has the right context.

I started supporting Ipswich around 80-81 as a glory-hunting child. Little realising that it was going to be downhill almost all the way for the next 40 years 😳

Pronouns: He/Him

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 1964 viewsFtnfwest

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:10 - Dec 27 by Darth_Koont

Glad he has the right context.

I started supporting Ipswich around 80-81 as a glory-hunting child. Little realising that it was going to be downhill almost all the way for the next 40 years 😳

Coming up for 50 years completed at about the end of Feb I think. I went through the ‘hard years’ of 1973-77 before the glory arrived. Thought it would always be like that….. hope you had a good Xmas Koont and all the best for the new year.
We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:45 - Dec 27 with 1945 viewsFixed_It

We have too many supporters willing to throw in the towel when things don't go our way. Wycombe away was a case in point - a game where we dominated but just didn't get the rub of the green in front of goal.
All the stats show that we are a top, top team at this level, and as a fanbase we need to 'trust the process'. Cream will always rise to the top over the course of a season.
Yesterday showed exactly what we are capable of. We will get promoted.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We gained a supporter yesterday on 10:13 - Dec 27 with 1818 viewsmonty_radio

We gained a supporter yesterday on 09:45 - Dec 27 by Fixed_It

We have too many supporters willing to throw in the towel when things don't go our way. Wycombe away was a case in point - a game where we dominated but just didn't get the rub of the green in front of goal.
All the stats show that we are a top, top team at this level, and as a fanbase we need to 'trust the process'. Cream will always rise to the top over the course of a season.
Yesterday showed exactly what we are capable of. We will get promoted.

Ah yes! Those "hard years" of 73-77 in the top tier when we were only able to finish 4th, 4th, 3rd, 6th and 3rd.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We gained a supporter yesterday on 10:25 - Dec 27 with 1739 viewsblueislander

We gained a supporter yesterday on 10:13 - Dec 27 by monty_radio

Ah yes! Those "hard years" of 73-77 in the top tier when we were only able to finish 4th, 4th, 3rd, 6th and 3rd.

And reached the FA Cup semi final for the first time.
We gained a supporter yesterday on 11:11 - Dec 27 with 1559 viewsfarkenhell

We gained a supporter yesterday on 10:25 - Dec 27 by blueislander

Please don't ruin my Christmas by reminding me of feckin Clive Thomas.

That b@stard nearly ruined my childhood!!
Login to get fewer ads

We gained a supporter yesterday on 11:28 - Dec 27 with 1450 viewswoodbridge_blue

We gained a supporter yesterday on 10:25 - Dec 27 by blueislander

And beat, amongst others, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Lazio and Feyenoord.
Great to hear; and this what you get from a good manager playing attractive…. on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 1403 viewsunstableblue

…. Football

It makes you want to go to PR again because the football on show is exciting and pleasing on the eye..

Not the rubbish we’ve had for a decade.

This is why we have 18,000 season tickets.

Was looking on Owlstalk and yes Sheff Weds have a similar PPG, but is the football good to watch, not really, hence the crowds aren’t ticking up, and despite winning fans leave unfulfilled.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We gained a supporter yesterday on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 1261 viewsTalkingBlues

For the ticket money involved, I doubt there's many other venues in the leagues providing a better all round experience than PR on matchdays currently.

Consistency is the key to winning titles and after 23 games, consistency is our middle name, with only the occasional hiccup, so promotion is undoubtedly there for the taking. If we get a couple of good additions through the door in January (seems likely) then it really is ours to throw away and unlike previous seasons, I simply don't see the possibility of any type of meltdown occurring under McKenna, quite the opposite in fact.

It really is a pleasure to be a supporter at the minute, something we've been robbed of for 2 generations of supporters!! let's revel in it whilst it's here.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024