Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we change kit every year? 12:05 - Jun 30 with 3743 viewsSeablue

Some clubs have moved to every two years for kit change. Given the environmental disaster of fast fashion is it time Town did the same? Discuss!
Should we change kit every year? on 12:06 - Jun 30 with 2584 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. Income is important. We need anything we can get every season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Should we change kit every year? on 12:07 - Jun 30 with 2581 viewsPioneerBlue

No

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Should we change kit every year? on 12:13 - Jun 30 with 2525 viewsdavblue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:06 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

at what cost? Where it can contribute to people losing their homes as is the forecast when places will be under water potentially?
Should we change kit every year? on 12:14 - Jun 30 with 2516 viewsportmanroadblue

If fans are prepared to pay, no reason to change yearly kits.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:21 - Jun 30 with 2479 viewsWeirdFishes

I like having a new kit every season.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Should we change kit every year? on 12:24 - Jun 30 with 2463 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:13 - Jun 30 by davblue

at what cost? Where it can contribute to people losing their homes as is the forecast when places will be under water potentially?

If buying a shirt makes you lose your home. Then you shouldn't be buying a shirt anyway.

Waka waka eh eh

Should we change kit every year? on 12:25 - Jun 30 with 2458 viewsthe_toff

Should we change kit every year? on 12:24 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

If buying a shirt makes you lose your home. Then you shouldn't be buying a shirt anyway.

You've not read the post have you
Should we change kit every year? on 12:25 - Jun 30 with 2458 viewsGuthrum

Should we change kit every year? on 12:13 - Jun 30 by davblue

A few thousand football shirts, which people do actually wear repeatedly, are not really a significant contributor to sea level rises through climate change, compared to, say, air travel or motor transport.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Should we change kit every year? on 12:27 - Jun 30 with 2444 viewsEwan_Oozami

Hopefully they'll change kit every game, otherwise they'd get a bit smelly after a few games....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Should we change kit every year? on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 2432 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:25 - Jun 30 by the_toff

You've not read the post have you

I was talking specifically about the financials and why I believe it should continue.

Tbh. Changes for environmental reasons imo are pointless when there's so much more sht that happens that won't ever change that causes more destruction so not producing kits every season imo is a low priority.

Waka waka eh eh

Should we change kit every year? on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 2438 viewsdavblue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:25 - Jun 30 by Guthrum

A few thousand football shirts, which people do actually wear repeatedly, are not really a significant contributor to sea level rises through climate change, compared to, say, air travel or motor transport.

no but it all makes a difference, it's not just Ipswich Town selling shirts it's every football club that should have a bit of accountability.

The attitude of it brings in money, so that's more important than out climate is the wrong one in my view.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:31 - Jun 30 with 2398 viewsthe_toff

Should we change kit every year? on 12:29 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

I was talking specifically about the financials and why I believe it should continue.

Tbh. Changes for environmental reasons imo are pointless when there's so much more sht that happens that won't ever change that causes more destruction so not producing kits every season imo is a low priority.

You didn't read the post. The point wasn't people would be homeless because they've financially stretched themselves by buying a shirt.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:32 - Jun 30 with 2392 viewsdavblue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:29 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

that's totally off on another tangent..

I never mentioned people losing their homes because they've got a shirt because of financial reasons. The original post was about the climate aspect which you've responded that we need the money. It might only be little things but it does all add up, every football club does it pretty much but we do need to be more responsible.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:33 - Jun 30 with 2377 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:31 - Jun 30 by the_toff

You didn't read the post. The point wasn't people would be homeless because they've financially stretched themselves by buying a shirt.

I clearly misunderstood Davs response.

My stance still stands regarding the need to continue with it every season.

Waka waka eh eh

Should we change kit every year? on 12:34 - Jun 30 with 2353 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:32 - Jun 30 by davblue

that's totally off on another tangent..

I never mentioned people losing their homes because they've got a shirt because of financial reasons. The original post was about the climate aspect which you've responded that we need the money. It might only be little things but it does all add up, every football club does it pretty much but we do need to be more responsible.

Yes I misunderstood your reply.

Waka waka eh eh

Should we change kit every year? on 12:35 - Jun 30 with 2357 viewsthe_toff

Should we change kit every year? on 12:29 - Jun 30 by davblue

no but it all makes a difference, it's not just Ipswich Town selling shirts it's every football club that should have a bit of accountability.

The attitude of it brings in money, so that's more important than out climate is the wrong one in my view.

I'm with you on this. There's also the perception of it, and football clubs can have a role to play in highlighting such issues as fast fashion, which is very damaging environmentally and increasingly so. The fact it might be less of a contributor than air travel is a bit of a ridiculous argument for not making changes that are for the good of the planet.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:37 - Jun 30 with 2336 viewsNthQldITFC

Some things are more important.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Should we change kit every year? on 12:39 - Jun 30 with 2326 viewsNthQldITFC

Should we change kit every year? on 12:25 - Jun 30 by Guthrum

However the polyester in them will be around in microfibre form in sea life particularly, and then in our guts too, for a long, long time.

You have to have principles, and make principled decisions which signal intent to improve.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Should we change kit every year? on 12:45 - Jun 30 with 2299 viewsStewart27

I like having a new kit every year. I don’t normally buy it but I usually buy it for my son. If I couldn’t afford it one year I’d tell him so and he wouldn’t have it. As I have done before.

I really don’t see the draw back of having a new kit every year .
Should we change kit every year? on 12:45 - Jun 30 with 2299 viewshype313

Not for me, but can see why they do.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should we change kit every year? on 12:49 - Jun 30 with 2285 viewsMattinLondon

Clubs wouldn’t change kits every season if there wasn’t the market to buy them.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:57 - Jun 30 with 2248 viewsHighgateBlue

It's plainly unnecessary and it merely exploits those who love the club, many of whom don't exactly have a lot of disposable income at the best of times, let alone right now.

Every two years is fine. Especially given that shirt sponsorship deals are rarely if ever limited to one year.

Mind you, if fast fashion is the argument against it, the bigger crime is a pointless third kit that we never need to wear because we have a perfectly functional second kit.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:57 - Jun 30 with 2246 viewsDinDjarin

But how much do we actually make from each shirt sale?

Umbro will take a fairly big slice.
Should we change kit every year? on 12:58 - Jun 30 with 2242 viewsSharkey

I'd vote for every two years, alternating the home and away. Last season's shirt was so good (exactly the right shade of blue for a start) and also associated with success of course, so there feels no need to replace it.

Maybe sales generate income for the club, but it's not clear exactly how much more changing both shirts every season benefits the club. If it were only the away shirt that was new tomorrow, there would no doubt be a lot of interest in it and it would surely sell. And then the blue one might sell more next year, - with kids having grown out of last season's.
Should we change kit every year? on 13:06 - Jun 30 with 2197 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should we change kit every year? on 12:57 - Jun 30 by DinDjarin

But how much do we actually make from each shirt sale?

Umbro will take a fairly big slice.

It's not alot. But it's still income. Let alone the finances involved in sponsorship of said kit.. not just main sponsor but sleeves. Shorts etc etc.

I get the environmental thoughts.. but it's a small area.

How much of the environment is bugered by the thousands of miles driven between games. Delivery's to grounds to stock up the bars.
The stuff used on the pitches. Etc etc

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024