Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight 11:52 - Aug 15 with 5533 viewsthe_toff

Colchester v Wimbledon in L2. I'm not expecting a lot but how bad will it be?

£27.75 for the privilege as well. The under 11 goes free though so not too bad I guess when you consider it as a pair.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:01 - Aug 15 with 3734 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I actually think Colchester will be much improved this year, made some good signings. Keep your eye out for Mauro Bandeira playing for Col U.

And for Wimbledon Al Hamadi is a good player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:03 - Aug 15 with 3731 viewsitfc24

Ive just looked at their ticket prices for the stands that run along the side of the pitch (jobserve and something else) £32.25 for a ticket!!!! 4th division! unbelievable! and I thought QPR were taking the piss with their prices.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:06 - Aug 15 with 3717 viewsthe_toff

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:03 - Aug 15 by itfc24

Ive just looked at their ticket prices for the stands that run along the side of the pitch (jobserve and something else) £32.25 for a ticket!!!! 4th division! unbelievable! and I thought QPR were taking the piss with their prices.

Yeah £32.25 - £27.75 is the range for anything if you want to take an U18. The end stand was £25 for an adult but you can't take a child in there.

Did strike me as a bit steep for L2.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 3693 viewsitfc24

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:06 - Aug 15 by the_toff

Yeah £32.25 - £27.75 is the range for anything if you want to take an U18. The end stand was £25 for an adult but you can't take a child in there.

Did strike me as a bit steep for L2.

They arent helping themselves are they. I appreciate there is a sweet spot with prices but they seemed to have gone well past that with those numbers.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:17 - Aug 15 with 3674 viewsTractorCam

That is horrendous pricing. I'll be just up the road at Stanway for £7

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:18 - Aug 15 with 3683 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

After their "mob" turned up to support Stoke on Saturday, I won't grace their empty stadium with my presence. It's bad enough we have been keeping them up by donating a team to them for years!

They hate us a lot.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 3643 viewsthe_toff

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:18 - Aug 15 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

After their "mob" turned up to support Stoke on Saturday, I won't grace their empty stadium with my presence. It's bad enough we have been keeping them up by donating a team to them for years!

They hate us a lot.

Although I think those donations have probably held them back more than anything. Such a backwards recent strategy to move away from McGreal's young side that made the playoffs to a team of journeyman plodders after their last pay packets at an old boys club.

I heard about some of them visiting PR on Saturday, such a weird thing to do. Must've been so depressing watching us live and realising that we're in a different stratosphere to them by way of past, present and likely future.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:32 - Aug 15 with 3603 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:26 - Aug 15 by the_toff

Although I think those donations have probably held them back more than anything. Such a backwards recent strategy to move away from McGreal's young side that made the playoffs to a team of journeyman plodders after their last pay packets at an old boys club.

I heard about some of them visiting PR on Saturday, such a weird thing to do. Must've been so depressing watching us live and realising that we're in a different stratosphere to them by way of past, present and likely future.

They were singing "Ipswich get battered" at us at Colchester station, from the other side of the station, before going quiet when joining us on the train, not taking in that even in Colchester (and Essex) they are still in a minority, once off the train they were signing anti-Ipswich songs at Ipswich station and then added in a few Colchester chants. It was just very weird, it would be like us going to West Ham (a close team, but non-rival) to support Aston Villa against them and giving it large about Ipswich. Fair enough, go to the game if you have a free day and enjoy as a neutral, many of us do that at clubs we are near or have friends who support, but to turn up in numbers to back Stoke... odd... just odd.

However, the Stoke fans mixed in with us fine and were good to chat to.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:08 - Aug 15 with 3475 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:32 - Aug 15 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

They were singing "Ipswich get battered" at us at Colchester station, from the other side of the station, before going quiet when joining us on the train, not taking in that even in Colchester (and Essex) they are still in a minority, once off the train they were signing anti-Ipswich songs at Ipswich station and then added in a few Colchester chants. It was just very weird, it would be like us going to West Ham (a close team, but non-rival) to support Aston Villa against them and giving it large about Ipswich. Fair enough, go to the game if you have a free day and enjoy as a neutral, many of us do that at clubs we are near or have friends who support, but to turn up in numbers to back Stoke... odd... just odd.

