Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... 08:29 - Feb 20 with 5410 viewsitfcjoe

....not everything came off for him but he really does give you both options of dropping in and holding the ball up and linking well with what is around him; plus the ability to switch that and get in behind and keep defenders honest and on their toes.

Get yourself a man who can do both, just a shame he didn't take one of the chances that dropped to him

But in these games where we get stuck in a low block I think his pace and runs in behind when the game breaks down sometimes will really help keep us moving and creating.

I'd personally be looking to ride the team we played on Saturday for a few weeks now, Humphreys will eventually drop out for one of Ball or Luongo but seems little rush to do that too quickly with the next couple of games we have

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 15:50 - Feb 20 with 881 viewsclive_baker

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 14:16 - Feb 20 by FrimleyBlue

Is it more influential?
Hirst and Broadhead only started 2 games together.
2 2 Wednesday
Saturday 4-0

Broadhead Chaplin ladapo Won 4-0.
1-1 cambridge.

Difference being ladapos scored in both games too.

Hirst looks a handy player. But he's a loan. We loaned a newly signed striker out to bring him in. If he signs in the summer great. But if he doesn't i find it an odd signing for January when we're building his minutes up to get him match fit. For him to wave bye in the summer.

We haven't brought him in to get his minutes up and wave goodbye. We've signed him to contribute to the next few months which are potentially massive for the club. As with most sensible loan deals it's win-win. His parent club get him regular football and potentially in the shop window and his loan club get a player that would've been out of reach or too high risk to sign permanently.

Ultimately KM is picking the sides he think have the best chance of winning the next game, with half an eye on the one after. There's little thinking beyond that and rightly so right now. I get the 'why develop someone elses player rhetoric' when there's an obvious pathway being blocked by someone with no real demonstrable step up in quality but that's really not the case with Hirst / Ahadme. And I'm not writing Ahadme off btw, I quite like the cut of his jib.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 16:20 - Feb 20 with 780 viewsunstableblue

Jeeze Joe I really am agreeing with everything you say at present - bang on

Hirst is a quality player, I agree it was such a shame his lob didn't work out, as he took the ball down so well - after a superb ball from Clarke

Do we think Hirst has been lined up now to join permanently in the summer, I hope so.

Again buying for the long term, not for immediate success, something we need to consider

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 672 viewsHighgateBlue

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 11:46 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

But we are in that position in reality - the best thing we can do is ensure we are at our best for the play offs now by getting a team settled for that and using what McK thinks will be our best players for then, now

We're no longer odds on for top two, and personally I don't think we'll make top two. But, it's far from a lost cause surely? Paddypower has us 11/10.

What impact that has on what striker we should pick, I don't know. KMac clearly seems to rate Hirst and as he gets more up to speed fitness-wise, I can only see him starting more regularly.
Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 18:31 - Feb 20 with 655 viewsibbleobble

But it needs to come off, those are the deciding factors between deals and no deals, promotion and no promotion. His movement is excellent and law of averages in our side says he’ll get chances. Law of averages also says in the games he’s played he’s spurning too many chances.

I’d start Ladapo and bring him off the bench when needed, that would seem the logical approach. Of course, whether he’s with us next season will depend on how the next 14 - 17 games go.
Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 18:36 - Feb 20 with 647 viewsPioneerBlue

He looked to be a little off early on but he’s improved, seems to be starting to find his role and others are understanding his game, and his fitness is looking better.

Looking forward to what he can bring in the run to promotion.

I’m not in the Hirst or Ladapo camp. We need two strikers (at least) and they both need to work hard, press high and often, and help the team to score goals. Of all the slots it is an area where rotation is expected in our system and to keep two decent strikers in form and happy.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 22:35 - Feb 20 with 548 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah, he looked great at the weekend.

Ladapo was the 2nd choice striker we pursued in the summer and he is and will continue to play a significant part of our potential success. Ladapo's control and contribution has improved a lot sinse coming here. But isn't an either or. The two of them being he should mean that either one of them can be rested or played for their strengths and get more goals and assists out of them over 90 mins, than just having one.

before people try and pull me up on "either/or".
- Either/or for one position = yes
- Either/or over 90 mins = no, we will often play them both over the course of 90.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 23:37 - Feb 20 with 499 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 12:33 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Is he going to score soon.

Wembley hattrick. Def info

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 04:22 - Feb 21 with 458 viewsArchiRob

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 11:46 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

But we are in that position in reality - the best thing we can do is ensure we are at our best for the play offs now by getting a team settled for that and using what McK thinks will be our best players for then, now

And then what? Are we sure we can buy him then and what would be the asking price for him assuming he wants to join us
The negative side is you marganlise a player currently on a good goal scoring form who shows improvement
Login to get fewer ads

Think you can see why we chased Hirst so much in that performance.... on 04:32 - Feb 21 with 454 viewsArchiRob

But are we? my head says automatic has gone but my heart still would love it and not at all confident of the playoffs (although Magiltons last minute Notlob equaliser in 2000 is still my favorite ITFC moment)
Would be gutted if we miss out if Plymouth slip up and we are not playing our most effective players and fail to capitalize.
But this is a hard managerial decision because as fans we can all apply hindsight.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 10:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024