Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Closing the gap on Plymouth 13:23 - Mar 15 with 1742 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Looking at Plymouth's run in I think our opportunities are one of the relegation teams forcing a draw away (Accrington or Morecambe) or Exeter City doing us a favour in the local derby match. Other than that they are facing mid-table teams with little to play for.

Set against that we really need to win the next four games, including three against play-off contenders, to stay in touch and have a chance to sneak ahead. Could maybe get away with one draw from those if Plymouth also drop points.

Finely balanced but we are going to need some luck to get in the top two.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:34 - Mar 15 with 1655 viewsBigCommon

We've got 10 games to chase down SW, which we'll be trying to do..A lot can happen in 5 or 6 games, as we've seen....Aim high, COYB.
Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:40 - Mar 15 with 1608 viewscressi

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:34 - Mar 15 by BigCommon

We've got 10 games to chase down SW, which we'll be trying to do..A lot can happen in 5 or 6 games, as we've seen....Aim high, COYB.

Be fine when we was in the championship pushing for promotion under Burley every Yr nothing got decided to 42 to 43 games in, also what comes for sides not going up or down is no pressure and can express themselves.
Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:53 - Mar 15 with 1530 viewsVic

No one is going to win their last 10 games are they. I guess it all comes down to the very simple matter of whether PAFC will drop 2 more points than us. It's very, very fine margins and could go either way.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:57 - Mar 15 with 1504 viewsle2blue

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:53 - Mar 15 by Vic

No one is going to win their last 10 games are they. I guess it all comes down to the very simple matter of whether PAFC will drop 2 more points than us. It's very, very fine margins and could go either way.

Agreed...although Sheffield Wednesday have just won 9 and drawn 1 (against us) of their last 10 league games. Would be nice if we could do something similar.
Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:58 - Mar 15 with 1502 viewsBiGDonnie

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:34 - Mar 15 by BigCommon

I'm still optimistically looking at Wednesday and top spot too. Next two are Bolton and Barnsley, could easily lose them both. I don't think they will but it's not impossible and far from over.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 14:56 - Mar 15 with 1226 viewscbower

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:58 - Mar 15 by BiGDonnie

I'm still optimistically looking at Wednesday and top spot too. Next two are Bolton and Barnsley, could easily lose them both. I don't think they will but it's not impossible and far from over.

Love that positivity BigD but realistically it might actually be better for us if Wednesday beat Barnsley wouldn't it?

bluescouser

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 15:00 - Mar 15 with 1208 viewsKropotkin123

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:58 - Mar 15 by BiGDonnie

Could easily lose 2 in a row after only losing 3 in 34?

Don't get me wrong, it is a possibility. But the probability is not likely.

Like SW, we are better than all of the play-off teams, including Plymouth. Time for us to demonstrate that and win 10 in a row and then build on that. We beat Shrewsbury 3-0. Barnsley was 3-2 robbed. Let's focus on us and make automatics happen.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 15:01]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 15:10 - Mar 15 with 1118 viewsBiGDonnie

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 14:56 - Mar 15 by cbower

Love that positivity BigD but realistically it might actually be better for us if Wednesday beat Barnsley wouldn't it?

I can see it, they've already lost to Barnsley this season. They lose that then they could start to wobble.

However I do think them beating Barnsley is the safer option for us.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 17:56 - Mar 15 with 786 viewsBlueBadger

Closing the gap on Plymouth on 13:53 - Mar 15 by Vic

30 POINTS 30 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024