Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice day for it. 11:27 - Sep 8 with 1594 viewsSharkey

Colchester's first game of the season was postponed because of rain. Tomorrow's might be very lengthy because of all the drinks breaks that are going to be needed. (Am I right in thinking that it's not THAT long ago that players were not allowed to take on liquid during the game? )

What's the hottest league game you can remember?
Nice day for it. on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 1496 viewsSteve_M

Reading on the opening day of 2003-04. That was really fecking hot, the Sunday was - at the time - the hottest day recorded in the UK.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice day for it. on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 1472 viewsxrayspecs

Not the hottest, but I attended the opening game of the 77/78 (?) season against Arsenal. It rained so hard the referee took the players off the pitch for about 20 minutes.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 12:34]
Nice day for it. on 11:55 - Sep 8 with 1445 viewsEastTownBlue

Nice day for it. on 11:49 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

Reading on the opening day of 2003-04. That was really fecking hot, the Sunday was - at the time - the hottest day recorded in the UK.

Was just looking at the weather records for that day, a mere 34c during the match. Recall it being rather hot in the shaded areas of the ground which was unusual.
Nice day for it. on 12:07 - Sep 8 with 1420 viewsSharkey

Nice day for it. on 11:55 - Sep 8 by EastTownBlue

Was just looking at the weather records for that day, a mere 34c during the match. Recall it being rather hot in the shaded areas of the ground which was unusual.

This got me wondering if the Rothmans yearbooks (Utilita nowadays) had/have short write-ups of all the games in a consistent format, like Wisden does for first-class cricket, noting any curiosities that may have occurred (e.g. play stopped for dog on pitch). A friend of mine has all those books going back to the first edition,.. but I've never opened one.
Nice day for it. on 12:12 - Sep 8 with 1404 viewsPhilTWTD

MK Dons at home was ridiculous last season.
Nice day for it. on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 1341 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not a league match, indeed not even a competitive one, but Maidstone away at Corinthians FC August 1990 must have been pushing, if not, mid 30s. I purchased an ice cold can of coke from the refreshment hut and it was lukewarm by the time I got back pitchside.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Nice day for it. on 13:10 - Sep 8 with 1253 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Nice day for it. on 12:12 - Sep 8 by PhilTWTD

This match was the first one that came to mind. Said to my lad at kick off I couldn’t recall a Town game in the heat like that before.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Nice day for it. on 13:46 - Sep 8 with 1145 viewsSteve_M

Ah, I missed that one as was at a wedding. So was in a suit all day....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Nice day for it. on 13:54 - Sep 8 with 1120 viewsdavblue

yeah! The hottest I've ever been to by far.

i remember being in the fan zone waiting to get an ice cream for my boy and my trainers feeling like they were on fire on the artificial grass as it seemed to be sucking in all of the heat.
Nice day for it. on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 977 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice day for it. on 13:54 - Sep 8 by davblue

yeah! The hottest I've ever been to by far.

i remember being in the fan zone waiting to get an ice cream for my boy and my trainers feeling like they were on fire on the artificial grass as it seemed to be sucking in all of the heat.

I'd forgotten the Fanzone, I walked across it on the way in and remember it being too hot for people to stay standing on.
Nice day for it. on 15:40 - Sep 8 with 901 viewsTractorCam

Dusseldorf away in 2015, 32 degress stood in the uncovered away end.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Nice day for it. on 15:54 - Sep 8 with 851 viewshoppy

Nice day for it. on 15:40 - Sep 8 by TractorCam

Dusseldorf away in 2015, 32 degress stood in the uncovered away end.

We got around that problem by missing our flight in the morning and then not arriving until the afterparty after the match... and even then, just after Mick and the players had left.

We did make a decent weekend of it though, despite missing the main reason we had for going.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nice day for it. on 16:21 - Sep 8 with 771 viewsBluePG

Nice day for it. on 12:21 - Sep 8 by gainsboroughblue

Not a league match, indeed not even a competitive one, but Maidstone away at Corinthians FC August 1990 must have been pushing, if not, mid 30s. I purchased an ice cold can of coke from the refreshment hut and it was lukewarm by the time I got back pitchside.

32.7° in Central London that day. A scorcher!

Poll: Best Dane?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024