However, the Stoke fans mixed in with us fine and were good to chat to.

I appreciate anywhere south of Chelmsford is Hammers territory but I wonder if Town have more fans in N.Essex than ColU do.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:12 - Aug 15 with 3456 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:08 - Aug 15 by burnbudgiesburn

I appreciate anywhere south of Chelmsford is Hammers territory but I wonder if Town have more fans in N.Essex than ColU do.

We have more fans in Colchester then Colchester do! I find most people in the south of Essex support Manchester City these days haha!
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:55 - Aug 15 with 3355 viewsitfc24

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:08 - Aug 15 by burnbudgiesburn

I always used to think there were a lot of people that used to walk around Colchester with Col U shirts on, it used to surprise me how many young people you would see in their colours. These numbers in the town werent reflected in their attendances however.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 14:10 - Aug 15 with 3267 viewsSharkey

I hope you both enjoy the game.

A clash of two recent Charlton managers, and even though Johnny Jackson is an almost-legend at Colchester, I think the U's have the better one.

I'll be interested to hear your report on 'how bad can it be', but in theory Tchamadeu and now Taylor should be worth watching. As someone else here notes , the lad from Arsenal in midfield looks tidy, and you'll probably get to compare the young Southampton central defender with whatever you've seen of Baggott. On the other hand, I think most people think Colchester are crying out for a good defensive midfielder having sold two in the last two years (at a healthy profit.)

And as you'll probably be there until about 10.30 you can't say it's not value for money!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 14:32]
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 14:31 - Aug 15 with 3214 viewsSharkey

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:55 - Aug 15 by itfc24

I always used to think there were a lot of people that used to walk around Colchester with Col U shirts on, it used to surprise me how many young people you would see in their colours. These numbers in the town werent reflected in their attendances however.

I think that's still true, that you see plenty of shirts around town.

As I've said before, when I go to a game and make the long walk back into town, I'm surprised by how many people say 'oooh, how did they get on?'. Interested, but not interested enough to actually go, or even check the score on their phone.

This is a club that hasn't had any success for a very long long time. It's from a low starting point of course, but I doubt there are many clubs who could quite as easily double their attendances with just a bit of success. There's maybe not great passion for the club from most people, but there is a lot of affection. I'd say that even extends to the people along the northern banks of the Stour and the Box, even if they support Town.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 15:03 - Aug 15 with 3160 viewsitfc24

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 14:31 - Aug 15 by Sharkey

I think that's still true, that you see plenty of shirts around town.

As I've said before, when I go to a game and make the long walk back into town, I'm surprised by how many people say 'oooh, how did they get on?'. Interested, but not interested enough to actually go, or even check the score on their phone.

This is a club that hasn't had any success for a very long long time. It's from a low starting point of course, but I doubt there are many clubs who could quite as easily double their attendances with just a bit of success. There's maybe not great passion for the club from most people, but there is a lot of affection. I'd say that even extends to the people along the northern banks of the Stour and the Box, even if they support Town.

Yes this is true, I remember going back many many years, early 90s I think, when they were in the FA Shield final at Wembley (don't quote me on the comp but I think it was that) and there was a lot of excitement around the town and the general population of Colchester.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 15:33 - Aug 15 with 3101 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 13:55 - Aug 15 by itfc24

I live in North Essex, born and bred, and I have met about two Colchester supporters in the area my whole life! The majority support the big Prem clubs, largely the London ones as people have moved in from there, or are just casuals. Ipswich has a lot of supporters right across north Essex and I'd say we would be one of the best supported clubs in the county, and certainly in terms of numbers going to games more of us are going to watch Town in % terms than anyone else, matchdays Colchester station is rammed with us.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:07 - Aug 15 with 2973 viewsSharkey

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 12:03 - Aug 15 by itfc24

But you're cherry-picking an exceptionally expensive ticket as your example. Move forty metres left or right and it instantly comes down.

A more normal ticket price is £21.50 in the South Stand, and that's what the away fans pay too for the North. That's not untypical of L2. (At Bradford on Saturday it was £20 in advance, £25 on the day.)

