Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Both managers agreed to call game off 17:42 - Jan 21 with 6784 viewsElderGrizzly

But too late!

[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 17:44]
Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 4354 viewsTrequartista

I've never heard of a result standing after 75 minutes if a match is abandoned - is that a law of the game?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:49 - Jan 21 with 4224 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:47 - Jan 21 by Trequartista

I've never heard of a result standing after 75 minutes if a match is abandoned - is that a law of the game?

And if that was the case, why did the ref only offer to call it off after 75? There is literally zero point in calling it off if the result stands.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:50 - Jan 21 with 4203 viewsScuzzer

When I was playing...I believe it was 85 minutes. Any young whippersnapper refs on here.

Established 1968

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 4158 viewsLankHenners

What a farce. You'd have thought the ref would have given them indication of that rule a bit before that, surely? Otherwise they pretty much have no choice but to play on as we would never agree to a point and I doubt Oxford would either.

Still, at least it quashes the weird suggestion from some that McKenna cost us the game by choosing to play on.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 4136 viewspointofblue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:49 - Jan 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

And if that was the case, why did the ref only offer to call it off after 75? There is literally zero point in calling it off if the result stands.

Pretty sure he spoke to the managers before the 75th minute too?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 4113 viewsstrikalite

No it's called sods law, everything seems to go against us, everything.
Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 4049 viewslazyblue

Yes, always been 75 and they should have agreed to call off before result stood and play another day when we would have been more up for it.
Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 4022 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 by pointofblue

Oh? You'd have been happy if McKenna had pulled them off on 55 minutes would you?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 3910 viewsStewart27

Did Bobby Madden manage to dislodge his whistle from the back of his throat before having a conversation with the 2 managers?
Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 3883 viewsDublinBlue84

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 by pointofblue

So basically what happened is he called the players over before the magical 75th minute, offering to call it off, in the knowledge that by the time the whole consultation process had finished, the result would have to stand?

That sounds like epic trolling to me, rather than the acts of a football referee if he did actually call them over just shy of 75 minutes.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 17:59]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 3872 viewspointofblue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

Oh? You'd have been happy if McKenna had pulled them off on 55 minutes would you?

Yes. Could see exactly where the game was heading even then.

Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 3824 viewsElderGrizzly

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’m not sure McKenna pulling anyone off is really the behaviour we’d expect.

Paul Jewell would have a DVD of it of course…
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 18:00]
Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 3789 viewspointofblue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:00 - Jan 21 by ElderGrizzly

I’m not sure McKenna pulling anyone off is really the behaviour we’d expect.

Paul Jewell would have a DVD of it of course…
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 18:00]

He'd have been fine. They all have problems shooting.

Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:03 - Jan 21 with 3696 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Clearly there is some kind of black magic curse upon us.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:07 - Jan 21 with 3594 viewsDanny_G

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 by lazyblue

Yes, always been 75 and they should have agreed to call off before result stood and play another day when we would have been more up for it.

What’s the basis for that? I can’t find anything in the IFAB, FA or Football League competition rules stating that the result stands after 75 minutes. I remember it happening on occasion but always by exception - e.g., the Battle of Bramall Lane was abandoned on 82 minutes but nothing was decided automatically - the Football League had to meet and decide that the result should stand.
Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:11 - Jan 21 with 3493 viewsChurchman

Same for both teams. You get what you deserve at the end of the day
Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 3378 viewsEastTownBlue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 by LankHenners

What a farce. You'd have thought the ref would have given them indication of that rule a bit before that, surely? Otherwise they pretty much have no choice but to play on as we would never agree to a point and I doubt Oxford would either.

Still, at least it quashes the weird suggestion from some that McKenna cost us the game by choosing to play on.

The potential for icy conditions to intervene in today’s match was always possible. Didn’t the club Secretary or whoever make McKenna aware of the rules of the competition?
Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 3152 viewsTrequartista

As i suspected, there's no such rule. The referee appears to have made it up.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 19:39 - Jan 21 with 2975 viewsWickets

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:53 - Jan 21 by lazyblue

Think KM has said there is no such rule although the Ref said there is .
Both managers agreed to call game off on 19:42 - Jan 21 with 2963 viewsDubtractor

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:51 - Jan 21 by LankHenners

I was prob one of those - clearly misread the body language that looked like he was keen to keep playing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 2731 viewsSwansea_Blue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 17:58 - Jan 21 by pointofblue

Yes. Could see exactly where the game was heading even then.

Could you? Lucky then as I couldn’t see a bloody thing!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:19 - Jan 21 with 2717 viewsSwansea_Blue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 18:53 - Jan 21 by Trequartista

As i suspected, there's no such rule. The referee appears to have made it up.

Oops ignore me. Got me timings wrong!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 22:20]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:23 - Jan 21 with 2694 viewsSam1819

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:19 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

Oops ignore me. Got me timings wrong!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 22:20]

There is no 75 minute rule.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11
Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 2622 viewspointofblue

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:15 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

Could you? Lucky then as I couldn’t see a bloody thing!

The camera moment was giving it away. Though, thinking about it, goodness knows how they were following it...

Both managers agreed to call game off on 22:46 - Jan 21 with 2515 viewscoolcat

Looks like the club is going to look into it, according to the latest news item. Remains to be seen what happens with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024