Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned from today 21:24 - Aug 6 with 5159 viewsnodge_blue

1. Bellingham looks remarkably like his brother. Should sign him alone on that.
2. You can get away with fouls more this year. Thats ok until the balance tips over to the ridiculous like our penalty. I wont even call it a shout.
3. Time added on is ridiculous. Its not like there was huge time wasting.
4. A few players for us may not be good enough at this level to make us a promotion team.
5. Hirst goal is massive for him. Hes got the potential to be a top player. But he needed that goal to get him off the mark. And it was a good one too.
6. Broadhead has the touches and movement to unlock defences at this level.
7. We defended well.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned from today on 21:25 - Aug 6 with 3965 viewspointofblue

On point four, I think it's just what most have been saying for a while - first XI is good enough but we possibly lack depth to challenge at the top.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What we learned from today on 21:26 - Aug 6 with 3958 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Who are you thinking of on #4?
What we learned from today on 21:29 - Aug 6 with 3899 viewsFrimleyBlue

What we learned from today on 21:26 - Aug 6 by BrockleyBlue78

Tad obvious isn't it
Burns
JD
Harness
Ladapo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What we learned from today on 21:40 - Aug 6 with 3797 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What we learned from today on 21:29 - Aug 6 by FrimleyBlue

Tad obvious isn't it
Burns
JD
Harness
Ladapo

Burns and Donacien were fine today. Especially when you consider that Donacien is the back up for that position and Burns got booked in the first half.

I would agree that we need to improve on Harness and Ladapo. On today's showing alone, you could argue Hutchinson but he hasn't been brought in for no reason. All our players have the potential to improve and easily will.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What we learned from today on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 3799 viewsBloomBlue

In terms of No.4 how many teams in this league are you assuming has a squad of 25 who are all at this level?

I get the relegated teams possibly have but I don't see any other team who have a full squad of championship level players.
Luton were promoted last season and while they had a quality 11-13 players they certainly didn't have a full squad of championship level players.
What we learned from today on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 3789 viewspointofblue

Tad obvious isn't it
Burns
JD
Harness
Ladapo

Burns, really? Donacien did ok too - he really is a reserve to Clarke.

What we learned from today on 21:43 - Aug 6 with 3767 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from today on 21:26 - Aug 6 by BrockleyBlue78

I dont really like to call it out. But lets say roberts on their right wing consistently kept the ball and dribbled through us numerous times. We need that sort of threat.

What we learned from today on 21:44 - Aug 6 with 3750 viewsJDB23

Broadhead is going to be our POTS, absolute baller.
Login to get fewer ads

What we learned from today on 21:44 - Aug 6 with 3732 viewsFrimleyBlue

What we learned from today on 21:41 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Burns, really? Donacien did ok too - he really is a reserve to Clarke.

I just can't warm to burns.
Does many things well. But he had so many opportunities to put good balls in and whilst he did It twice in the game.. most went knee high or into the stands. He also kept going back to JD instead of being brave and trying to take his man on with only one on him.

He's good. He's a good backup for champ level imo. But when you talk about next level players for promotion.. imo we need better

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What we learned from today on 21:50 - Aug 6 with 3652 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What we learned from today on 21:44 - Aug 6 by FrimleyBlue

I just can't warm to burns.
Does many things well. But he had so many opportunities to put good balls in and whilst he did It twice in the game.. most went knee high or into the stands. He also kept going back to JD instead of being brave and trying to take his man on with only one on him.

He's good. He's a good backup for champ level imo. But when you talk about next level players for promotion.. imo we need better

That sums it up quite well really. You have made your mind up to not like him and can only see the negatives while understating the positives.

If you really want to criticise Burns it would have to be for continuing the niggly fouls even after the referee had warned him. He was able to stop after the booking so that is a positive. How many times did Burns lose possession for us? It isn't about always playing a killer ball or scoring.

What we learned from today on 21:50 - Aug 6 with 3649 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Tad obvious isn't it
Burns
JD
Harness
Ladapo

Agree, like to hear other’s thoughts
What we learned from today on 21:51 - Aug 6 with 3634 viewsArnieM

Ladapo
Harness
Jackson
Edmundson

Plus we need x2 CB’s

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What we learned from today on 21:54 - Aug 6 with 3584 viewspointofblue

What we learned from today on 21:51 - Aug 6 by ArnieM

Ladapo
Harness
Jackson
Edmundson

Plus we need x2 CB’s

Edmundson looked good under Cook and the early days of McKenna. Just needs a bit of confidence but I'm happy for him to be Woolfenden's reserve; I don't think we'll be getting better.

Ladapo, Harness and Jackson I agree with. Edwards must be on dody ground. Still not sure about giving Aluko a new contract either; guess it's for his experience.

What we learned from today on 21:55 - Aug 6 with 3567 viewsBrockleyBlue78

What we learned from today on 21:50 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

That sums it up quite well really. You have made your mind up to not like him and can only see the negatives while understating the positives.

If you really want to criticise Burns it would have to be for continuing the niggly fouls even after the referee had warned him. He was able to stop after the booking so that is a positive. How many times did Burns lose possession for us? It isn't about always playing a killer ball or scoring.

