Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad 10:28 - Sep 21 with 9376 viewsunstableblue

I think most of us agree Hladky is undroppable at the moment, so Walton will have to bide his time.

Williams looks very strong, but given Clarke performance on Tuesday and that Davis injury is lite and he’ll be back soon, I suggest he’ll drop back to the bench.

Axel needs time to get really robust and back strengthened - but he’ll surely be knocking on the door, and as he’s our highest paid player and part of the ‘Premiership Ready’ squad updates… he’s surely going to displace one of our CBs. Which is crazy given how well Wolfie and Burgess are playing. Which side would he play?! Will we see him alongside Baggot/Fridge against Wolves??

Taylor, Humphreys, and Evans push Luongo and Morsy.

Burns is on fire, Broadhead is doing well but patchy, but Omari is giving McKenna a wonderful headache.

And certainly for all of the above with this crazy run of games and yellow cards looming, rotation is going to happen.

One area of the squad which I think may be in McKenna’s January plans is centre forward. Don’t get me wrong the work rate of Hirst was remarkable on Tuesday. He ran so far and pressed all over the back line. But is he the next level? Could he have done better with his chances? Scarlett failed to impress. I think Freddie will get games.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:23 - Sep 21 with 2189 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 12:37 - Sep 21 by unstableblue

Sorry to clarify I think Broadhead is fantastic and for me our best player.

But this season he has drifted in influence in games, now that is because he is being targeted and very tightly marked as much as his form. But I do think in a few games he’s failed to get going till later in the game.

Of course when he clicks he scores a wunder goal! And changes games. He was moving beautifully over the ground when he came on on Tuesday.

Burns on Tuesday was terrific he grabbed the game and brought a lot of physicality and is getting service into the box. He seems to be very high in confidence. And yes for me is bringing a little bit more than Broadhead.

Omari brought a a hell of a lot himself to the left side. Including some brilliant pressing and tackling.

It’s a great squad, full of good people with good competition.

Broady's role is a big reason why davis gets the space he does and how we end up with so many davis/chaplin combos

Imo if one players on fire whilst not having an end product, the one with end product is surely more on fire than patchy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:31 - Sep 21 with 2172 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:04 - Sep 21 by FrimleyBlue

Interesting how you discuss things dependent on poster

You spent hours saying goals weren't that important.

Interesting.

That is not anything like what I said.

I'm actually fed up with you both misrepresenting what I say and being disingenuous with your responses. You've also flat out lied about what I have previously posted this weekend.

Stop it or I am going to have to assume that you're actually too stupid to construct a coherent argument with context and nuance.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:36 - Sep 21 with 2135 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:31 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

That is not anything like what I said.

I'm actually fed up with you both misrepresenting what I say and being disingenuous with your responses. You've also flat out lied about what I have previously posted this weekend.

Stop it or I am going to have to assume that you're actually too stupid to construct a coherent argument with context and nuance.

SB

hey SB, it's fine. I like your change of views.

4 goals in the calender year was absolutely fine wasn't it.

now you believe end product is important to rate a player

I appreciate your change of opinion.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:38 - Sep 21 with 2144 viewstractorboy1978

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 12:38 - Sep 21 by vilanovablue

I'm pretty sure the club have said he is on decent wages publicly.

No they haven't.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:41 - Sep 21 with 2130 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:36 - Sep 21 by FrimleyBlue

FFS.

You genuinely must have the logical reasoning power of a chipmunk high on something.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:57 - Sep 21 with 2096 viewsblueasfook

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:41 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

FFS.

You genuinely must have the logical reasoning power of a chipmunk high on something.

SB

Ha! That's a tremendous insult.

Next, tell him he has all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 14:01]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:04 - Sep 21 with 2066 viewsWallingford_Boy

Burns on fire?!

I think he’s very droppable right now.

RIP Sir Bobby

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:26 - Sep 21 with 2037 viewsBiGDonnie

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:04 - Sep 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Burns on fire?!

FFS. You haven't been to many games this year have you?

You realise the only other who thinks this is Dimbot?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:58 - Sep 21 with 1984 viewsTMWWNGAS

Walton will be back in (assuming he's near fitness) When Hladky picks up his 5th booking.

