Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Mcguinness 08:52 - Jan 22 with 2588 viewsstevec7

We need Mark McGuinness to shore up our defence. Knows the club and has been solid for Sheffield Wednesday. I know we have new editions but our defence looks frail every game.
Mark Mcguinness on 09:13 - Jan 22 with 2474 viewspennblue

I was going to post the same. We need a championship quality central defence pairing

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Mark Mcguinness on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 2289 viewsStokieBlue

He would cost about 3m or 4m I would think.

Bring back Edmundson, go to a 3 with Edmundson and possibly Clarke with Wolf in the middle.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mark Mcguinness on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 2112 viewsLeoMuff

Mark Mcguinness on 10:32 - Jan 22 by StokieBlue

He would cost about 3m or 4m I would think.

Bring back Edmundson, go to a 3 with Edmundson and possibly Clarke with Wolf in the middle.

SB

Indeed, maybe time for a return

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mark Mcguinness on 13:48 - Jan 22 with 2084 viewsStewart27

No.

We need to make use of the incredibly talented squad we have.

Starting with bringing Fridge back. That defence kept record clean sheets last season and him not playing has coincided with our demise this season.
Mark Mcguinness on 13:56 - Jan 22 with 2059 viewsDJR

Is he really the finished article now? He was certainly rather raw when he played for us and prone to making mistakes especially by being a bit too rash.
Mark Mcguinness on 14:11 - Jan 22 with 1992 viewspointofblue

Mark Mcguinness on 13:48 - Jan 22 by Stewart27

No.

We need to make use of the incredibly talented squad we have.

Starting with bringing Fridge back. That defence kept record clean sheets last season and him not playing has coincided with our demise this season.

He played in the 3-2 win at Port Vale. He played in the 4-4 draw at Charlton. He started against Portsmouth (2 conceded), Plymouth (2), Wednesday (2), Barnsley (2), Cheltenham (1), Lincoln (1) Forest Green (1) and Bolton (1). That's ten games, 18 conceded at a rate of just under two a game.

Obviously he was there for clean sheets as well - MK Dons, Burton (somehow), Cambridge, Derby - but there was a reason he was dropped in the first place.

I'm happy for Edmundson for return. Actually, I agree it should happen. But it's not a case that him not playing has resulted in us leaking like a sieve. Indeed, in the league since he was dropped we have conceded 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 - nine from ten.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Mcguinness on 15:42 - Jan 22 with 1827 viewsxrayspecs

Is that the Mark McGuiness who has played for both Cardiff and Sheffield Weds this season, so can not play for a third club?
Mark Mcguinness on 15:46 - Jan 22 with 1801 viewsJuggsy

Mark Mcguinness on 15:42 - Jan 22 by xrayspecs

Is that the Mark McGuiness who has played for both Cardiff and Sheffield Weds this season, so can not play for a third club?

If it was a loan yes
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Mcguinness on 16:16 - Jan 22 with 1706 viewsxrayspecs

Mark Mcguinness on 15:46 - Jan 22 by Juggsy

If it was a loan yes

A player can only play for two clubs in a given season. It is why Morgan Whittaker could only sign for Plymouth if Swansea played him in their team.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 16:30]
Mark Mcguinness on 16:19 - Jan 22 with 1691 viewsWickets

I really like McGuinness but at the moment feel a more experienced leader is needed not a CB who is still learning his trade and not a CB who is past his best . Obviously easier said than done and we would need to shed at least one maybe two players so a lot of hard work for Ashton before the window closes. Might happen in the next window I suppose .
Mark Mcguinness on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 1558 viewsMullet

"Knows the club"? Hmmm

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mark Mcguinness on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 1559 views66notout

Mark Mcguinness on 14:11 - Jan 22 by pointofblue

He played in the 3-2 win at Port Vale. He played in the 4-4 draw at Charlton. He started against Portsmouth (2 conceded), Plymouth (2), Wednesday (2), Barnsley (2), Cheltenham (1), Lincoln (1) Forest Green (1) and Bolton (1). That's ten games, 18 conceded at a rate of just under two a game.

Obviously he was there for clean sheets as well - MK Dons, Burton (somehow), Cambridge, Derby - but there was a reason he was dropped in the first place.

I'm happy for Edmundson for return. Actually, I agree it should happen. But it's not a case that him not playing has resulted in us leaking like a sieve. Indeed, in the league since he was dropped we have conceded 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 - nine from ten.

You need a new calculator.
Mark Mcguinness on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mark Mcguinness on 17:01 - Jan 22 by 66notout

You need a new calculator.

Rotherham cup match should not be included as Edmundson played.

That then makes it 9 from 9.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mark Mcguinness on 18:06 - Jan 22 with 1324 viewspointofblue

Mark Mcguinness on 17:46 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rotherham cup match should not be included as Edmundson played.

That then makes it 9 from 9.

That's where I went wrong with my maths! Thanks. Nine from nine in the league.

Exeter - 0
Fleetwood - 1
Peterborough - 1
Wycombe - 1
Oxford - 0
Portsmouth - 2
Lincoln - 1
Plymouth - 1
Oxford - 2

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Mcguinness on 18:46 - Jan 22 with 1264 viewsWakh

Mark Mcguinness on 15:46 - Jan 22 by Juggsy

If it was a loan yes

? He can only play for two, and he has.
Mark Mcguinness on 23:08 - Jan 22 with 969 viewsStewart27

Mark Mcguinness on 14:11 - Jan 22 by pointofblue

So 18 conceded in 14 games where he’s started.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024