I agree with Frimmers, he had chances today to really shine and provide quality, and didn’t. Very similar to many games last season - he had moments and games last season when class though not consistent, and need to see if he can do it at this level. Can’t fault his defensive application. Clarke being back may make a difference but not sufficient imo
What we learned from today on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 3540 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What we learned from today on 21:51 - Aug 6 by ArnieM

Ladapo
Harness
Jackson
Edmundson

Plus we need x2 CB’s

How did today teach you that Jackson and Edmundson aren't good enough?

What we learned from today on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 3542 viewswkj

I thin №4 is one I'm not 100% sure about. Yes, there are players who might well find themselves with more competition soon, but what we saw today was people finding their level. We're not going to look in control all the time any more as more teams play high press and less play low block in this league.

Sunderland are a strong young squad in this league and to play them away sure has to rank as one of our hardest games on paper. We looeds good in spells, suspect in others, but we edges it - as we've found our level.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 21:57]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What we learned from today on 21:57 - Aug 6 with 3532 viewsmrfixit426

Tad obvious isn't it
Burns
JD
Harness
Ladapo

I don't agree with much that you post, but I agree with most of this. Donacien looked completely out of his depth. I thought he moved his feet too slowly against Luton, but today was worse.
What we learned from today on 22:03 - Aug 6 with 3448 viewsBarcaBlue

What we learned from today on 21:56 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

How did today teach you that Jackson and Edmundson aren't good enough?

... or from today's performance we learnt that we need two new centre backs.
What we learned from today on 22:07 - Aug 6 with 3368 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from today on 21:56 - Aug 6 by wkj

I thin №4 is one I'm not 100% sure about. Yes, there are players who might well find themselves with more competition soon, but what we saw today was people finding their level. We're not going to look in control all the time any more as more teams play high press and less play low block in this league.

Sunderland are a strong young squad in this league and to play them away sure has to rank as one of our hardest games on paper. We looeds good in spells, suspect in others, but we edges it - as we've found our level.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 21:57]

I know what youre saying and after one game and a win its pretty harsh my no4.

But a couple looked like they survived rather than thrived.

But it clearly was a step up from the sides last year and not unexpected. Im sure we will have good runs this year.

We need those 2 or 3 in that Ashton talked about and ideally at a broadhead type level.

What we learned from today on 22:11 - Aug 6 with 3311 viewswkj

What we learned from today on 22:07 - Aug 6 by nodge_blue

But it clearly was a step up from the sides last year and not unexpected. Im sure we will have good runs this year.

We need those 2 or 3 in that Ashton talked about and ideally at a broadhead type level.

The one I would be worried about is Hladky. He didn't have a terrible game but he did push a lot out in bad spots like Gerkin used to. I wouldn't be against a loan keeper coming in.

Otherwise competition for Burns and a CB would be on my mind.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 22:12]

What we learned from today on 22:11 - Aug 6 with 3312 viewsmylittletown

What we learned from today on 21:57 - Aug 6 by mrfixit426

I don't agree with much that you post, but I agree with most of this. Donacien looked completely out of his depth. I thought he moved his feet too slowly against Luton, but today was worse.

Donacien looked pretty good today. If he is our backup RB, we are fine on that side.
Davis looked great going forward, but Roberts gave him a hard time defending. Roberts is a handy player, though
We are now in the Championship. We are going to come up against decent players.
What we learned from today on 22:14 - Aug 6 with 3254 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What we learned from today on 22:07 - Aug 6 by nodge_blue

Couldn't you have said the same about 3 or 4 Sunderland players and they were a play-off side last season? Not everyone is going to give a stand-out performance every week. As a unit we worked well enough to beat Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. Of course they had a few chances and we made hard work of it, especially in the final 30 minutes or so but we did enough.

The other thing is, we are clearly trying to get a few players in so it shouldn't be any surprise that we are probably a few short of where we ideally want to be.

What we learned from today on 22:25 - Aug 6 with 3109 viewspointofblue

What we learned from today on 22:11 - Aug 6 by wkj

The one I would be worried about is Hladky. He didn't have a terrible game but he did push a lot out in bad spots like Gerkin used to. I wouldn't be against a loan keeper coming in.

I'd prefer us to get a centre back and striker in over a goalkeeper. I guess it depends what we're aiming for this season. If it's promotion then, yes, we probably need an upgrade on Hladky. But if it's midtable we can give him a run in the team and see if he can develop his distribution with the first team.

I can only remember one parry out, leading to Bellingham's shot over the bar, and that was a tough one to get out wide.

What we learned from today on 22:26 - Aug 6 with 3097 viewswkj

What we learned from today on 22:25 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

I'd prefer us to get a centre back and striker in over a goalkeeper. I guess it depends what we're aiming for this season. If it's promotion then, yes, we probably need an upgrade on Hladky. But if it's midtable we can give him a run in the team and see if he can develop his distribution with the first team.

I can only remember one parry out, leading to Bellingham's shot over the bar, and that was a tough one to get out wide.

It could have been nerves but I think he dropped what should have been a take shortly before that

What we learned from today on 22:28 - Aug 6 with 3088 viewsnodge_blue

What we learned from today on 22:11 - Aug 6 by wkj

I think hladky is ok to come in for a short time but im a bit worried about him for what could be half a season. He may gain alot of confidence from the end of the match though. The start was shaky and the save he made first half should have been pushed away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024