Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? 19:15 - Apr 13 with 3935 viewsBlueastheycome

Is it a true ITFC stronghold or does it primarily come under the wing of West Ham, Arsenal etc?

And where does Colchester fit into the equation ?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 19:20]
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 19:26 - Apr 13 with 3284 viewsSharkey

I've said it before on here, Sudbury (specifically Waitrose in Sudbury!) is the only place I ever see Colchester Utd clobber out and about. But as you'd expect, there's much more Town visible, and the others you mention.

i do think if you're West ham and you migrate, as so many have done, you're more likely to adopt Colchester than Ipswich, simply because it's not being unfaithful to the first love in quite the same way.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 3169 viewsBlueBadger

If you're local, you're ITFC. If you're of Cornard stock, a London team of some sort.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? (n/t) on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 3124 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 20:32]
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 3066 viewsgtsb1966

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 19:45 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

If you're local, you're ITFC. If you're of Cornard stock, a London team of some sort.

Loads of Ipswich in Cornard. Im going with some Saturday. You would be surprised how many corners of Sudbury and surrounding villages ITFC fans come from. Not many from Glemsford though it seems. Too far to travel maybe.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:36 - Apr 13 with 2935 viewssuperblue70

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:04 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

Loads of Ipswich in Cornard. Im going with some Saturday. You would be surprised how many corners of Sudbury and surrounding villages ITFC fans come from. Not many from Glemsford though it seems. Too far to travel maybe.

Well I'm glemsford and a season ticket holder.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 2907 viewsmonkeymagic

Apologies for going off thread a little but my former home town of Harwich has a very large ITFC contingent. I’d also say that there’s more ITFC in Colchester, than CUFC fans.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:47 - Apr 13 with 2850 viewsgtsb1966

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:36 - Apr 13 by superblue70

Well I'm glemsford and a season ticket holder.

Could you give Badger a lift?
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:49 - Apr 13 with 2846 viewsTractorWood

Sudbury and Clare are Towen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:49 - Apr 13 with 2847 viewsronnyd

Went there Tuesday, bloody place was gridlocked. Couldn't get near Roys/Waitrose. Sodding roadworks.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:04 - Apr 13 with 2758 viewsgtsb1966

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:49 - Apr 13 by ronnyd

Went there Tuesday, bloody place was gridlocked. Couldn't get near Roys/Waitrose. Sodding roadworks.

Roadworks are there until the 28th so avoid if you can.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 2756 viewsronnyd

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:04 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

Roadworks are there until the 28th so avoid if you can.

Certainly will.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 2756 viewsMelford

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:49 - Apr 13 by TractorWood

Sudbury and Clare are Towen.

Melford is Blue.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:28 - Apr 13 with 2624 viewsSharkey

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 20:41 - Apr 13 by monkeymagic

Apologies for going off thread a little but my former home town of Harwich has a very large ITFC contingent. I’d also say that there’s more ITFC in Colchester, than CUFC fans.

IA team that is big in Colchester is, unsurprisingly, Glasgow Rangers.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:35 - Apr 13 with 2579 viewsMelford

I lived in Marks Tey/Colchester for 3 years and there were more Town fans than anyone else. Most of north Essex is Towen but the further south you get the more West Ham you get.

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:42 - Apr 13 with 2536 viewsIllinoisblue

Too young to remember much about growing up in Gt Cornard other than the punks sniffing glue at the playground across from the Poplar Road shops. Filthy anarchists used to leave the bags everywhere. Sort of thing if it happened now would have local fb groups foomin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:44 - Apr 13 with 2528 viewsMelford

Most of Cornard and Springlands in Sudbury were originally London overspill. So most who moved supported London teams and they've passed it down to their kids. Most of the pot washer kids we've had at work the last couple of years have been mostly Gooners for some reason.

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:52 - Apr 13 with 2455 viewsdickie

I work in a school in Harwich and see lots of town clobber. I also work in a number of other schools in the Tendring/Colchester and see far more town stuff than any other team
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:56 - Apr 13 with 2431 viewsspiderman

Town fan in Acton,I have been in Sudbury area several years now,and have found that west ham has a big strong hold in the Sudbury area more than any of the others?
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:58 - Apr 13 with 2421 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:52 - Apr 13 by dickie

I work in a school in Harwich and see lots of town clobber. I also work in a number of other schools in the Tendring/Colchester and see far more town stuff than any other team

Clacton/Harwich and Braintree/Witham always had a stronghold of Town support. I suspect it dwindled from the middle of the last decade and from when West Ham moved to Stratford.

Edit. Middle of the decade before the last decade. Where the hell does time go.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 22:00]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:59 - Apr 13 with 2416 viewsSharkey

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:44 - Apr 13 by Melford

Most of Cornard and Springlands in Sudbury were originally London overspill. So most who moved supported London teams and they've passed it down to their kids. Most of the pot washer kids we've had at work the last couple of years have been mostly Gooners for some reason.

A friend of mine plays walking football in Ardleigh. Mostly old geezers , as you'd expect. All London club fans, bar him (U's). Surprising amount of Chelsea, but a lot of Arsenal too.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 22:20 - Apr 13 with 2330 viewsrgp1

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:35 - Apr 13 by Melford

I lived in Marks Tey/Colchester for 3 years and there were more Town fans than anyone else. Most of north Essex is Towen but the further south you get the more West Ham you get.

You always see town shirts in Clacton.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 00:30 - Apr 14 with 2114 viewsClapham_Junction

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 21:56 - Apr 13 by spiderman

Town fan in Acton,I have been in Sudbury area several years now,and have found that west ham has a big strong hold in the Sudbury area more than any of the others?

I went to school in Springlands and remember West Ham being the most popular team amongst families in the area.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 05:54 - Apr 14 with 1930 viewsPioneerBlue

Deep Suffolk and near Essex are our natural hunting grounds. I don’t think the club have tapped near Essex since GC, school focus has been near Suffolk first by the sounds of things. There is still huge potential up close to the M25 because the alternative is London high cost football and anonymous club supporter relationship. Itfc should be the family club of choice for live cost effective football but it’s not very widely promoted in Essex.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 07:44 - Apr 14 with 1736 viewsBluespeed225

After those awful hoolie films, anyone teen from Capel downward considers themselves a Mockney who's relatives knew the Krays. Despicable people. Wife works with a woman from Basildon. Shes like a walking episode of Eastenders, constant 'faaamily' drama.
Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 08:33 - Apr 14 with 1611 viewsSharkey

Sudbury… what’s the deal there? on 22:20 - Apr 13 by rgp1

You always see town shirts in Clacton.

No one can say that the camouflage design on the Colchester shirts is not effective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024