Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any ‘locals’ to Reading 09:02 - Aug 29 with 2248 viewsSitfcB

Or anyone with knowledge have any tips for parking today? Apart from Gatwick obviously.

Don’t particularly want to use the stadium car park, I think last time I went we parked in a car park on the industrial estate opposite the retail park.

Not exactly going to be arriving early either.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:03 - Aug 29 with 2217 viewsHerbivore

For Reading you're better off parking at Heathrow than Gatwick for a change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:23 - Aug 29 with 2146 viewsberkstractorboy

Always avoid the area on matchdays due to traffic but I think there is parking on the industrial estate off Acre Rd. Separate to stadium car park which is members only I think there is parking on waste land off the A33 just north off the stadium or just off

Just off M4 Jnc 11 down Imperial Way there is a relatively new retail area with Nandos, Burger King and a Premier Inn that has some parking but I don't know if they cordone that off or charge for it but would be a 10 min walk to stadium.

As you come off M4 Jnc 11 you don't really want to head far off to the right as the Whitley Wood estate is not the best and don't know how safe cars would be.

Luckily for me I can get the football bus with what little Reading fans there are from north Reading.
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:29 - Aug 29 with 2111 viewsSharkey

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:23 - Aug 29 by berkstractorboy

Always avoid the area on matchdays due to traffic but I think there is parking on the industrial estate off Acre Rd. Separate to stadium car park which is members only I think there is parking on waste land off the A33 just north off the stadium or just off

Just off M4 Jnc 11 down Imperial Way there is a relatively new retail area with Nandos, Burger King and a Premier Inn that has some parking but I don't know if they cordone that off or charge for it but would be a 10 min walk to stadium.

As you come off M4 Jnc 11 you don't really want to head far off to the right as the Whitley Wood estate is not the best and don't know how safe cars would be.

Luckily for me I can get the football bus with what little Reading fans there are from north Reading.

'Football bus' sounds very civilised. Is that organised by the club, the council, or the fans? Does it leave whenever the game is over?
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:32 - Aug 29 with 2098 viewsLeBlue

I always use the Wood PLC (previously known as Foster Wheeler) park and ride.

From Jct 11 of the M4, take exit B3270 (signposted Earley) and follow signs for ‘Match Reading FC Park & Ride’. It's about a 10 minute bus ride to the stadium.
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:36 - Aug 29 with 2058 viewsHerbivore

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:23 - Aug 29 by berkstractorboy

Isn't the waste land north of the stadium just Reading?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 2010 viewsSitfcB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:32 - Aug 29 by LeBlue

I always use the Wood PLC (previously known as Foster Wheeler) park and ride.

From Jct 11 of the M4, take exit B3270 (signposted Earley) and follow signs for ‘Match Reading FC Park & Ride’. It's about a 10 minute bus ride to the stadium.

According to the ground guide that’s no longer in operation!

‘We understand that the Wood Park and Ride, Shinfield Park, RG2 9FW (previously the Amec Foster Wheeler) which Town fans have used in the past is no longer in operation.’

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.ipswichtownfcservices.co.u

COYB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 1965 viewsberkstractorboy

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:29 - Aug 29 by Sharkey

'Football bus' sounds very civilised. Is that organised by the club, the council, or the fans? Does it leave whenever the game is over?

Reading buses run football buses from all different parts of Reading to the games which is very handy. Could try to drop onto one of those routes, but for folk driving from Ipswich when you come off M4 you are so close to the ground anyway.

Yeah leaves immediately after the game and after 9pm KO they say they leave 10pm but no chance with the new injury time plus could be extra time can it leave 10pm! Basically can't hang around too long after the final whistle
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:58 - Aug 29 with 1942 viewsberkstractorboy

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:36 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Isn't the waste land north of the stadium just Reading?

did you mean an official Reading car park. From the OP I assume the stadium parking meant was that actually onsite next to mad stad. What I have used in the paste off left just after the big roundabout after B&Q is private I thought (car park 6 pinned below)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Car+Park+6,+Reading+RG2+0QS/@51.4253223,-0.982
Login to get fewer ads

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 1915 viewsinsignificants

I've just booked on the reading fc website. Car Park 6 is only £5. Seems fair- and saves hassle when you get there.
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:13 - Aug 29 with 1876 viewspennblue

I worked on Green Park for a number of years (which is basically where the ground is), and used to park in the numerous company car parks behind, but I really can't see more than a 8,000 crowd tonight so it should be quick to get away from the main car park.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:17 - Aug 29 with 1858 viewsSitfcB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:02 - Aug 29 by insignificants

I've just booked on the reading fc website. Car Park 6 is only £5. Seems fair- and saves hassle when you get there.

Probably easier to get out if than the one right next to the ground, do you have a link for it please?? I might just book that, as you say, saves hassle when arriving.

Don’t think it’s going to be a massive home crowd either so getting away might not be that bad hopefully.

COYB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:22 - Aug 29 with 1833 viewsHogger

I can't find the link to book this - would you be so kind?
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:29 - Aug 29 with 1816 viewsStokieBlue

Not really relevant to your question but for any going through the city Sweeney Todd is a magnificent pie shop if people are peckish.

http://www.sweeneyandtodd.co.uk/

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:44 - Aug 29 with 1765 viewsLeBlue

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 09:44 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

According to the ground guide that’s no longer in operation!

‘We understand that the Wood Park and Ride, Shinfield Park, RG2 9FW (previously the Amec Foster Wheeler) which Town fans have used in the past is no longer in operation.’

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.ipswichtownfcservices.co.u

Thanks for that! I hadn't realised so will try a plan B.

Much appreciated mate.
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 1736 viewsitfc_bucks

Can you share a link? I can't find a purchase link on their site...
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:56 - Aug 29 with 1725 viewsSitfcB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:52 - Aug 29 by itfc_bucks

Can you share a link? I can't find a purchase link on their site...

Glad I wasn’t the only one.

COYB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:58 - Aug 29 with 1704 viewsTootingTown

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:17 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

Probably easier to get out if than the one right next to the ground, do you have a link for it please?? I might just book that, as you say, saves hassle when arriving.

Don’t think it’s going to be a massive home crowd either so getting away might not be that bad hopefully.

I've just booked Car Park Red 3 from here, I think 6 is also available to book on the same link.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/reading%20v%20ipswich%20town-%20c
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 11:01 - Aug 29 with 1663 viewsle2blue

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:56 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

Glad I wasn’t the only one.

Link is here: https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/reading%20v%20ipswich%20town-%20c
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 1642 viewsBluebell

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:17 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

That was the one we parked in last time we were at a game there. Took over an hour to get out.

It was a Saturday afternoon so the roads round it were busy. May be a lot better tonight. I think we will try the industrial park this evening.
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 11:18 - Aug 29 with 1582 viewsSitfcB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 11:01 - Aug 29 by le2blue

Link is here: https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/reading%20v%20ipswich%20town-%20c

Cheers for that, have booked into car park 6, says the ticket has to be printed but hopefully they can scan from mobile…..no printer!

COYB

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 12:54 - Aug 29 with 1437 viewsbackwaywhen

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:22 - Aug 29 by Hogger

Go onto Reading fc ticket site , it’s on there car park tickets £5 pre booked , then print
Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 15:54 - Aug 29 with 1249 viewsinsignificants

Any ‘locals’ to Reading on 10:22 - Aug 29 by Hogger

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/reading%20v%20ipswich%20town-%20c

Click on car park 6.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024