Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( 14:20 - Aug 25 with 4452 viewsgeg1992

KM hoping for 2-3 additions next week.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 14:20]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:28 - Aug 25 with 1021 viewspointofblue

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:26 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

Just a coincidence then with a week left in the transfer market?

This sort of thing happens with every manager/CEO/Chairman up and down the country.

You think, by going public, McKenna is hoping to turn the heat up under Ashton over new arrivals?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:29 - Aug 25 with 1013 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:28 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

.... and this is just a timely reminder with a week left in the transfer window.

It's not a bad thing, but it happens.

So, how do you explain him talking about Walton's injury or Clarkes injury then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:30 - Aug 25 with 1005 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:28 - Aug 25 by pointofblue

You think, by going public, McKenna is hoping to turn the heat up under Ashton over new arrivals?

I think it's exactly as nrb1985 has put it. There isn't anything wrong in that case, just a little reminder.

It's not about 'turning up the heat or putting pressure on MA', just quite simply a reminder, of which all managers do from time to time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:30 - Aug 25 with 998 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:27 - Aug 25 by nrb1985

This goes on all the time.

Nothing to see here. Let’s not forget KM worked for Poch and Jose, sure he picked up a few “hints and tips” along the way.

Poch threw on a 17 year old up front last weekend to make the exact same point I’m sure to his owners.

My question remains unanswered.

What suggests that KM 'needs' to do this? He's been vocal about other injuries in recent weeks, Walton by way of example.

Are you suggestion that his relationship with Ashton needs this approach now?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:31 - Aug 25 with 996 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:30 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's exactly as nrb1985 has put it. There isn't anything wrong in that case, just a little reminder.

It's not about 'turning up the heat or putting pressure on MA', just quite simply a reminder, of which all managers do from time to time.

But why does Ashton need a reminder? Ashton has, literally, said the same as KM.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:34 - Aug 25 with 981 viewsnrb1985

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:31 - Aug 25 by homer_123

But why does Ashton need a reminder? Ashton has, literally, said the same as KM.

Maybe he’s haggling over fees or wages and KM just wants him to pay up and get it done?

Maybe a million one other things but I think it’s pretty clear what the msg is here.

Unless someone can offer a better explanation as to why for the first time in his 18 months here he’s mentioned injured players by name…
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:34]
Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:34 - Aug 25 with 965 viewsITFCBlues

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:30 - Aug 25 by homer_123

My question remains unanswered.

What suggests that KM 'needs' to do this? He's been vocal about other injuries in recent weeks, Walton by way of example.

Are you suggestion that his relationship with Ashton needs this approach now?

We've litreally got to the last week of the window still needing 2 or 3 players. It's been a slow burner and I'm sure he's probably just abit frustrated at our inability to get deals over the line thus far.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:35 - Aug 25 with 960 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:31 - Aug 25 by homer_123

... because were short in those positions and we're currently in a position of strength?

Of which it took 34 days (I think that was from the EADT report yesterday) from when Hutchinson signed to when Williams signed yesterday. If you don't think we'd have wanted more players in by now, then that's just silly.

Phil has even said we was trying for Simms at the same time as Hirst .... he left Hirst on last week for 10 minutes longer than he should've done, why was that?

I will say it again, there is no bashing of MA, there is nothing wrong with what McKenna has said, just simply it happens.

Login to get fewer ads

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:35 - Aug 25 with 954 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:34 - Aug 25 by nrb1985

Maybe he’s haggling over fees or wages and KM just wants him to pay up and get it done?

Maybe a million one other things but I think it’s pretty clear what the msg is here.

Unless someone can offer a better explanation as to why for the first time in his 18 months here he’s mentioned injured players by name…
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:34]

So, in the last few weeks he hasn't mentioned Clarke or Walton by name then?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 947 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:35 - Aug 25 by homer_123

So, in the last few weeks he hasn't mentioned Clarke or Walton by name then?

But Walton was leaked in the press 2-3 days earlier? He may or may not have bought it up, but it was put to him, rather than him bringing it up himself.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 944 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:35 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

... because were short in those positions and we're currently in a position of strength?

Of which it took 34 days (I think that was from the EADT report yesterday) from when Hutchinson signed to when Williams signed yesterday. If you don't think we'd have wanted more players in by now, then that's just silly.

Phil has even said we was trying for Simms at the same time as Hirst .... he left Hirst on last week for 10 minutes longer than he should've done, why was that?

I will say it again, there is no bashing of MA, there is nothing wrong with what McKenna has said, just simply it happens.

You haven't addressed the point though that both Ashton and KM have literally said we need 2 or 3 more.

I meant only a week or so ago people were surprised Ashton went public with it.....KM has re-iterated it.

