Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next signing priority 08:59 - Oct 1 with 2582 viewskizaitfc

Has to be a looking for a young Sam Morsy style CM.

A mixture of Morsy's disciplinary record and age means we need to have a plan for when he isn't available every week.

Massively missed Morsy and Broadhead today as we packed players that were willing to carry the ball and run at the Huddersfield defence (other than Hutchinson).

Most people praise Morsy's defensive side but he is so good at collecting the ball and driving us 10 - 20 yards forwards

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Next signing priority on 10:12 - Oct 1 with 2450 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Idris El Mizouni says "Hi!"
Next signing priority on 10:19 - Oct 1 with 2439 viewsWeWereZombies

Next signing priority on 10:12 - Oct 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Also Corrie Ndaba played the full game for Kilmarnock against high flying St Mirren in a more advanced róle than centre back yesterday.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Next signing priority on 10:23 - Oct 1 with 2426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next signing priority on 10:19 - Oct 1 by WeWereZombies

Also Corrie Ndaba played the full game for Kilmarnock against high flying St Mirren in a more advanced róle than centre back yesterday.

Interesting Scots accent you have developed there.

Might I add Humphreys as another for the future who might play that "róle"?

I do think Evans is a big drop off in quality at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next signing priority on 10:28 - Oct 1 with 2408 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Next signing priority on 10:23 - Oct 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting Scots accent you have developed there.

Might I add Humphreys as another for the future who might play that "róle"?

I do think Evans is a big drop off in quality at the moment.

According to McKenna, Evans was carrying an issue with his knee for most of the game.

“He had a block tackle in the first half on his knee, so he felt his knee in that,” McKenna said. “I’m not sure how much it was affecting him for the rest of the game, but he came off with that, so fingers crossed it’s not too serious.”

Goes someway to explain the below par performance.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next signing priority on 11:18 - Oct 1 with 2299 viewsFrimleyBlue

Next signing priority on 10:28 - Oct 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

According to McKenna, Evans was carrying an issue with his knee for most of the game.

“He had a block tackle in the first half on his knee, so he felt his knee in that,” McKenna said. “I’m not sure how much it was affecting him for the rest of the game, but he came off with that, so fingers crossed it’s not too serious.”

Even stranger not to take him off at HT then. If we could all see how bad he was playing and the staff knew he was injured.. why keep him on?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Next signing priority on 11:46 - Oct 1 with 2226 viewsWeirdFishes

Next signing priority on 11:18 - Oct 1 by FrimleyBlue

Even stranger not to take him off at HT then. If we could all see how bad he was playing and the staff knew he was injured.. why keep him on?

Probably didn’t even mention it until he went down. If he says at HT I took a knock but I feel fine I doubt they’d think too much about it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Aye on 11:58 - Oct 1 with 2174 viewsDyland

Morsy also affords Luongo more freedom and makes him a more effective player. Samy really is irreplaceable currently. Well, not irreplaceable exactly but you know what I mean. I get that Evans has a good range of passing but we are noticeably less efficient and dangerous without Morsy. And yeh, the coaching staff will be acutely aware of our excellent first choice midfield's age...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Next signing priority on 11:59 - Oct 1 with 2165 viewsFrimleyBlue

Next signing priority on 10:12 - Oct 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Do we have a Jan recall for him?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Next signing priority on 12:00 - Oct 1 with 2164 viewsBlueOura

The problem is, he is always one tackle away from another knee injury. Evans is a good passer of the ball, but for me he is too slow and too injury prone and we need to look to move him on either in January or the summer.
Next signing priority on 12:27 - Oct 1 with 2108 viewsericclacton

Yes, without Morsy we look fairly ordinary in mf, although Mass had a good game as usual Morsy is a one off.

Next signing priority on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 1924 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Next signing priority on 12:00 - Oct 1 by BlueOura

The problem is, he is always one tackle away from another knee injury. Evans is a good passer of the ball, but for me he is too slow and too injury prone and we need to look to move him on either in January or the summer.

I was a bit concerned when he pulled out of a 50/50.
Unlike Evans and they broke and launched an attack as a result.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Aye on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 1917 viewsDeano69

Aye on 11:58 - Oct 1 by Dyland

Morsy also affords Luongo more freedom and makes him a more effective player. Samy really is irreplaceable currently. Well, not irreplaceable exactly but you know what I mean. I get that Evans has a good range of passing but we are noticeably less efficient and dangerous without Morsy. And yeh, the coaching staff will be acutely aware of our excellent first choice midfield's age...

Suspect we would have won that game yesterday with Morsy in the side, but its a long season and his style of play means losing him for one or two games it will be something we have to live with.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Next signing priority on 15:46 - Oct 1 with 1884 viewspointofblue

Next signing priority on 11:46 - Oct 1 by WeirdFishes

Probably didn’t even mention it until he went down. If he says at HT I took a knock but I feel fine I doubt they’d think too much about it.

Thank goodness McKenna is his manager, and not Barton!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Next signing priority on 16:32 - Oct 1 with 1825 viewsNthQldITFC

Next signing priority on 15:32 - Oct 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I was a bit concerned when he pulled out of a 50/50.
Unlike Evans and they broke and launched an attack as a result.

To be fair, if that 50/50 is the one I'm thinking of, it looked like he would have taken the 'Uddersfield player out at chest height if he had followed through with it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next signing priority on 16:36 - Oct 1 with 1817 viewsRadlett_blue

While Evans has played in 3 Cup games, he missed the second half of last season & has typically played only 20-30 games in a season, wherever he has been. 30 next year & one to let go in the summer I think, as we have Taylor & the promise of Humphreys & El Miz.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Next signing priority on 16:40 - Oct 1 with 1801 viewsNutkins_Return

Luongo does a good job in same role. If Taylor hadn't got cramp midweek he would have started.

Luongo is nearly exactly a year younger than Morsy so I think we have a bit of time yet.

Flynn Downes would be ideal longer term....

We'll see how Idris kicks on but he's someway off a Morsy. Not saying he can't get there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024