Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? 22:53 - Nov 1 with 2850 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

£3.33’s worth of my ticket was spent standing outside Plant Blue. Absolute shambles…
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:56 - Nov 1 with 2802 viewsbluelagos

I saw a number of turnstiles not in use for the West stand. Fck knows why given it was near capacity and quite a few (like me) not in usual seat so having to negotiate paper/electronic tickets rather than STs.

Worst queues I've seen at Portman Rd.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:57 - Nov 1 with 2780 viewsLankHenners

Was the same against Wolves - think the scanners have trouble reading the QR codes on people's phones (couldn't scan mine against Wolves until I'd turned the brightness up as far as it would go) and as a lot of people would have had it on there tonight rather than the physical ST they usually use it takes more time.

Also with people having printed tickets you can see them pulling them out their pockets all crumpled up so presumably if they've made a mess of the bit that needs to be scanned it causes a delay.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:59 - Nov 1 with 2742 viewsSeablue

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:56 - Nov 1 by bluelagos

I saw a number of turnstiles not in use for the West stand. Fck knows why given it was near capacity and quite a few (like me) not in usual seat so having to negotiate paper/electronic tickets rather than STs.

Yes shockingly long queues...I assumed phones etc can provide glitches and hence hold ups...
Certainly all turnstiles should have been open.
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:01 - Nov 1 with 2719 viewsITFC_Forever

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:56 - Nov 1 by bluelagos

They were all in used except for the last few which are for the Fanzone weren’t they?

I know they’ve been struggling for staff as well, so maybe that’s a factor as well.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:01 - Nov 1 with 2709 viewsbluelagos

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:59 - Nov 1 by Seablue

Yes shockingly long queues...I assumed phones etc can provide glitches and hence hold ups...
Certainly all turnstiles should have been open.

Was surprised kick off wasn't delayed 15 mins tbh.

Defo learning for the club about using all the turnstiles for cup games.

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:12 - Nov 1 with 2601 viewsbluelagos

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:01 - Nov 1 by ITFC_Forever

They were all in used except for the last few which are for the Fanzone weren’t they?

I know they’ve been struggling for staff as well, so maybe that’s a factor as well.

The last few were defo not in use when I arrived 15 mins before kick off. If they are used for the fanzone why can't they stay open to kick off?

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:30 - Nov 1 with 2494 viewsSitfcB

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:12 - Nov 1 by bluelagos

The last few were defo not in use when I arrived 15 mins before kick off. If they are used for the fanzone why can't they stay open to kick off?

They don’t have the machines in them or the gate.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:47 - Nov 1 with 2437 viewsTexacoCup

I got in the Magness upper easy enough but as we were north stand end, our view was constantly blocked by latecomers for the first 15 minutes and to be honest for the last 15 minutes as people left early - not great!
Login to get fewer ads

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 08:08 - Nov 2 with 2169 viewstextbackup

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 23:01 - Nov 1 by bluelagos

Was surprised kick off wasn't delayed 15 mins tbh.

Defo learning for the club about using all the turnstiles for cup games.

Or people just arrive in good time?
I went in at 1925 with maybe 5 people ahead of me in the queue

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 10:52 - Nov 2 with 2026 viewsitfcjoe

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 08:08 - Nov 2 by textbackup

Or people just arrive in good time?
I went in at 1925 with maybe 5 people ahead of me in the queue

I got there at 1930, and missed kick off, and was still hundreds of people behind me at South Stand

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 10:59 - Nov 2 with 2010 viewsMeadowlark

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 10:52 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

I got there at 1930, and missed kick off, and was still hundreds of people behind me at South Stand

I didn't know the ground was built in 1930.....
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 13:16 - Nov 2 with 1852 viewsportmanroadblue

Think parking may have been an issue making a lot of people turning up late, I got in the south stand relatively easily at about twenty past seven, and spent the first 20-25 mins moving and watching people get in/out of seats.
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 13:19 - Nov 2 with 1844 viewsSheffordBlue

Traffic coming in on the A14 Eastbound through the contraflow was horrific. We got to the ground much later than we usually would.

Think that probably added to the other issues that have been mentioned already on the thread.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 16:04 - Nov 2 with 1734 viewsRonFearonsHair

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 13:16 - Nov 2 by portmanroadblue

Think parking may have been an issue making a lot of people turning up late, I got in the south stand relatively easily at about twenty past seven, and spent the first 20-25 mins moving and watching people get in/out of seats.

I got to Ipswich an hour before kick-off and it took me 55 minutes to find somewhere to park. Never known anything like it and the first time I have missed the start of a game for over 20 years.
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 20:32 - Nov 2 with 1606 viewsMillsey

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 16:04 - Nov 2 by RonFearonsHair

I got to Ipswich an hour before kick-off and it took me 55 minutes to find somewhere to park. Never known anything like it and the first time I have missed the start of a game for over 20 years.

Got there at 7.10 and loads of spaces in Portman Road car park 💪💪💪💪
What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 22:35 - Nov 2 with 1502 viewsRonFearonsHair

What was the hold up getting everyone in today? on 20:32 - Nov 2 by Millsey

Got there at 7.10 and loads of spaces in Portman Road car park 💪💪💪💪

Thanks, that might be worth knowing ahead of Millwall at the end of the month, though I am going to have to work out how to drive round there having arrived from the south of town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024