So, why does Ashton need a public reminder. There's no logic there. We all know they want 2 or 3 more.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:40 - Aug 25 with 922 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:37 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

But Walton was leaked in the press 2-3 days earlier? He may or may not have bought it up, but it was put to him, rather than him bringing it up himself.

He missed the Austria games, not leaked at all.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:42 - Aug 25 with 916 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:37 - Aug 25 by homer_123

You haven't addressed the point though that both Ashton and KM have literally said we need 2 or 3 more.

I meant only a week or so ago people were surprised Ashton went public with it.....KM has re-iterated it.

So, why does Ashton need a public reminder. There's no logic there. We all know they want 2 or 3 more.

You keep making out like Ashton only said this a week ago? You do realise he said it in Austria, 28th July to be exact, almost 1 month ago now, of which we've signed 1 full back.

We was in for Ellis Simms at the same time we was in for Hirst, clearly they want 2 strikers, they've got 1.

Maybe McKenna wants them in quicker?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 15:43]

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:45 - Aug 25 with 897 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:42 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

You keep making out like Ashton only said this a week ago? You do realise he said it in Austria, 28th July to be exact, almost 1 month ago now, of which we've signed 1 full back.

We was in for Ellis Simms at the same time we was in for Hirst, clearly they want 2 strikers, they've got 1.

Irrespective of when he said, they are both saying the 'same' thing right?

Maybe KM means nothing by it at all and, like Ashton and the rest of the club, is merely stating that we'd like a couple more through the door and that is it, no more, no less.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:47 - Aug 25 with 877 viewsKieran_Knows

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:45 - Aug 25 by homer_123

Irrespective of when he said, they are both saying the 'same' thing right?

Maybe KM means nothing by it at all and, like Ashton and the rest of the club, is merely stating that we'd like a couple more through the door and that is it, no more, no less.

We'll agree to disagree Homer!

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:50 - Aug 25 with 859 viewshomer_123

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:47 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

We'll agree to disagree Homer!

Looks like it! Here's to 3pts this weekend.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 16:04 - Aug 25 with 823 viewsWhos_blue

I really doubt there's very much to see here folks.
This forensic analysis of every utterance from anyone involved in the club is worrying.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 16:06 - Aug 25 with 796 viewspointofblue

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:42 - Aug 25 by Kieran_Knows

McKenna would have wanted all transfer business to be done by opening weekend, as would every football manager.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 17:04 - Aug 25 with 719 viewsSomethingBlue

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:23 - Aug 25 by homer_123

I couldn't disagree more.

Nothing to suggest that KM needs to do this given Ashton went public a week or so ago about us wanting more and KM has said the same.

People reading far far too much into stuff.

I guess we’ll see when the team is out but my immediate reaction was that KM is giving things a little nudge there. It’s really not unusual and doesn’t mean anyone is at odds with one another.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 17:06 - Aug 25 with 711 viewsBlueBadger

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 14:54 - Aug 25 by homer_123

I doubt KM is looking at it as a free hit.

'Free hit' attitude is what got us relegated and marooned in the first place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 580 viewsGuthrum

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 15:34 - Aug 25 by ITFCBlues

We've litreally got to the last week of the window still needing 2 or 3 players. It's been a slow burner and I'm sure he's probably just abit frustrated at our inability to get deals over the line thus far.

Needing 2 or 3 players??

Or it would be nice to have ...

Not like there are massive gaps in the squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 19:25 - Aug 25 with 569 viewsNthQldITFC

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 16:04 - Aug 25 by Whos_blue

I really doubt there's very much to see here folks.
This forensic analysis of every utterance from anyone involved in the club is worrying.

I think that you're reading the situation all wrong to say that it is worrying. I think it is concerning.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 19:52 - Aug 25 with 538 viewsCoastalblue

I'm with Homie on this, currently everybody seems to be pointing and pulling in the same direction and just reiterating what has been said all along, they want another 2-3 in by the end of the window.

Doesn't mean it will happen, neither does it mean KM is likely to feel the rug has been pulled from under him if it doesn't.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Burgess & Hirst have picked up knocks :( on 20:12 - Aug 25 with 515 viewsVegtablue

Great interview that.

Reinforces the feeling that Williams' arrival is a coup for us rather than a lifeline for him. Answer received, we'll be paying a healthy portion of his wages and he's here to improve the starting XI. I'd love to know who else in the squad McKenna would openly describe as possessing "Premier League qualities" if prompted. And his overnight 5-inch growth spurt is an added bonus.

Hopefully McKenna's reiteration that he wants those additions - much more conspicuous than general sentiments on squad improvement that managers often provide at this stage of the window - doesn't land him in the cross hairs of some on this forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024