For the Tranmere game on September 9th, tickets now sell at £18.50 (in the South and the North ), 13.25 if you're U21, £10.25 if you're U18, free if you're Under 11.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:14 - Aug 15 with 2958 viewsthe_toff

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:07 - Aug 15 by Sharkey

But you're cherry-picking an exceptionally expensive ticket as your example. Move forty metres left or right and it instantly comes down.

A more normal ticket price is £21.50 in the South Stand, and that's what the away fans pay too for the North. That's not untypical of L2. (At Bradford on Saturday it was £20 in advance, £25 on the day.)

For the Tranmere game on September 9th, tickets now sell at £18.50 (in the South and the North ), 13.25 if you're U21, £10.25 if you're U18, free if you're Under 11.

There were no tickets at £21.50. South Stand is £23.50 for an adult but no under 11 concessions, so would've cost more.

The cheapest in the ground was £25.75 for the corner blocks, I paid £27.75 for 1 block along as I thought for £2 it's worth being a bit more central.

EDIT: I'm fine with it though, I paid it and I'm hoping for some champagne football :)

Know any decent (8 year old friendly) watering holes for a pre match pint?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 17:16]
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:23 - Aug 15 with 2910 viewsgiant_stow

Saw Orient on Saturday and looked out for your El Mis guy - he played ok actually*. As a team Orient were just outclassed in the 2nd half (a bit unlucky in the first).Sorry, know you didn;t ask, but seeing as one of loan players was involved.

*but has a dickhead hairdo.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 17:24]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:43 - Aug 15 with 2835 viewsSharkey

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:14 - Aug 15 by the_toff

There were no tickets at £21.50. South Stand is £23.50 for an adult but no under 11 concessions, so would've cost more.

The cheapest in the ground was £25.75 for the corner blocks, I paid £27.75 for 1 block along as I thought for £2 it's worth being a bit more central.

EDIT: I'm fine with it though, I paid it and I'm hoping for some champagne football :)

I think the Bricklayers (bý North Station) is nice. Probably quite a few Wimbledon fans too, but it's always amicable in my experience. Nearer than that to the ground, I'm sorry I cannot help you. (Maybe some people who went to the Luton game can help you?) A bit nearer to town, (i.e. further from the ground, ) the Victoria is good.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:44 - Aug 15 with 2830 viewsColchesterFan1992

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:14 - Aug 15 by the_toff

Should have just bought tickets in the cheapest block and moved across like all the regulars do 🤣

Dog and pheasant is a 10 minute walk away with free parking and avoids the chaos of the club car park afterwards
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:53 - Aug 15 with 2809 viewsSharkey

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:23 - Aug 15 by giant_stow

Saw Orient on Saturday and looked out for your El Mis guy - he played ok actually*. As a team Orient were just outclassed in the 2nd half (a bit unlucky in the first).Sorry, know you didn;t ask, but seeing as one of loan players was involved.

*but has a dickhead hairdo.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 17:24]

Wycombe v Orient tonight. (KVY v. El Mizouni) It's a relegation six-pointer, I reckon.
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:57 - Aug 15 with 2797 viewsgiant_stow

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 17:53 - Aug 15 by Sharkey

Wycombe v Orient tonight. (KVY v. El Mizouni) It's a relegation six-pointer, I reckon.

Reckon you're right - Orient badly need a win.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 18:47 - Aug 15 with 2704 viewsJrm_72

Im at Cambridge vs Stevenage tonight. "Top of the table" clash and a chance to see how our boy Ahadme is getting on.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 18:47]
I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 19:02 - Aug 15 with 2658 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I'm off to watch Colchester tonight on 18:47 - Aug 15 by Jrm_72

Im at Cambridge vs Stevenage tonight. "Top of the table" clash and a chance to see how our boy Ahadme is getting on.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 18:47]

The better he does the more chance of a sale.

He's actually a decent L1 frontman, I don't think i've ever seen anyone give Woolfy such a hard time.

Could Cambridge afford £200k? I think that's what we were rumoured to have paid for him, I heard it wasn't a massive fee.
Will the attendance make half that of our pre-season Luton takeover? (n/t) on 19:12 - Aug 15 with 2641 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024