Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( 14:20 - Aug 25 with 4429 viewsgeg1992

KM hoping for 2-3 additions next week.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 14:20]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:21 - Aug 25 with 3381 viewsKieran_Knows

Exactly the reason why we need more competition/bodies in the door to compete with Hirst and Burgess.

Hopefully we get them next week.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:22 - Aug 25 with 3359 viewsgeg1992

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:21 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

Exactly the reason why we need more competition/bodies in the door to compete with Hirst and Burgess.

Indeed! Hopefully they both pull through. I'm not so confident without Hirst especially.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:24 - Aug 25 with 3292 viewstractorboy1978

And why we need someone similar in style/quality to rotate with Hirst during games. He looked visibly done last week with half hour left. We don't want him overworked and getting a lengthy injury.
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:26 - Aug 25 with 3255 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:24 - Aug 25 by tractorboy1978

And why we need someone similar in style/quality to rotate with Hirst during games. He looked visibly done last week with half hour left. We don't want him overworked and getting a lengthy injury.

He chased down a ball in the second half last weekend on the left wing which QPR knocked out for a throw in and I thought he was going to collapse afterwards. Ran himself in to the ground, quite literally.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:26 - Aug 25 with 3245 viewspointofblue

Especially after the start we've made, we don't need to take unnecessary risks. Rest both, bring in Edmundson and Ladapo.

Last thing we need is them playing and picking up a longer term injury for doing so.

ETA - Removed the phrase 'free hit'; didn't mean it to come across as it did.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:11]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 2936 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Described them as 'little niggles'

I think they'll probably both make it or else why notify Leeds ahead of the kick off?

Also interesting he said Williams can cover at centre half, and is more like 6ft that 5' 7
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 2844 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:26 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

Especially after the start we've made, we don't need to take unnecessary risks. Rest both, bring in Edmundson and Ladapo.

Last thing we need is them playing and picking up a longer term injury for doing so.

I doubt KM is looking at it as a free hit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:57 - Aug 25 with 2804 viewsle2blue

A nice little reminder from Kieran to Mark Ashton and the board as to why they need to get the deals done next week.
Login to get fewer ads

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 2769 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:57 - Aug 25 by le2blue

A nice little reminder from Kieran to Mark Ashton and the board as to why they need to get the deals done next week.

I don't think for a second KM would be playing that game.

EDIT: he's merely reiterating the message Ashton game a week or so ago.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:00]

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 2728 viewsITFCBlues

Indeed! HUGE drop off in quality from Hirst and Edmundson hasn't played that much football the last 6 months so that's also a big ask.

Need to get these deals done next week as we start to look a little bit short with 2 or 3 injured

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 2727 viewsBig_Jase

Leeds is not a free hit, we are a club who want to compete in this division. There’s no such thing as a “free-hit”. What a weird attitude to have, we aren’t minnows for christ sake.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:02 - Aug 25 with 2715 viewsBlueBoots

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:47 - Aug 25 by burnbudgiesburn

Described them as 'little niggles'

I think they'll probably both make it or else why notify Leeds ahead of the kick off?

Also interesting he said Williams can cover at centre half, and is more like 6ft that 5' 7

Wiki has him as 5' 6", and Transfermarkt as 5' 9" so someone needs to get a tape measure out and sort that

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:06 - Aug 25 with 2678 viewspennblue

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:26 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

He chased down a ball in the second half last weekend on the left wing which QPR knocked out for a throw in and I thought he was going to collapse afterwards. Ran himself in to the ground, quite literally.

You have to say Ahadme would do the best job of providing a physical replacement for Hirst. Freddie is not a direct replacement for Hirst imo

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:08 - Aug 25 with 2643 viewsITFCBlues

In what relm is this a free hit?! Ridiculous thing to even suggest.

This is the level we need to be competing at to get out of this league.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:09 - Aug 25 with 2639 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I hope Edmundson can step back up into the team if Burgess is out, although he's been in and out of the side with injuries himself.

Baggott could be an interesting choice. I remember thinking Burley was mad picking Titus Bramble in 2001, when we had Mowbray, Venus, McGreal, Brown and even John Scales on the books, Bramble, who at that point had only been a bit player and he went on to have an amazing season!
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:09 - Aug 25 with 2637 viewspointofblue

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:54 - Aug 25 by homer_123

I doubt KM is looking at it as a free hit.

I agree. Maybe free hit is the wrong phrase. But better for them to miss this game, if there is any risk at all, than play and cause more issues. If it's minor, as it sounds, they should both be back for Cardiff anyway.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:09]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:19 - Aug 25 with 2513 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:02 - Aug 25 by BlueBoots

Wiki has him as 5' 6", and Transfermarkt as 5' 9" so someone needs to get a tape measure out and sort that

Not like someone to be inaccurate when it comes to length.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:22 - Aug 25 with 2477 viewsnrb1985

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:59 - Aug 25 by homer_123

I don't think for a second KM would be playing that game.

EDIT: he's merely reiterating the message Ashton game a week or so ago.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:00]

I think that’s exactly what he’s doing.

Very rarely if ever has he explicitly mentioned players by name when discussing availability in a pre match press conference. Have to assume there’s a reason why now and the players in the two positions we quite obviously need to strengthen.

I think both probably end up playing but a little reminder to MA that an injury in either of those positions leaves us looking much weaker.
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 2461 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:22 - Aug 25 by nrb1985

Very rarely if ever has he explicitly mentioned players by name when discussing availability in a pre match press conference. Have to assume there’s a reason why now and the players in the two positions we quite obviously need to strengthen.

I think both probably end up playing but a little reminder to MA that an injury in either of those positions leaves us looking much weaker.

This.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 2455 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:22 - Aug 25 by nrb1985

I couldn't disagree more.

Nothing to suggest that KM needs to do this given Ashton went public a week or so ago about us wanting more and KM has said the same.

People reading far far too much into stuff.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:24 - Aug 25 with 2446 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:23 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

This.

Do you think the two of them are no longer of speaking terms?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:26 - Aug 25 with 2420 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:24 - Aug 25 by homer_123

Just a coincidence then with a week left in the transfer market?

This sort of thing happens with every manager/CEO/Chairman up and down the country.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:27 - Aug 25 with 2405 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:26 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

Just a coincidence then with a week left in the transfer market?

This sort of thing happens with every manager/CEO/Chairman up and down the country.

Odd take, given they have literally both said the same thing as each other.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:27 - Aug 25 with 2402 viewsnrb1985

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:24 - Aug 25 by homer_123

This goes on all the time.

Nothing to see here. Let’s not forget KM worked for Poch and Jose, sure he picked up a few “hints and tips” along the way.

Poch threw on a 17 year old up front last weekend to make the exact same point I’m sure to his owners.
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:28 - Aug 25 with 2392 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:27 - Aug 25 by homer_123

Odd take, given they have literally both said the same thing as each other.

.... and this is just a timely reminder with a week left in the transfer window.

It's not a bad thing, but it happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024