Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. 15:43 - Aug 13 with 4009 viewsArnieM

Did anyone else feel it actually disrupted the natural repertoire of songs the SBR would have sung? I did, and not everyone was singing along with the piped EJB song anyway, so it felt like we all just stood there ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 21:26 - Aug 14 with 465 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:24 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

Should be ‘story of the blues’ after a win

Not this again. Can appreciate the song but it would be a massive buzzkill. Understand people want a unique anthem for us, but this just isn’t it.

They are a despicable fan base, but Chelsea have got it nailed with one step beyond. Upbeat, involves the crowd and not a trashy modern dance music track.

[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 7:09]
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:03 - Aug 15 with 377 viewsDJR

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 20:59 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

The players seemed to take longer to get to the SBRS, they all waited and huddled together in the middle before walking round as one.

On EEJB, loads of people have been wanting it to be played at FT after a win for ages instead of some random pop song, my 5 year old loves it and we sing it together

That's fair enough.

To be honest, I've never really liked the song but agree it's more apt than some random pop song.

Maybe we need Ed Sheeran to write us a new rousing anthem, although maybe that's not his style.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 8:04]
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 10:25 - Aug 15 with 345 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:46 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

I don’t think people leave because a song comes on, I think they leave because they’re leaving anyway

But if the crowd is unified and singing, they might stay longer.

If the crowd is unified and singing and then tinny tannoy music blades over the top of them, the mood can be killed, and people head off.

EJB is fine as part of a pre-match medley (but not as the final song) but it is a bit slow and downbeat for a pumped up celebration.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 10:32 - Aug 15 with 341 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:17 - Aug 13 by textbackup

I love it. I’d personally play it pre match, just as kick off happens. Cut the music and let fans belt it out.

Agreed. Play the opening line "My name is Edward Ebenezer Jeremiah Brown"

Cut the music, fans sing it and it ends on one big

"BUT EVERYBODY CALLS ME TED"

Simple

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 12:29 - Aug 15 with 312 viewsPinewoodblue

Bringing on back the good times is the obvious answer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024