Personally I'd still prefer Walton but can't disagree Hladky has got stronger with each game he's played
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 1936 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Nice dilemmas for KM:

Walton or Hladky? Walton comes back in for me once fit

Two from Clarke, Davis and Williams - Davis and Williams in the long run

How does our play change when Morsy is suspended (soon...) and Taylor or Evans fills in? Depends on the opposition but likely Taylor given the pace of the Championship game

Keeping Hutch happy after that performance at Southampton - earlier sub than usual? Can he perform as well in Burns' role? Burns is a great player though is he our weakest link currently?
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 16:11 - Sep 21 with 1928 viewsHankScorpio

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 13:36 - Sep 21 by FrimleyBlue

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 17:14 - Sep 21 with 1871 viewsBlueBadger

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:04 - Sep 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Burns on fire?!

Even Frimmers is more correct than you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 1847 views_clive_baker_

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 10:33 - Sep 21 by tractorboy1978

"Scarlett failed to impress" - what a silly comment. He did nothing wrong and played the role exactly how McKenna would have wanted him to in the circumstances of the game. Some nice touches and I read he didn't give the ball away once.

20 minutes of football in a Town shirt away to Southampton (when I thought he did well to be fair) and he's failed to impress. Unreal.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 1814 viewsBigCommon

Injury updates coming from the club are, understandably a bit vague.. But Id put Broadhead, luongo, Clarke and possibly Hirst, plus Leif when hes back, into the "need to be managed" category. So, for me. It's not about dropping players. But we'll see KM utilising the squad with the "starters" and "finishers" scenario. So as not to overstrain anyone, whilst keeping up the intensity in games.
With KM beating the drum in recent interviews, about how good a place ITFC is for parent clubs to send their starletts. I get the impression that the loan market might be our preferred rout come January for any additions. Which would be lower risk financially. And would be ideal to fill a squad place for a few months, should someone like Baggott or Humphreys go out on loan in Jan'.
I dont think we desperately need a striker atm. Ok, so they've missed a few chances, which seem to stick in peoples minds. But KMs way is to create an overload/spare man, somewhere, anywhere on the pitch for us to exploit. The strikers are working their nuts off to play a big role in that part of the game as well as pressing the oppo into errors. Plus they've also notched goals between them. The team is scoring, the team is winning games...
Changing up the defence and/or keeper is a really tricky one, imo. We've been pretty solid. And even though, on paper, weve got potentially better players nearing fitness and ready to come in. Its always dicey chopping and changing that area of the pitch. Thats a difficult decision for KM to make.. But, personally, I'm not dropping Burgess unless he's got a knock. Nice to see Woolfy stepping up his game a bit. Perhaps Tuanzebe in the building has put a spring in his step? I mean, whether Axel starts or not, in the near future. As long as the current CBs are upping it due to his arrival, then its a win win...
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 19:20 - Sep 21 with 1765 viewsDeepBlueSea

Tuanzebe our highest paid player? Are you sure about that?! That’s utterly reckless by the club if true.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 19:26 - Sep 21 with 1759 viewsDeepBlueSea

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 11:09 - Sep 21 by DinDjarin

He's a 20 million pound + player if fit so its probably an educated gamble.

That’s simply not true. There isn’t a club in the land who’d spend that unless we got a couple of seasons of regularly excellent performances from him.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 21:26 - Sep 21 with 1693 viewsunstableblue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 19:20 - Sep 21 by DeepBlueSea

Tuanzebe our highest paid player? Are you sure about that?! That’s utterly reckless by the club if true.

Can’t see we can have attracted him here without him being on our highest wage

I also thought reckless and questioned whether it was linked to appearances like bonuses

But doubt it

Club obviously confident that with the right fitness and physio regimes he can ‘do a Luongo’

He’s a high calibre player

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 21:52 - Sep 21 with 1655 viewsVegtablue

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 18:05 - Sep 21 by BigCommon

