Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... 07:39 - Mar 16 with 4901 viewstractorboy1978

They are 8 points off the play offs, approaching last chance saloon and you'd think a draw isn't too much use to them. I can't see them just sitting behind the ball. It's going to be important we don't give them any cheap set pieces.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:21 - Mar 16 with 863 viewslizzibee

They have only sold 300 tickets which is poor for a club fighting play offs (though not a chance really!). It's such an easy ground to get to - 3 hours by car (done it enough, thankfully not many more times!). Genuinely thought they would hit the 1lk numbers. Guess they are not confident
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:30 - Mar 16 with 847 viewsWestSussexBlue

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:35 - Mar 16 by itfcjoe

A point for them is a still a very good result

And would be a real blow to us. We must expect Plymouth to beat FG so anything less than a win for us would be damaging.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:36 - Mar 16 with 818 viewsStowmarketshrew

Looking forward to this one, but most of us are hoping we can sneak a point and expecting a lot less. Cotterill has done a genuinely astonishing job with one of the lowest budgets in the league, we'd have snapped your hand off for a top half finish at the start of the season, and even now top ten would be absolutely remarkable. In the 34 years I've been watching this team we're heading for our third highest finish, think that says it all, for a team that, bluntly, are mostly happy to make the numbers up and just survive in league one.

Thay all said, and despite how incredibly unlikely it is, we've not totally given up on the play offs yet. I know it's ifs buts and maybes, but if Bolton lose tomorrow, we sneak a point Saturday, and then beat Bristol Rovers then we're four points behind Bolton with a game in hand. Being honest, but very few of us think we have even the remotest chance, as the top six are stacked with quality, decent budgets, and generally in brilliant form, but the honest truth is it's absolutely incredible to not only not be worrying about relegation at this stage of the season, but to actually still have even the remotest sniff of the play offs as we approach April is, for us, pretty unbelievable.

In terms of our squad, it's light on depth but there is a lot of real quality in places, made up by some decent loans and a superb team spirit. Marosi in goal is an excellent shot stopper but with questionable distribution, and in Dunkley at CB and Leahy in midfield we have two players who would have a decent shout of making any team in the division. Otherwise, it's a fit and very hardworking team, no real stars but which when everything works can be very effective. I was at Derby a fortnight ago and contrary to views expressed above we absolutely bossed them off the park in the second half and thoroughly deserved a point. Otherwise, it's very fair to say that out home form has been the driver of our recent good form, and we naturally play a more defensive set up away from home.

As for Saturday, well, anyone who's followed Cotteril's career will know how we'll set up. Likely three giant centre backs, and expect first rate sh1t housery. Dark arts, attrition, niggly fouls, time wasting. It's not always pleasing to watch but it is, grudgingly, highly effective. I know we all hate other teams that do it but it's the reality for us that it's the only way we'll ever compete with bigger squads and better quality, which is to level the playing field as best we can. All teams do it, but if you can counter, or even match us, in that department, and keep patient, then most of us expect your quality will shine through.

Heart says 1-1, head says we'll lose 3-1. Enjoy the match guys.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:41 - Mar 16 with 790 viewsNthQldITFC

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:36 - Mar 16 by Stowmarketshrew

Looking forward to this one, but most of us are hoping we can sneak a point and expecting a lot less. Cotterill has done a genuinely astonishing job with one of the lowest budgets in the league, we'd have snapped your hand off for a top half finish at the start of the season, and even now top ten would be absolutely remarkable. In the 34 years I've been watching this team we're heading for our third highest finish, think that says it all, for a team that, bluntly, are mostly happy to make the numbers up and just survive in league one.

Thay all said, and despite how incredibly unlikely it is, we've not totally given up on the play offs yet. I know it's ifs buts and maybes, but if Bolton lose tomorrow, we sneak a point Saturday, and then beat Bristol Rovers then we're four points behind Bolton with a game in hand. Being honest, but very few of us think we have even the remotest chance, as the top six are stacked with quality, decent budgets, and generally in brilliant form, but the honest truth is it's absolutely incredible to not only not be worrying about relegation at this stage of the season, but to actually still have even the remotest sniff of the play offs as we approach April is, for us, pretty unbelievable.

In terms of our squad, it's light on depth but there is a lot of real quality in places, made up by some decent loans and a superb team spirit. Marosi in goal is an excellent shot stopper but with questionable distribution, and in Dunkley at CB and Leahy in midfield we have two players who would have a decent shout of making any team in the division. Otherwise, it's a fit and very hardworking team, no real stars but which when everything works can be very effective. I was at Derby a fortnight ago and contrary to views expressed above we absolutely bossed them off the park in the second half and thoroughly deserved a point. Otherwise, it's very fair to say that out home form has been the driver of our recent good form, and we naturally play a more defensive set up away from home.

As for Saturday, well, anyone who's followed Cotteril's career will know how we'll set up. Likely three giant centre backs, and expect first rate sh1t housery. Dark arts, attrition, niggly fouls, time wasting. It's not always pleasing to watch but it is, grudgingly, highly effective. I know we all hate other teams that do it but it's the reality for us that it's the only way we'll ever compete with bigger squads and better quality, which is to level the playing field as best we can. All teams do it, but if you can counter, or even match us, in that department, and keep patient, then most of us expect your quality will shine through.

Heart says 1-1, head says we'll lose 3-1. Enjoy the match guys.

Wish you all the best after Saturday.

Just one thing; please keep hold of your managers if we come knocking at any time in the future!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 774 viewsStowmarketshrew

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:41 - Mar 16 by NthQldITFC

Wish you all the best after Saturday.

Just one thing; please keep hold of your managers if we come knocking at any time in the future!

Ha, think we can all agree on what a w4nk stain Hurst is 🤣👍
Shrews will give us a good test, given the gap in games that follow, need a win (n/t) on 20:14 - Mar 16 with 721 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 07:28 - Mar 17 with 544 viewsChondzoresk

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 19:45 - Mar 16 by Stowmarketshrew

Ha, think we can all agree on what a w4nk stain Hurst is 🤣👍

Can't be many Shrews in Stowmarket?
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:16 - Mar 17 with 494 viewsStowmarketshrew

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 07:28 - Mar 17 by Chondzoresk

Can't be many Shrews in Stowmarket?

I'm the only one I know. My regular travel partner for matches lives in Barrow near Bury St. Edmunds, and there's a few others in Suffolk I know of but none in Stow and I've lived here since 2007!
Login to get fewer ads

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 18:25 - Mar 17 with 344 viewslizzibee

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:11 - Mar 16 by BigCommon

Should think they will want it tight and scrappy, keep the crowd down, and try and be effective from set pieces...Think we'll blow them away 3-0. We've just got too much for these sort of sides. .But we still need Morsy to negotiate a card free game, ideally.
To say he's due one, is an umderstatement.

3-0....Ladapo, Chaplin , Burns.... COYBs

Its great watching Morsy try and avoid a yellow You can see how he pulls out last minute.

I'll 3-0 it also. We aren't conceding at the moment but scoring loads. Ladapo, Chappers and Hirst for me although Broady's a call too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024