Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby 22:07 - Oct 21 with 4798 viewsonceablue

Well the Irish,Scots and Welsh will be singing in the pubs

Why not concentrate on one of your own teams reaching the final rather than revelling in England’s demise

The great Irish teams and they have never made in past the quarter finals

No hang on a minute they have won 2 Eurovisions or it is 3 😂😂😂😂
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 1957 viewsleitrimblue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:49 - Oct 22 by onceablue

If you take that attitude the world will never change

More Scots were killed by the Nazis than were ever killed by the English.

And the above was only 80 years ago not 400

The Celts need to get over themselves

How is something that happened that long ago affecting the Celts lives today please enlighten me!!!!!

Feck man, yer lost a game of rugby, just dry yer eyes and get over it. Yer embarrassing us all.
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:55 - Oct 22 with 1946 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I wonder what the reaction was in Cornwall.

"The six regions widely considered Celtic countries in modern times are Brittany (Breizh), Cornwall (Kernow), Ireland (Éire), the Isle of Man (Mannin, or Ellan Vannin), Scotland (Alba), and Wales (Cymru)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_nations#:~:text=The%20six%20regions%20widel

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 1913 viewsonceablue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:53 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

Feck man, yer lost a game of rugby, just dry yer eyes and get over it. Yer embarrassing us all.

Well that says it all

You couldn’t answer the question

You need to join a political party whichever one takes you fancy 😂
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:04 - Oct 22 with 1911 viewsCornette

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:03 - Oct 22 by onceablue

Well that says it all

Sinn Fein?

It's triple cheese, extra cheese, mayo, pickles, onions ONLY, large fry, with a Sprite, you dumb bitch!

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:08 - Oct 22 with 1897 viewsleitrimblue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:03 - Oct 22 by onceablue

Well that says it all

Whats the question again love?
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:17 - Oct 22 with 1876 viewsonceablue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:08 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

Whats the question again love?

Come on my darling you know the question

It’s the one in Black and White
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 1871 viewsleitrimblue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:17 - Oct 22 by onceablue

Come on my darling you know the question

It’s the one in Black and White

I'm still not sure, i can barely make it out through yer tears. Is it something to do with Eurovision?
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 1869 viewsnoggin

Strange post, to say the least.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Login to get fewer ads

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:25 - Oct 22 with 1845 viewschicoazul

Extremely Tory attitude.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:28 - Oct 22 with 1840 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you look on the comments under the BBC match report there's a whole string of celts commiserating and saying it was a good match.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 1815 viewsPlums

How is something that happened that long ago affecting the Celts lives today please enlighten me!!!!!

I think you'll find that the habit of telling people how to think and act is a fairly deep rooted cause of colonial disdain for the English.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:35 - Oct 22 with 1792 viewsnoggin

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 09:26 - Oct 22 by onceablue

No revelling then just cheering and supporting South Africa

I can’t quite get my head round the Celts hatred of England particularly their sporting achievements

In Scotland they support ABE ‘Anyone but England’

I asked a Scottish friend why this is and he said he was bought up to hate the English

I can never remember my parents saying now son’ you must hate the Scots Welsh and Irish’ it was more ‘ now go and was your hands’

Or, "Now remember son, England is the greatest, most powerful nation in the world. We do what we want."

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:54 - Oct 22 with 1753 viewsonceablue

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:22 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

I'm still not sure, i can barely make it out through yer tears. Is it something to do with Eurovision?

Probably 😂
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:54 - Oct 22 with 1753 viewsJ2BLUE

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:22 - Oct 22 by noggin

Strange post, to say the least.

I'm sure not mentioning you was an honest mistake.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 14:04 - Oct 22 with 1737 viewsnoggin

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 13:54 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I'm sure not mentioning you was an honest mistake.

Erm.....

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 14:25 - Oct 22 with 1689 viewsMK1

They would appreciate how well England played SA. They went with a game plan, as they knew SA were the better side. Up until the final 15 minutes, they played it to perfection. NZ will be to good for them I reckon. Proper rugby fans applaud the opposition when they lose. Those you speak of, are not sports fans.
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 15:08 - Oct 22 with 1647 viewsRyorry

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:53 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

I rarely disagree with you Leitrim, but I'd say he's only embarrassing us all in that he posts here.

In every other sense he's just embarrassing himself.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 15:46 - Oct 22 with 1612 viewsRedX

You are a right oddball.

I’m Irish and I was very much cheering England on down the pub last night.

Really enjoyable game.
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 16:16 - Oct 22 with 1554 viewspositivity

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 15:46 - Oct 22 by RedX

You are a right oddball.

I’m Irish and I was very much cheering England on down the pub last night.

Really enjoyable game.

and i'm english and really couldn't care less, so no-one should generalise!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 16:40 - Oct 22 with 1518 viewsLord_Lucan

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 23:18 - Oct 21 by baxterbasics

I am reminded of the time I was in a Sports Bar in Glasgow, 2001, England v Germany on the screens.

Germany scored and the place erupted.

Imagine my glee though as England went on to score 5 😆

Remember that game well.

My weirdest one was when I did a two week stint in Swansea and every night in the pub everyone was at last orders singing anti England songs for no apparent reason.

Not a drop of sport on TV, in fact I don't recall TV's in the pubs then. All they had on the bar was a live pig as an air freshener.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 18:02 - Oct 22 with 1452 viewsRob88

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 11:07 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

'I can't quite get my head round the Celts hatred of England' Can I suggest a history book.

By that logic shouldn’t we all hate Denmark?
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 11:40 - Oct 25 with 1171 viewssolemio

Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 18:02 - Oct 22 by Rob88

By that logic shouldn’t we all hate Denmark?

Of course we should - and it was only 1000 years ago.
Well the celts will be happy with the rugby on 12:09 - Oct 25 with 1151 views_clive_baker_

I don't suppose many of them are fans of the Nazi's either tbf, if that makes you feel any better.

I don't really get the issue. I'm English but my wife is Irish, in-laws all Irish, kids are therefore half Irish. There's always some rivalry but isn't that pretty normal in sport. I wanted them to beat NZ as personally, I tend to support the home nations over the southern hemisphere sides. I was disappointed when they lost, and FWIW my in laws were all supporting England over SA. Might not be true of all Scots, Welsh and Irish but then supporting them probably isn't true of all English either. It's definitely a 2 way thing, England football fans sing about Scotland getting battered at pretty much every game. While I do find it pretty cringe that Scotland football fans support anyone but England, it's more visible as generally we have the luxury and enjoyment of supporting England at major events, while they've not qualified.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024