Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stating the Obvious But …. 16:51 - Sep 23 with 5942 viewsMetal_Hacker

Hutchinson …..just WOW

Poll: If it were one or the other

Stating the Obvious But …. on 18:57 - Sep 23 with 1184 viewsBloomBlue

Definitely coming on as a sub against tiring defenders is looking like a very powerful weapon for us.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 1139 viewsyorkshireblue

If anyone involved at Chelsea is reading this - and let’s be honest, given their recent transfer history they may very well get ideas for forums - he’s rubbish.

Cut your loses, and give him to us. We’ll stick a 2% sell on clause so at least you may recoup some money down the line…
Stating the Obvious But …. on 19:50 - Sep 23 with 1096 viewsNthQldITFC

Stating the Obvious But …. on 16:53 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

Has to start at Huddersfield imo.

No problem with him starting, in a rotation or regularly. We'll pretty much always swap 3 or all 4 of our forward players in a match, and I suspect these players don't see anywhere near as much of a distinction between starting and playing 30/35 minutes at the end, particularly against tiring defences.

I suspect one of the most important things that KMc has done here is to genuinely instil the understanding in all of our players that it's about the squad all contributing rather than who gets the 11 starting shirts.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stating the Obvious But …. on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 1029 viewsVegtablue

Stating the Obvious But …. on 17:23 - Sep 23 by Cheese_Sandwich

Why?

Playing Burns with the option of Hutchinson on later in the game is working fine atm.

He was great off the bench today but he was also MOTM from the start against Southampton. Ultimately, you want your best players to be able to impact the game for as long as possible. Taken to the extreme, Messi in his glory years would have been the greatest impact sub of all time but no sane manager would have used him that way.

What a great headache for us to have.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 1007 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

He will score goals for us.
He will set up goals for us.
He will win penalties for us.

I would love it if he will play for us in the Premier League.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Stating the Obvious But …. on 20:29 - Sep 23 with 999 viewsCheese_Sandwich

Stating the Obvious But …. on 20:18 - Sep 23 by Vegtablue

He was great off the bench today but he was also MOTM from the start against Southampton. Ultimately, you want your best players to be able to impact the game for as long as possible. Taken to the extreme, Messi in his glory years would have been the greatest impact sub of all time but no sane manager would have used him that way.

What a great headache for us to have.

If we weren't doing so well I'd tend to agree maybe.

But Burns is solid for us and to replace him would be odd to say the least.

If the side could be tweaked to include Hutch over Clarke then sure.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 21:04 - Sep 23 with 950 viewsBonchosBicycle

Both Hutchinson and Broadhead for me are so exciting to see run with the ball. They both have an almost supernatural ability move past players like they aren't there when at their best. Fantastic stuff. Some of our cutbacks could be a little more thoughtful or accurate (looking at you Burns) but we have improved at that in the last year and think we'll continue to.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 21:49 - Sep 23 with 879 viewspointofblue

I feel graetful to have him yet sorry more often than not he starts on the bench. Yet today that was vital - his pace pinned Blackburn back after they gained a real foothold in the game. Obviously getting Jackson back will be good for that too, but the progress Hutchinson has made since his debut against Sunderland has been astounding.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:14 - Sep 23 with 827 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stating the Obvious But …. on 18:17 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

The timing of his introduction today was spot on (it’s almost as if McKenna knows what he’s doing lol). Having someone who could carry the ball and hit them on the break like that helped shift the momentum a bit. I’m not sure I’d start him yet regularly, but he’s not far off and that’s a nice option for us. He’s a real ‘bums off seats’ player isn’t he.

Jonny Williams was skilful and exciting, Ryan Fraser was lightning quick and exciting, Bersant Celina needed some love, got it from us, and was exciting.

None of them were as good as Gio.

But I think Omari Hutchinson might be!
Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:24 - Sep 23 with 803 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stating the Obvious But …. on 20:29 - Sep 23 by Cheese_Sandwich

If we weren't doing so well I'd tend to agree maybe.

But Burns is solid for us and to replace him would be odd to say the least.

If the side could be tweaked to include Hutch over Clarke then sure.

I would also love to see them doubling up on the Right. That could involve Burns at RWB and Hutchinson as the Right Forward in a 5-2-3 out of possession/3-4-3 in possession.

Unlikely to be Burns at RB in a 4-2-3-1.

I noticed that Omari immediately slotted in at LB when Leif had that nasty looking injury. I don't know if he was told to, or offered. But he filled in for 2 or 3 minutes and made a good intervention.

He is class.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:30 - Sep 23 with 787 viewsCheese_Sandwich

Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:24 - Sep 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

I would also love to see them doubling up on the Right. That could involve Burns at RWB and Hutchinson as the Right Forward in a 5-2-3 out of possession/3-4-3 in possession.

I noticed that Omari immediately slotted in at LB when Leif had that nasty looking injury. I don't know if he was told to, or offered. But he filled in for 2 or 3 minutes and made a good intervention.

He is class.

I fleetingly read somewhere - it may well have been on here - that although he is naturally right-footed his father encouraged him to train with his left in order to make his game more rounded.

I have no idea if that is true but it's interesting to see how adaptable he can be.
Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:37 - Sep 23 with 757 viewspointofblue

Stating the Obvious But …. on 22:24 - Sep 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

He is class.

He offered, according to McKenna.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024