Injury updates coming from the club are, understandably a bit vague.. But Id put Broadhead, luongo, Clarke and possibly Hirst, plus Leif when hes back, into the "need to be managed" category. So, for me. It's not about dropping players. But we'll see KM utilising the squad with the "starters" and "finishers" scenario. So as not to overstrain anyone, whilst keeping up the intensity in games.
With KM beating the drum in recent interviews, about how good a place ITFC is for parent clubs to send their starletts. I get the impression that the loan market might be our preferred rout come January for any additions. Which would be lower risk financially. And would be ideal to fill a squad place for a few months, should someone like Baggott or Humphreys go out on loan in Jan'.
I dont think we desperately need a striker atm. Ok, so they've missed a few chances, which seem to stick in peoples minds. But KMs way is to create an overload/spare man, somewhere, anywhere on the pitch for us to exploit. The strikers are working their nuts off to play a big role in that part of the game as well as pressing the oppo into errors. Plus they've also notched goals between them. The team is scoring, the team is winning games...
Changing up the defence and/or keeper is a really tricky one, imo. We've been pretty solid. And even though, on paper, weve got potentially better players nearing fitness and ready to come in. Its always dicey chopping and changing that area of the pitch. Thats a difficult decision for KM to make.. But, personally, I'm not dropping Burgess unless he's got a knock. Nice to see Woolfy stepping up his game a bit. Perhaps Tuanzebe in the building has put a spring in his step? I mean, whether Axel starts or not, in the near future. As long as the current CBs are upping it due to his arrival, then its a win win...

I thought before the Southampton game that Broadhead and Luongo were missing due to their injury records and not wanting to work them too hard. Then Omari produced one of the best performances of a Town player this season and I lost confidence in my earlier thoughts lol.

Who makes way as a starter if Hutchinson continues to excel? Would it be Broadhead most at risk or does he play across the line? I can see a situation developing in which Omari's starts follow the pattern of Jackson last season, but also one whereby he is wanted on the pitch as long as possible.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 07:18 - Sep 22 with 1554 viewsDinDjarin

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 19:26 - Sep 21 by DeepBlueSea

That’s simply not true. There isn’t a club in the land who’d spend that unless we got a couple of seasons of regularly excellent performances from him.

Which is what I meant by if fit.

Same as Broadhead who came here with an injury history but obviously over that and his value is now far more than what we paid.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 08:49 - Sep 22 with 1507 viewsWallingford_Boy

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 14:26 - Sep 21 by BiGDonnie

FFS. You haven't been to many games this year have you?

You realise the only other who thinks this is Dimbot?

Went to our last..

RIP Sir Bobby

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 08:58 - Sep 22 with 1499 viewsBiGDonnie

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 08:49 - Sep 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Went to our last..

And you still think Burns should be dropped?

Did you forget your glasses?

COYBs

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 09:03 - Sep 22 with 1492 viewsBlueDouglas

Brilliant that there's a debate about whether these quality players get in the first team!! Shows how far we've come.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 09:30 - Sep 22 with 1457 viewsBigCommon

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 21:52 - Sep 21 by Vegtablue

I thought before the Southampton game that Broadhead and Luongo were missing due to their injury records and not wanting to work them too hard. Then Omari produced one of the best performances of a Town player this season and I lost confidence in my earlier thoughts lol.

Who makes way as a starter if Hutchinson continues to excel? Would it be Broadhead most at risk or does he play across the line? I can see a situation developing in which Omari's starts follow the pattern of Jackson last season, but also one whereby he is wanted on the pitch as long as possible.

Yeah he looks a cracking player. Perhaps the player that we all wanted Edwards to be?
I'm interested to see how Broadhead and Burns react in the next few games. With Omari pushing for a regular start. Might get an extra gear out of them two.And maybe even Harness and Jacksonwill push themselves a bit more. It's all healthy competition at the end of the day. And gives KM plenty of options to rotate in game and on the bench.
Not sure if Omari would be an out and out replacement starter for anyone just yet, tbh. He's a talent, and he's just had a really decent game. Once we see him string 3 or 4 performances like that together, against different opposition ( which we probably will soon), then I suppose it would be Broadhead or Burns that get "rested". Chappers is pretty undroppable, isn't he? Unless he's jaded or picks up a knock.
Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 09:40 - Sep 22 with 1439 viewsArchiRob

Burns on fire?!

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how Daft and stupid it makes you appear

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 09:43 - Sep 22 with 1433 viewsBiGDonnie

Thoughts on Williams, Axel and Walton in first team? And striker quality - squad on 09:40 - Sep 22 by ArchiRob

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how Daft and stupid it makes you appear

The fact he was at Southampton makes it even worse.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024