Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a bad move for him following years of misery 20:15 - Jul 28 with 3537 viewsMach_foreignBlue

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2023/july/don-deal-tommy-smith-signs-for-mk-dons/
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 20:17 - Jul 28 with 3488 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blast from the past. I’m surprised he’s still playing as that all seems a lifetime ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 20:44 - Jul 28 with 3360 viewsBLUEBEAT

Still annoys me that the club never gave him a testimonial.

Poll: W or W

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 23:24 - Jul 28 with 3095 viewswkj

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 20:44 - Jul 28 by BLUEBEAT

Still annoys me that the club never gave him a testimonial.

He was never the most flashy of players but god did he score some big goals from corners at times. We really did him wrong by not giving him one.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 00:48 - Jul 29 with 2974 viewsSamWhiteUK

We all dream of a team of Tommy Smiths
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 01:05 - Jul 29 with 2954 viewsWestcountryblue

Totally weird move when we essentially let him go for free to Colorado. Berra and Smith leaving essentially relegated us.
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 01:24 - Jul 29 with 2941 viewsTractorboy24

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 01:05 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Totally weird move when we essentially let him go for free to Colorado. Berra and Smith leaving essentially relegated us.

No, Webster, Waghorn & Garner leaving and being replaced by League One/Two rejects being coached by a 2 but PE teacher relegated us.

But Berra & Smith were good professionals for us, much like Chambo, and both left just as their abilities were on the turn. The way Smith left seemed very underhand at the time though and Chambo was almost gone that window too I think.
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 2580 viewswkj

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 01:05 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Im not sure I agree 100%, but Berra and Smith were certainly instrumental in putting us in a flattering league position

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 2543 viewsSharkey

I'm actually surprised to see he played 88 times for Colchester across the three seasons. He was very popular around the club, and was captain for two years, but clearly Matt Bloomfield didn't rate him at all, as he hardly got a game after his arrival, and was often not in the squad. Colchester went out and bought two central defenders in January. Happy for him that he's got fixed up at MK Dons, (but a bit surprised it wasn't Luke Chambers they went for.)
Login to get fewer ads

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 2386 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow, wasn't expecting him to get a league one club.

Good for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 14:29 - Jul 29 with 2424 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 13:47 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

Wow, wasn't expecting him to get a league one club.

Good for him.

MK Dons aren't a League One club.
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 2415 viewsHerbivore

Good move for him. Always really liked Tommy Smith.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 14:46 - Jul 29 with 2381 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No way. Berra was far better than Smith.

Smith was always costly mistake bound, lapses in concentration, the ball had to bounce first before he started to deal with it.

Zeki Fryers had a one awful game for us and that was sufficient for some people to slate him heavily. Smith's number of mistakes on the other hand were largely winked at.

Yes, a nice man and Town fan but very limited footballer whose career hasn't been particularly successful.

Smith leaving essentially relegated us you say? Oh, please ! Not so long later he had 3 awful seasons and League Two relegation battles at Colchester.
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 15:17 - Jul 29 with 2323 viewsBLUEGOLD

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 13:19 - Jul 29 by Sharkey

I'm actually surprised to see he played 88 times for Colchester across the three seasons. He was very popular around the club, and was captain for two years, but clearly Matt Bloomfield didn't rate him at all, as he hardly got a game after his arrival, and was often not in the squad. Colchester went out and bought two central defenders in January. Happy for him that he's got fixed up at MK Dons, (but a bit surprised it wasn't Luke Chambers they went for.)

I’m amazed that Chambers is still without a league club
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 15:25 - Jul 29 with 2186 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 14:29 - Jul 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

MK Dons aren't a League One club.

Yep, good point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 16:09 - Jul 29 with 2219 viewsSharkey

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 15:17 - Jul 29 by BLUEGOLD

I’m amazed that Chambers is still without a league club

Hearing that he's on Life's a Pitch next week doesn't sound like a man who might be getting ready for a league game any time soon either.

(It could be that Smith is happy to play a kind of Keogh role at MK, whereas Chambers wants more than that. But interesting to hear Skuse say that he's kind of glad Colchester didn't offer him a new contract. The traveling must be hard after all those years.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 16:13]
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 17:27 - Jul 29 with 2083 viewsSimonds92

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 14:46 - Jul 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

No way. Berra was far better than Smith.

Smith was always costly mistake bound, lapses in concentration, the ball had to bounce first before he started to deal with it.

Zeki Fryers had a one awful game for us and that was sufficient for some people to slate him heavily. Smith's number of mistakes on the other hand were largely winked at.

Yes, a nice man and Town fan but very limited footballer whose career hasn't been particularly successful.

Smith leaving essentially relegated us you say? Oh, please ! Not so long later he had 3 awful seasons and League Two relegation battles at Colchester.

What an absolute load of rubbish this post is.
Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 17:48 - Jul 29 with 2054 viewsSuperblue95

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 17:27 - Jul 29 by Simonds92

It’s very over the top as is normal for a Mach post but he does have a point about Smith often getting caught out by a ball over the top after letting it bounce (that game against Brentford when we were 2-0 up after 90 mins and ended up drawing springs to mind).

He seemed to get about 5 goals a season for us though so made up for his ricks and I liked him as a player overall. Nice to see him getting a contract somewhere.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 2040 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not a bad move for him following years of misery on 17:27 - Jul 29 by Simonds92

No it isn't. That summer prior to joining Colchester we had people here saying that we should sign him at all costs. We didn't and he ended up at Colchester. The rest is a history.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024