Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? 19:02 - May 7 with 3564 viewsAlexMathie

Interesting historical video. What happened to the Blue Arrow?

www.turfgame.com

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 19:09 - May 7 with 3486 viewsbournemouthblue

A very interesting piece, when did the football specials die out?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 19:56 - May 7 with 3376 viewsRIPbobby

Superb. Before my time. Would be great if we were allowed to have something like that again.
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 20:20 - May 7 with 3285 viewsWakh

Great video. Impressed that they even had Joan Sims typing up the games.
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 08:47 - May 8 with 2906 viewsDJR

I certainly remember the Blue Arrow trains, and getting football specials to games in the 1970s, but I am not sure I remember travelling on a train quite like that. Maybe it was an official supporters' club type of train, and the ones I travelled on (such as to the 1975 FA Cup semi-final) were additional trains put on by British Railways.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 9:07]
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 08:50 - May 8 with 2881 viewsBLUEBEAT

Skinhead!

Wonder if he still attends matches?

Poll: W or W

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 09:04 - May 8 with 2847 viewsnorfsufblue

Something to put to Mark Ashton maybe??....can you even charter a train nowadays??
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 09:57 - May 8 with 2734 viewsPlums

Thanks for posting that. The logistics and organisation is incredible - especially the post-match interviews etc. It was before my time but I do (somewhere) have a pin badge with that Blue Arrow logo on - not sure where I got it from.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 10:02 - May 8 with 2701 viewsDJR

Out of interest, the presenter is Michael Cole who at the time worked for Look East, and went on to work for Mohamed El Fayed.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 10:05 - May 8 with 2682 viewsBluespeed225

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 08:50 - May 8 by BLUEBEAT

Skinhead!

He looked the part, correct hair. We need an ID!
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 10:29 - May 8 with 2639 viewsDJR

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 08:50 - May 8 by BLUEBEAT

Skinhead!

The sister of one of my best friends at school in the early 1970s was a skinhead. There weren't so many female skinheads and their hair wasn't as short as the men's. Later in the 70s, the female hairstyle developed into a much longer length, cut around the ears.

https://www.alamy.com/skinhead-couple-glenda-peake-and-tony-hughes-7th-october-1
[Post edited 8 May 2023 10:35]
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:15 - May 8 with 2551 viewsLord_Lucan

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 10:29 - May 8 by DJR

The sister of one of my best friends at school in the early 1970s was a skinhead. There weren't so many female skinheads and their hair wasn't as short as the men's. Later in the 70s, the female hairstyle developed into a much longer length, cut around the ears.

https://www.alamy.com/skinhead-couple-glenda-peake-and-tony-hughes-7th-october-1
[Post edited 8 May 2023 10:35]

It’s called a feather cut - and very becoming is is too. 👌

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:20 - May 8 with 2534 viewsDJR

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:15 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

I'm never sure about haircut terminology, but Maisie Adam, who appeared on this week's Have I Got News for You, has a version of it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=tsAx%2b5jh&id=353A
[Post edited 8 May 2023 11:27]
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:23 - May 8 with 2515 viewsblueislander

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 10:02 - May 8 by DJR

Out of interest, the presenter is Michael Cole who at the time worked for Look East, and went on to work for Mohamed El Fayed.

It was the brainchild of the late David Huxley. It didn’t actually last that long , maybe only 3 or 4 seasons.
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:28 - May 8 with 2494 viewsBLUEBEAT

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:15 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

Also known as the Chelsea Cut

Am a big fan of the longer/softer version 😛

Poll: W or W

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:45 - May 8 with 2459 viewsDeano69

Bryan Knights a young whippersnapper with a tash and sharp suit

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:51 - May 8 with 2440 viewsDeano69

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 11:23 - May 8 by blueislander

It was the brainchild of the late David Huxley. It didn’t actually last that long , maybe only 3 or 4 seasons.

Shame, its a great idea and possibly more eco-friendly these days ??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 12:12 - May 8 with 2357 viewsfabian_illness

Love that Puma bag at about 8 mins 30.
Had one just like it.
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 12:42 - May 8 with 2311 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 19:56 - May 7 by RIPbobby

Superb. Before my time. Would be great if we were allowed to have something like that again.

Blue Arrow Bus Replacement Service coming to a game near you soon!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 15:05 - May 8 with 2171 viewsRadlett_blue

Lots of fans going to the game wearing a collar and tie ibn those days.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 15:53 - May 8 with 2113 viewswitchdoctor

Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 19:56 - May 7 by RIPbobby

I went to Man City….Villa and Derby on the Blue Arrow…
Ipswich Town fans: best behaved in England? on 20:40 - May 8 with 1971 viewsAlexMathie

Some amazing information! It’s in contrast to this YouTube video I watched a few weeks ago on local derby policing. Appreciate it’s filmed from a Norfolk police perspective but Town fans are painted to be savages! A (biased) documentary made by Anglia TV in the late ‘90s, one or two outside shots of the old North stand included.

www.turfgame.com

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024