Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head 13:02 - Aug 15 with 1807 viewsGlasgowBlue

Phil Ham seen in the press box waving imaginary yellow cards at various Stoke players on a Saturday.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 1698 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do we always assume it's yellow? If i'm going to try and get an opposition player carded i'm going for red.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:40 - Aug 15 with 1609 viewsPhilTWTD

I was having a joke with the person I was sitting with! The lack of bookings for cynical fouls had got a bit silly by the middle of the second half.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:43 - Aug 15 with 1534 viewsPhilTWTD

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:13 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

Why do we always assume it's yellow? If i'm going to try and get an opposition player carded i'm going for red.

Good call. Perhaps upgrade to a handcuffs gesture, implying they ought to immediately be arrested.
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:45 - Aug 15 with 1509 viewsZoomba

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:40 - Aug 15 by PhilTWTD

I was having a joke with the person I was sitting with! The lack of bookings for cynical fouls had got a bit silly by the middle of the second half.

I reckon the referee forgot to do his arm raising warm ups, that's why there was so few cards. Only way I can process how few cards Stoke got for a lot of those cynical/professional fouls.
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 14:02 - Aug 15 with 1406 viewsFunge

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:43 - Aug 15 by PhilTWTD

Good call. Perhaps upgrade to a handcuffs gesture, implying they ought to immediately be arrested.

Didn't work too well for David Norris, as I recall.
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 14:54 - Aug 15 with 1297 viewsSteve_M

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 13:40 - Aug 15 by PhilTWTD

I see it’s now a booking if players ask for cards. Led to Rotherham losing a player for, apparently overcelebrating a goal, and then asking for a card. Having seen what Stoke got away with it looked a total farce.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 20:20 - Aug 15 with 996 viewsGarv

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 14:54 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

I see it’s now a booking if players ask for cards. Led to Rotherham losing a player for, apparently overcelebrating a goal, and then asking for a card. Having seen what Stoke got away with it looked a total farce.

It's an interesting one.

I'd like to know if players are also getting booked simply for telling/asking the referee to book someone i.e without using the gesture itself. If not, it seems pretty harsh. I'm pretty sure it's always been foreign players who have waved the imaginary card, presumably because it's easier than trying to say it in broken English. I don't think I've ever seen an English player use the gesture. Not against it overall, players have got away with a lot for a long time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 20:48 - Aug 15 with 935 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 20:20 - Aug 15 by Garv

It's an interesting one.

I'd like to know if players are also getting booked simply for telling/asking the referee to book someone i.e without using the gesture itself. If not, it seems pretty harsh. I'm pretty sure it's always been foreign players who have waved the imaginary card, presumably because it's easier than trying to say it in broken English. I don't think I've ever seen an English player use the gesture. Not against it overall, players have got away with a lot for a long time.

Whilst I get the point, there is more dissent being shown through the gesture than the words which the crowd won't be aware of and I think the idea is that the rule changes might lead to greater respect for the officials.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 892 viewsgosblue

How about ‘he must be getting close to a card ref!’ You are not saying he should be booked but are respectfully sowing the seeds. Who was the Bolton player in the playoffs that was booked for reminding Barry Knight that he hadn’t been booked.
Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I did wonder what KMcK’s report on the ref might look like when sent to PGMOL

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 22:15 - Aug 15 with 754 viewsyorkshireblue

Tut tut. The power of the banhamner has gone to his head on 14:54 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

Come for the red card… but stay for the absolute howler that led to the opening goal…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024