Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday 22:09 - Feb 9 with 2773 viewsunstableblue

Owls fans seem to be in agreement this will be their starting 11:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/317367-team-for-ipswich/

So no starters at all from Tuesday night. Albeit Palmer and Famewo came on second half

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 08:59 - Feb 10 with 2344 viewsBlueBlood90

I wouldn't swap our 11 for theirs.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 09:03 - Feb 10 with 2319 viewsiamipswich

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 08:59 - Feb 10 by BlueBlood90

I love our squad back to front. Think they're a really likeable bunch and clearly great footballers. But there's no getting away from the fact that their 11 can string 5 wins on the bounce and ours seemingly can't. So I probably. Sorry if controversial.

Poll: Who will return first?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 2182 viewsMaySixth

The world shrugs.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 14:44 - Feb 10 with 1849 viewsMcCall

McKenna needs to get this right, it's a huge game and our form is not great, we could be 5th on Saturday evening.

Not been impressed with some of his calls of late. Let's hope we can get the result we need to get.back on track.
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 1783 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bannan would be quite handy no?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 15:36 - Feb 10 with 1679 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 09:03 - Feb 10 by iamipswich

I love our squad back to front. Think they're a really likeable bunch and clearly great footballers. But there's no getting away from the fact that their 11 can string 5 wins on the bounce and ours seemingly can't. So I probably. Sorry if controversial.

I suspect you'd take their centre backs, Bannan and Windass?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 16:15 - Feb 10 with 1547 viewspennblue

It does not matter what side they put out, IF we are on our game we will win.

The question really is what sort of performance will we see tomorrow.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1468 viewsBLUEGOLD

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 16:15 - Feb 10 by pennblue

It does not matter what side they put out, IF we are on our game we will win.

The question really is what sort of performance will we see tomorrow.

We haven’t been on our game for weeks though.

I’d be very surprised if we win.

Wednesday are 5/2 at the moment which looks good value
Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 16:48 - Feb 10 with 1443 viewsBOBD

Maybe not individually, however - The Wednesday XI, like most teams doing well, currently has a great balance to it!

All of their back three are physically strong. I know Flint is a new addition but he’s in the middle and at 6’5” is probably as strong as anybody in the division in the air. Furthermore, either side of him, Famewo and Iorfa are two of the fastest defenders. So they’re not vulnerable in the air and they’re not vulnerable to pace - which probably explains why they’ve only conceded 18 goals all season.

Palmer and Johnson at wing back have played nearly all their career in The Championship but at 31 & 32 haven’t yet lost their legs.

Vaulks is another 6 footer that protects the defence. Byers and Bannan provide the guile (and both score goals).

Upfront they have the creativity of Windass and big target man in Smith.

Also, they know what their best XI is, this only happens in teams doing well that have struck a great balance.

So whilst individually, you may not swap their XI, do not underestimate their TEAM.
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:52 - Feb 10 with 1083 viewsrgp1

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 16:48 - Feb 10 by BOBD

Maybe not individually, however - The Wednesday XI, like most teams doing well, currently has a great balance to it!

All of their back three are physically strong. I know Flint is a new addition but he’s in the middle and at 6’5” is probably as strong as anybody in the division in the air. Furthermore, either side of him, Famewo and Iorfa are two of the fastest defenders. So they’re not vulnerable in the air and they’re not vulnerable to pace - which probably explains why they’ve only conceded 18 goals all season.

Palmer and Johnson at wing back have played nearly all their career in The Championship but at 31 & 32 haven’t yet lost their legs.

Vaulks is another 6 footer that protects the defence. Byers and Bannan provide the guile (and both score goals).

Upfront they have the creativity of Windass and big target man in Smith.

Also, they know what their best XI is, this only happens in teams doing well that have struck a great balance.

So whilst individually, you may not swap their XI, do not underestimate their TEAM.

We are going to have to match up flint with burgess if he plays. Especially from set pieces. Flint scored a couple of headers for brizzle against us a few years back.
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:56 - Feb 10 with 1073 viewsBLUEGOLD

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:52 - Feb 10 by rgp1

We are going to have to match up flint with burgess if he plays. Especially from set pieces. Flint scored a couple of headers for brizzle against us a few years back.

We are particularly vulnerable to set piece crosses & they have lots of height in their side too.
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:58 - Feb 10 with 1054 viewsrgp1

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:56 - Feb 10 by BLUEGOLD

We are particularly vulnerable to set piece crosses & they have lots of height in their side too.

Agreed
Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 23:24 - Feb 10 with 985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Damn good team at this level.

A midfield three of Byers Vaulks and Bannan is as good as you will get at this level. Going to be a tough tough game.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 00:37 - Feb 11 with 897 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 22:56 - Feb 10 by BLUEGOLD

This is definitely an area Plymouth and Wednesday are stronger than us in and perhaps why they are better at dealing with some of the more non-league approach of the smaller sides

I've no doubt, very few sides in this league can match us in pure footballing terms
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 0:38]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sheff Weds starting 11 on Saturday on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 633 viewschicoazul

Weird how they’re so far above us then.
Anyway it doesn’t matter what team we select, we won’t win. We never win the big must win games.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024